Switching Job From City To Free Zone

Topic locked
Switching job from city to free zone Aug 21, 2009
Hello,
I have been working with a organisation in sharjah for 3 + years.
Earlier when i had joined the company i was taken on a free zone visa in sharjah. later on after 10 months i was shifted to sharjah city visa. in both the cases my sponsor is the same company. I have been on the current sharjah city visa for around 30 months now (2-1/2 years).
I have now got a offer from a free zone company in dubai and have resigned from my current company.
My current contract is a unlimited term.
I have got the following questions:
1. will i to get a labor ban of 6 months.
2. Since i will be shifting to a free zone company will the labor ban create any problems.
3. What will be my gratutity calculation. will it be 1/3 or 2/3 of my basic.
4. I have resigned 2 days back. My contract does not mention anything on notice period. I have given a period of 2 months as my notice period. But my company says that they only need my services for handover for another 15 days hence they will only pay till the next 15 days. What is rule for resignation on notice period.
5. My leave for last year is still pending. what is the normal calculation for encashment of leave pay. meaning is it only basic or basic + HRA or Basic+HRA+TA + any other perks.
6. My company is not ready to pay for the return ticket as they say i have resigned and i have not been terminated. Am i liable to get the return ticket as well.

Waiting for everyones reply and thanks in advance.

Regards

utkarshc
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 22, 2009
As for ban you will get one as soon as your labour card is cancelled, but that should not affect your employment in the Dubai free zone. As usually freezones have nothing to do with the MOL .

But just check with the FZ o be sure as various freezones have slight diffrences.

Rest I dunno
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai