Resignation Rejected And Moving To A New Company

Topic locked
Resignation rejected and moving to a new company Sep 12, 2011
I've been working here in Ras Al Khaimah for a year and a half now and i have a limited contract of 3 years. I recently had an offer in Dubai that i accepted because of the large difference in compensation and benefits. After i signed the offer, I gave my resignation to my boss but i didn't tell him about the offer because for sure he won't let me go. I gave the excuse of wanting to go back home and i wasn't happy with my workplace anymore and of course the salary is too low. i think that i'll just be wasting another 1.5 years in RAK without even saving money. so anyway, my boss still rejected my 30 day notice because i don't have a replacement yet and was insisting that he wants me to stay because i was too good of an employee. blah blah blah. and he wants to increase my salary (which is not even near the salary i'll be receiving from the new company).

Questions are:
what can i do for him to cancel me?
Does he have the right to reject my 30 day notice?
do i get a sort of gratuity for working for 1.5 years which would be around how much?
do i have to pay anything for this cancellation to take place?

btw: i'm not worried about the ban because the salary is inside the bracket of the new labor law of 5k, 7k, and 12k and i do have a diploma that is in the process of being attested back in my country.

thank you all! and i hope that you guys help me out.:) i don't have much time and i want to be careful with my steps because i don't want to cause any problems.

inlovewithjazz
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Resignation rejected and moving to a new company Sep 12, 2011
Sadly they can still ban you, because you haven't completed the minimum time set out in your contract - which is 3 years! All new visas, as of January this year are 2 years, but you still have to complete your contracted time, otherwise you can still face a ban.

I don't think he can reject your resignation, however again, because your inside the minimum contract time you're unlikely to receive much and would actually end up having to pay the company back for your visa.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Resignation rejected and moving to a new company Sep 12, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:Sadly they can still ban you, because you haven't completed the minimum time set out in your contract - which is 3 years! All new visas, as of January this year are 2 years, but you still have to complete your contracted time, otherwise you can still face a ban.

I don't think he can reject your resignation, however again, because your inside the minimum contract time you're unlikely to receive much and would actually end up having to pay the company back for your visa.

even if the new company offers me more than 5k and i have an attested diploma the ban wont be lifted? how about if i stay for another 6 months (which makes it 2 years)...what can happen? do i still have a ban?
inlovewithjazz
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Resignation rejected and moving to a new company Sep 13, 2011
As I said you have to work the MINIMUM your contract is for - seeing as you signed before the 2 year rule came in, you would have to complete the 3 years. You can buy out the ban, it's usually about 5,000 Dhs. Contact the DNRD for more details.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Resignation rejected and moving to a new company Oct 07, 2011
Agree with person above. You have to work the minimum number of years as per your signed contract.
ukguy1
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Resignation Rejected And Moving To A New Company Jun 11, 2013
inlovewithjazz , he can do any thing but you remember your rights and go according to that only.

Call the Ministry of labour people and consult with them.

They are having helpfull service line.

Best of luck and dont waste your time where your heart is not allowing you to do.
Jacksally
Dubai Forum Visitor

undefined Aug 22, 2014
i currently working in freezone here in ras al khaimah,ive been working here morethan a year,i received a new job offer from other company but my problem is my current company asking me to pay 7k aed for the visa cost etc. my question is, the company have the rights to ask from me that big amount?
vivibet
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai