Quitting A Servant/maid Job In Ajman

Topic locked
quitting a servant/maid job in ajman Jun 12, 2014
my girlfriend works in ajman and we met after she had signed a new 3 year contract less than a year ago her previous was for 3 years too, now we want to meet so we can get married, she is from philippines, what is the law for quitting? she is going to see if she can go home on vacation then not go back but if they wont let her then she will have to quit, if she has trouble with her employer is there someone she can go to to help her out? any info on the law about this would help in case we have to have her just quit.

jimkyle47
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Quitting A Servant/maid Job In Ajman Jun 19, 2014
If she breaks the contract agreement, then she can face a ban, even a life ban. So it's best not to risk it. If she is working for the same employer, then she should ask whether the rules are more flexible since she already completed 3 years. Will she be taking your sponsorship if she quits working there? I see you are in USA, will you be sponsoring her to USA?

It would be better for you two to get married while she is still working. Once you are married, you can look at the options in an organized manner instead of doing anything hastily that you may regret later. It's possible that you can cancel the contract with her employer by paying some sort of compensation to the sponsor.
Radeya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Quitting A Servant/maid Job In Ajman Jun 19, 2014
the ban doesnt matter, she will have no need to ever work there again as i will be marrying her and she will be here in usa with me where i have my own business, we cant get married while she is working it is much harder and longer for a visa to usa then and her employers are strict muslim so a guy visiting her would be out of the question not to mention she has no time to meet she works 7 days a week and 12 or more hours a day and isnt allowed out without her employer with her from what i understand as she said just a few days her employer got mad because they went out from the villa. and it is same employer and i guess a 2 year not 3 year contract, she is afraid she will go to jail if she breaks it, i dont know the rules there being from the usa but that seems pretty farfetched to me, being here i can quit any job anytime i want with no problem, but i know it is different there especially for her type of job.
jimkyle47
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai