How To Respectfully Resign From A Company?

Topic locked
How to respectfully resign from a company? Dec 15, 2014
Sometimes, Resignation is an important step to achieve Career success. However, this is the time when your Professionalism comes in play because Resignation is easy but Resigning gracefully is not.

Introduction

So, you have now decided to go for a better job option and you are amidst planning your Resignation. But, will you go someday and tell the boss that you are leaving?? No, Professional behavior exhibits three steps while working for a Resignation. These steps are mentioned below;

Give Notice

If you want to leave with a head, never leave your employer trying to cover your blunders.This is perhaps the first step in ensuring Professional behavior. Companies give a certain time notice before asking to join, this time period can be utilized for giving Notice to your Boss.

Complete your Previous Tasks

Along with giving Notice of your Resignation, complete your previous and prepare guidelines for the next coming person. Although, it is not necessary but this can be a plus point in your Leaving Certificate with the chances of lot of Positive Recommendations.
Fill up the Communication Gaps

The third most important step while making your Resignation is to improve your communication with the colleagues you had some misunderstandings previously. This is high time to strengthen your networking so that doors should be open for any future Collaboration.

Write Your Resignation Gracefully

Here comes the most crucial aspect of the process. Bashing over the employer and listing all the faults is simply a poor management behavior. In writing Resignation letter, you must start with how much the main point and ends with clear dates and proper Greetings. For Example;
"Dear Mr. John: It was an honor to work 5 years for Rockstar Agency. This is to notify you that i will be working as a Manager in Lynx Company as of date [a date which is AT LEAST two weeks from the date of your conversation and letter]. Please accept my Resignation, it was indeed one of great experiences to work with you and your Company. Sincerely, Jack Martin.

Some Tips while handing your Resignation to your Boss are mentioned below;
• Make your Decision Looks Strong
Sometimes Company do offer incentives to stop employees from resigning. If your decision is permanent, convey your boss in a manner [Please find my Resignation effective from the XYZ date]

• Highlight your Achievements
Do not boast upon it but show some of your past projects and reflect upon your learning out comes of it.
• Try to Quit Happily
Even if you have hated every bit of your job, you must end it with a happy note. For example, you can discuss some happy moments with your Boss if your relation is on First name basis, rest you can link these moments in your letter. For Example "The insights i gained about the financial industry of US while working with Mr XYZ and Ms XYS has enables me to think in broader terms and has enhanced my in-depth researching skills".

Conclusion

Always Remember, the person whom you may bash today can end up being your Boss again. Also, in Corporate World, behaving unprofessionally raises serious question marks on your future successes and promotions. Thirdly, never miss your networking chance and Resignation is although a communication ending medium, still if you draft it carefully, you can end up leaving you job happier like ever before!

kiwistech
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai