Emirates Airlines

Topic locked
Emirates Airlines Oct 30, 2008
I have had telephone with emirates group base salary would be 8500AED per month, will give allowance for housing etc.

Before i move forward to the next step is this a reasonable salary to live on in the UAE, much less than what am on in the UK.

If anyone has some advice please let me know

grsams
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 30, 2008
Hi there,
You need to compare both "packages" in totality, that is to say deduct what you pay on rental in the UK as well as what you pay in taxes and then compare the salaries.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 30, 2008
Normally, your allowances will bring the total to approx AED 11-12K. In addition to this you get a medical insurance, and a number of tickets - and retail discounts.

That is a strictly ok package to start off with if you do not already have a setup in Dubai, but definitely not enough to live a life with all that Dubai has to offer you. You will not save any money and have to cut a few corners at the end of the month to make it to your next payday.
shariqq
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2008
Emirates group!! you will be working in a freezone.... consider your package well and make a good move.....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 02, 2008
To be correct, Emirates Group is not or in a Freezone, but a government organization that operates as a private corporate with an annual government payout.
shariqq
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 02, 2008
there is dubai airport freezone here? right?
they have the office there..not?
is it not freezone then?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai