Canadian Nurse

Topic locked
canadian nurse Jan 09, 2009
I am a Canadian nurse interested in working in Dubai. The offers which I have been given are substantially lower than I expected. I have 5 years experience and am licenced in the US as well as Canada. Is a myth that the contracts are as they are posted $70-$80000 USD/per year plus living accomadations? Or have i been mislead that there are such contracts in the UAE? Any help would be appreciated...

leigh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 09, 2009
The majority of the nurses that I saw in the hospitals in Dubai were Filipino, Indian or Eastern European. I believe that they are offered and accept lower salaries, so it is more economical for hospitals to hire them.

Sorry, I wish I could be of more help for finding a higher paying workplace. Maybe someone else here knows of a hospital or clinic hiring and paying well.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: canadian nurse Jan 11, 2009
leigh wrote:I am a Canadian nurse interested in working in Dubai. The offers which I have been given are substantially lower than I expected. I have 5 years experience and am licenced in the US as well as Canada. Is a myth that the contracts are as they are posted $70-$80000 USD/per year plus living accomadations? Or have i been mislead that there are such contracts in the UAE? Any help would be appreciated...

Hey Leigh. Why don't you go Vegas? There hurting for nurses. They give you pretty good incentives, housing etc. plus there is no state income tax in Nevada.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: canadian nurse Mar 13, 2009
leigh wrote:I am a Canadian nurse interested in working in Dubai. The offers which I have been given are substantially lower than I expected. I have 5 years experience and am licenced in the US as well as Canada. Is a myth that the contracts are as they are posted $70-$80000 USD/per year plus living accomadations? Or have i been mislead that there are such contracts in the UAE? Any help would be appreciated...

Hi

I do agree with kanelli,many people from various countries are working here on the salary they are offered.I agree that you have enough experience as a nurse and you would like to get a salary according to your experience,but having a job is the most important factor according to my opinion.You can get a list of companies from yellow pages UAE in employment agencies section.
Hope these suggestions will help you out.
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai