Jebel Hafeet

Topic locked
Jebel Hafeet Jan 19, 2006
Jebel Hafeet is a mountain primarily in the United Arab Emirates on the outskirts of Al Ain. The mountain actually straddles part of the border with Oman. The mountain rises 1240 meters and offers an impressive view over the city, with a drivable road extending to the summit. Jebel Hafeet was a well-known landmark through out the area's history and is a contemporary tourist attraction. An extensive natural cave system winds through Jebel Hafeet. It is often incorrectly labelled U.A.E's highest mountain (as it is certainly the most well-known); this honor actually belongs to Jabal Yibir.

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Jan 19, 2006
Hi people ,

Here are the pictures, hafeet is a really beautiful place with lots to see around. Make sure you have a full day on hand when you visit it. Visit the zoo, the hot water springs park. The hot water springs park has hot water pools , streams flowing by, ample of grass to relax. But the peak of everything is the sunset. its really chilly up there if u go this time of the year.

Take the Al Ain road from Zabeel and reach Al ain and keep driving thru the beautifully done roundabouts till you reach a sign which takes you to the zoo and towards hafeet mountain.

these pics have been taken during the eid holidays and was one of the best times i spent here.

Cheers,
Jerry
A palace at the top

A view from a view point on the way up

The road through Al Ain

The hot water springs park on the way up

On the way up

the winding road

Dont let the sun go down on me

The setting sun

One more

Rugged terrain

Haffet at night

Al Ain at night

Al Ain at night 2

hot water Springs

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2006
It looks amazing. I can't wait to go out and see more of the nature and geography here in the UAE.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 19, 2006
I guess this would be the right time to visit Hafeet, during the summers it would be really difficult to venture out and that too to take a look at the sunset:).

will try to post a few more pics later.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2006
Jeevan wrote:I guess this would be the right time to visit Hafeet, during the summers it would be really difficult to venture out and that too to take a look at the sunset:).

will try to post a few more pics later.

Cheers,

Jerry

Why more difficult in summer?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2006
At a guess the high temperatures?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 19, 2006
Yeah but dude, at 1200+ meters the temperature has to be much better on the summit... Maybe 10 degrees cooler?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2006
Liban,

does it make a difference from 50 to 40 deg C? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I still sweat like a MOFO at -5 deg!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 19, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Liban,

does it make a difference from 50 to 40 deg C? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I still sweat like a MOFO at -5 deg!

I see your point.... I'm used to the Lebanese notion of a mountain.

In Lebanon, it may be 40+ with the humidity in the coastal cities during the summer, but a hour or two away, around 2000+ meters up, its a nice 25 degrees, no humidity, cool breeze, waterfalls, forests, etc...

The UAE ain't like that... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 20, 2006
kanelli wrote:It looks amazing. I can't wait to go out and see more of the nature and geography here in the UAE.

it is an amazing place to visit, you'll have a blast. Also if you have access to an SUV try to hit some of the Wadi areas by the natural oasis. Also to add to Jerry's list of musts is the Museum. Signs for everything are well laid out once you get into the city.

Jerry thanks for the pics, I didn't make it to the zoo, got to it just as it was closing. How large would you say the zoo was?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 21, 2006
fayz wrote:
kanelli wrote:It looks amazing. I can't wait to go out and see more of the nature and geography here in the UAE.

it is an amazing place to visit, you'll have a blast. Also if you have access to an SUV try to hit some of the Wadi areas by the natural oasis. Also to add to Jerry's list of musts is the Museum. Signs for everything are well laid out once you get into the city.

Jerry thanks for the pics, I didn't make it to the zoo, got to it just as it was closing. How large would you say the zoo was?

Hi Fayz ,

The zoo itself is pretty big, hmm now how do i describe it:). well heres some information that i picked off a website.:)

Al-Ain Zoo occupies an area of about 450 hectares. It includes several animal species (Mammal, 88 species: 102 species of birds, 31 species of reptiles and 30 species of Fish). In addition there are recreation services for the Zoo visitors (e.g.) kids recreation area, cafeteria and trains for having a quick tour in the Zoo. Further- more we are about to start planning for a nature reserve or safari park at the southern part of the Zoo.

The Zoo includes different rare and endangered species and helped in breeding some of them to the degree that they are now not considered as rare species (e.g.) The Arabian Oryx. In last 2 years Zoo was carrying out rehabilitation programs in cooperation with the forestry dept. in Al-Ain, by introducing about 100 of Arabian Oryx into about forests. Other animals have been successfully bred (e.g.) Saudi gazelle, Rheem Gazelle, Scimitar horned oryxes, Gemsbok, Beisa & fring - eared oryxes, pumas, Jaguars, lions, Sand Cats, Caracals, Chimpanzee, Orangutans, Giraffe, Zebras, Hippoes, Nilgai, Addax, Nubian Ibex, and Barbary sheep. For Birds, different species: Ducks, emus, ostriches, cockatails, parakeets parrots, pheasants, peacocks, ..etc.

Time of visits: The Zoo opens for the Public all week days form 7AM: 6PM continuously

I am not aware of the ticket rates as my cousin was responsible for arranging them :).

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 12, 2006
Does anyone know anything about Dibba? hows the place for a visit, i mean a outing?. am looking to plan a outing soon, would appreciate information on places which are worth taking a look at.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 12, 2006
hey J,

Read my response at the bottom of this thread,

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15

if you are planning to go Dibba anyway this will make for a pretty kewl day, you end up in Dibba as part of the road trip.

Hope the info helps.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 12, 2006
fayz habibi thanks a lot that was a pretty informative piece:). hope i am able to plan this drive defore summers hit the place. Do you know any place where i can get hold of a detailed road map?.

Also does someone know where i can find concrete information on ubar, i am intrested in historical places and real old places get me going:).

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
does anyone have information about the Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet on top of the mountain. are the restaurants in the hotel any good? how expensive?

will the zoo, hot water springs park etc be closed if i go there on friday? :(
will it be too cold there now?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 11, 2006
i went there last sat for the first time, its really awesome.

i checked with the hotel their rates were 550 AED per night for single and double rooms
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2006
thanks aarrif, but i wanted to know how good/bad the restaurants at the hotel was?
just planning a day trip there and was wondering how it would be on a friday?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 19, 2006
Drove up there twice in the last month or so. Check out my pictures in my blog.
H Who
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 26, 2006
can someone give out directions to the hot springs near the mountain?
few friends went all the way up the mountain and back and said they saw no sign of the hot springs??? :( im going there next week, hope it wont be too crowded.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2007
Hey,
If you drive from Al Ain to Jebel Hafeet (following the signs carefully) - you enter the park (with a huge SZ picture on it), later on there are signs that lead you to Jebel Hafeet or Green Parks at the bottom of the mountain - they are clearly marked. There's a huge sheik's palace at the bottom and right around there are the springs and hot water pools. Can't miss it as only one road leads to the top.
As gfar as the Mercure itself is concerned - it's a nicely done hotel with great views of the valley below. Didn't get a chance to eat at the Mediterranean restaurant at the hotel, but the pool-side restaurant has good choice of snacks and bevs - you can lay down at the pool side, take a dip and generally chill.
Prices are lower than in Dubai or Fujairah - my Corona was 16 dhs and a snack meal is up to 30 or something.
Great experience. Go for it :)
dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos