Worker accused of groping woman while swimming
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_a ... 55330.html

Man loses both legs in accident
http://www.gulfnews.com/Nation/General/10355028.html

qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2009
Do you have a point here??

The second story is tragic, but do you think that the Egyptian got up that morning and said to himself: hey, I think I'll lose control of my car, crash into someone, and do some major damage.

On the first matter, and this is only a thought: why are Phillipino girls the target for this behavior?? Way too many stories about them being subject to such behavior. I also think many Philippino girls who have been victimized by this behavior have remained silent and didn't report it. So good for her for speaking out.

He would probably think twice before doing, what is alleged, the same to an arab woman or a white westerner.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 07, 2009
The Phillipino PA at work say she and her friends have been 'touched' countless times on the beach that they just don't bother going now. A few times they've tried shouting out, shouting for the police but to no avail.

I guess they are seen as the easiest/weakest target, hope this case changes things.

From my own experiences if Dubai beach was in Europe there would be a lot of men, deservingly, nursing black eyes and sore jaws.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

The second story is tragic, but do you think that the Egyptian got up that morning and said to himself: hey, I think I'll lose control of my car, crash into someone, and do some major damage.

Oi, never been almost run down by the mad egyptian driving on the wrong side of the road in your parking lot? I have. and maaaaannnnnyy others have too. seems to be their national past time - apart from pinching girl's bottoms
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2009
qdabdul wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Oi, never been almost run down by the mad egyptian driving on the wrong side of the road in your parking lot? I have. and maaaaannnnnyy others have too. seems to be their national past time - apart from pinching girl's bottoms

OK, I can see that you get out alot.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 08, 2009
Not to stereotype but here goes,

It was early morning probably 1am or 2am, I entered the lift, pressed 5, then a Filipina enterd pressed 10 and just as the doors were closing an Egyptial enters and presses 14.
As the lift stops on my floor, I got out, and to my surprise the Filipina did too. As I was leaving for my flat I looked back and we smiled. She had summoned another lift.

And I am in total agreement with QAbdul about these people making the internal roads dangerous. Just Crazy! You know kids walk on those roads, women are virtually catwalking and these nutters are speeding.....Just hope nothing averse takes place.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 08, 2009
Is there some kind of "tell" sign about Egyptians? Do they have a tat on their forehead or a sign around their neck?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 08, 2009
Most of my colleagues are Egyptians but I haven't been wronged in any way, so far. But they do have temper! :D
shoutingwind
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Is there some kind of "tell" sign about Egyptians? Do they have a tat on their forehead or a sign around their neck?

heard the song - walk like an egyptian ;-)
there's a new one being released by the bangles - drive like an egyptian.
and another one after that - pinch like an egyptian

and what's tickling you that you you've taken up their cause? some big donation to your camp? enjoyyyyy
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 08, 2009
donno so much abt egyptians, but makings assumptions and stereotypes like this is not wise! every nationalities have their good and bad attitudes!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Is there some kind of "tell" sign about Egyptians? Do they have a tat on their forehead or a sign around their neck?

Well I knew he was Egyptian, and she assumed he was...

And yes there is a tell sign, you can make out, not all, but some definately.

People need to understand that many Egyptians lead very hard lives. Like Pakistanis, Palestinians etc

There is no room for error, they need their jobs, they need their lifestyles and their government will not give it to them even though it's their right. Sad but true.
That's why I believe Egyptians are a hardened lot, a quality the rest of us don't like.

Now every community has their trouble makers no doubt, and Egyptians are no exception.

One of the most common complaints people hear about Egyptians is that they are arrogant. That I admit they do come of as.

Apart from bad drivers, and a neighbour who refuses to smile, personally my experiences with them have been more than cordial.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 08, 2009
I think it's quite a talent when you can tell what a person's nationality is just by looking at them. Having said that, there are certain nationalities that are very distinctive.

If you put people in groups and can identify their nationality just by "looking" at them that's pretty good.

Group
People from: Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon
People from: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maritius
People from: the US, the UK, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa

Just by "looking" at these people someone can identify their nationality? That's pretty good.

I was at a party last week and there was a woman who was very fair skinned with brown hair and subtle blond highlights. "Looking" at her you would never know that she was from Pakistan, but I guess some people have that gift.

As for arrogance - it doesn't discriminate, nor do bad tempers. Granted, some people are more arrogant than others.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 08, 2009
Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...
zonker
BANNED

Oct 08, 2009
zonker wrote:Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...

Egyptians are awesome. It's the Canadian's I'm not too sure about. Especially the ones from British Columbia :)
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 08, 2009
abyssdesire wrote:
zonker wrote:Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...

Egyptians are awesome. It's the Canadian's I'm not too sure about. Especially the ones from British Columbia :)

If that was a joke, I missed it....please explain so that I can have a good laugh too...like you..
zonker
BANNED

Oct 08, 2009
zonker wrote:
abyssdesire wrote:

If that was a joke, I missed it....please explain so that I can have a good laugh too...like you..

Yes of course.

zonker
Dubai Forums Frequenter

It was just a poke. No offence meant.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2009
^^...I have wandered quite far from Dubai; left in 2004 voluntarily, didnt know at the time if it was the right thing to do; miss the easy life occasionally; found DF by chance in 2007 (I think), and am just frequenting the site since; keeping my finger on the pulse so to speak. I think things have changed quite a bit since 2004. Thats my story.
zonker
BANNED

Oct 09, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I think it's quite a talent when you can tell what a person's nationality is just by looking at them. Having said that, there are certain nationalities that are very distinctive.

If you put people in groups and can identify their nationality just by "looking" at them that's pretty good.

Group

Just by "looking" at these people someone can identify their nationality? That's pretty good.

I was at a party last week and there was a woman who was very fair skinned with brown hair and subtle blond highlights. "Looking" at her you would never know that she was from Pakistan, but I guess some people have that gift.

As for arrogance - it doesn't discriminate, nor do bad tempers. Granted, some people are more arrogant than others.

To you white folk us brown folks might look all the same ! LOL :D

No but majprity of the times you can tell unless its a blonde blue eyed indian ! ( yes I know a pakistani like that too ! both born and brought up in their own countries and not from mixed backgrounds ! )
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 09, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I think it's quite a talent when you can tell what a person's nationality is just by looking at them. Having said that, there are certain nationalities that are very distinctive.

Group

To you white folk us brown folks might look all the same ! LOL :D

No but majprity of the times you can tell unless its a blonde blue eyed indian ! ( yes I know a pakistani like that too ! both born and brought up in their own countries and not from mixed backgrounds ! )

DDS, I hope you didn't take my post wrong. I was addressing people who are able to "identify" someone's nationality, just by looking at them! For me personally, with the examples I noted in my post, I truly cannot tell nationalities of Arabs just by looking at them, and I can't tell by "looking" at someone if they are Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan or from Mauritis, who I may add, have a similar "look" to those I just mentioned. Anyway, who cares??? My friends are a mixture of nationalities, and I personally wouldn't have it any other way.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 10, 2009
Have you read my signature? for me it says it all.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 10, 2009
Another way to put it: we all bleed the same.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 10, 2009
Best not to believe everything you read in Gulf News.
gavtek
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat