Emarat Accused Of Strip Searching Workers Over Tips

Topic locked
Nov 07, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Sniper it's not bloody funny! Imagine the indignity of the whole thing for the sake of a few dirhams!

I sometimes wonder about you and how you can make fun of something which is so humilitating to other people.

What the hell did I say? Oh mein GOD!! Choco is hallucinating! :lol:

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:What happends to the money? Does it get pooled and shared among the workers? Does it heck! Emarat keeps it and puts it into it's own pocket.

Shameful, shameful, shameful - I'm never using Emarat again!

Well if u dont use emarat, it wont redress the situation of those poor workers. Instad I would meet up with the manager or emarat HQ and give em my opinion. It's so bad they "Stripe -search" retards - lack empathy :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
Well if u dont use emarat, it wont redress the situation of those poor workers. Instad I would meet up with the manager or emarat HQ and give em my opinion. It's so bad they "Stripe -search" retards - lack empathy :x

What the hell is your problem calling the employees of Emaraat "retards"? You sound so much like HP sometimes its unbeleivable!!

Pathetic children.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2005
In most other countries, we have to fill our cars ourselves etc etc etc. These guys provide a service, they're no different to a waiter in a resturaunt and we tip them for good service,

At restaurants, customers mostly depend upon the presentation of waiters about the menu ( e.g. dish of the house,specific wine with particular dish). The good presentation and service of waiters lead to up selling and cross selling.

But at fuel station, attendants can not convince you to get petrol instead of diesel. Customers usually know what they are going to purchase.

At restaurants people usually spend 30-an hour but at fuel station ,the interaction is not more than few minutes.

so why not these poor guys who're probably lucky to earn 600Dhs a month!

Liban used to give very nice advice to people" if you dont like dubai then leave it "

Those guys understand a,b,c of terms and conditions before being employed.

regards
HP :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2005
Moving back on topic.

I just came back from an Emarat station, I asked 2 of the station attendants what happened to tips and they both told me management takes it. I asked about the searching and they said yes it happens, instead of tipping this time, I shook the gentleman’s hand and that is the last time I will buy gas from Emarat. I asked about the searches and he said this happens.

I asked them if they knew Eppco/Enoc attendants and they said they did, these stations allow their employees to keep tips earned.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 08, 2005
When I come back to Dubai next week I will not be filling up my car in Emarat stations as I did before.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2005
Sniper, I'm not seeing things, you deleted your insensitive post, or the mods did!

Fayz, Good for you! If people stop using Emarat they'll soon get the message.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

.. Nov 08, 2005
I have stoped going to Emarat stations since and plan to boycott Emarat for the next 3 months.

i have also sent in a mail to Emarat to make sure that the co. understands and has a feel of the public opinion.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 08, 2005
Good idea, why not email: info@emarat.ae put for the attention of their management and give them hell!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 09, 2005
Stop being childish peepz……… don’t think that a company ll bankrupt if fayz , choco or liban wouldn’t use its services.

what about having riots in Dubai like France ? Or what about having a news paper " Voice of people" ,choco being chief editor ? You can use news paper to discuss such kind of issue :P

I smell riots in Dubai , it ll start from satwa and spread all over UAE like France...........................
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2005
HP, have you seen how many letters there have been in 7 days every single day from people over this topic! No I suppose reading a paper even a free one is beyond you.

Virtually everyone I know is stopping using Emarat and their friends, and people they know and so on and so on.

And yes people can make a difference, you know people should use their voices to let these big companies know what they think of them more often, if they start to lose money, then of course they're going to start to listen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 09, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:HP, have you seen how many letters there have been in 7 days every single day from people over this topic! No I suppose reading a paper even a free one is beyond you.

Virtually everyone I know is stopping using Emarat and their friends, and people they know and so on and so on.

And yes people can make a difference, you know people should use their voices to let these big companies know what they think of them more often, if they start to lose money, then of course they're going to start to listen.

come on choco ,u hardly know the bunch of loosers hehehe ( 0+0 +0 ) .People can only make the difference if Media launch a propaganda war against such kind of so called "malicious business practice " .I assume it is not allowed in Dubai .

How many people visit Dubaiforums.com? i never see more than 4 online users :P

HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2005
rosa parks was only one person, never underestimate the will of a person.

wait a minute you probably don't even know who that is.. read here first then respond as you see fit.
http://www.grandtimes.com/rosa.html
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 09, 2005
Absolutely right Fazy, Rosa Parks was an incredible woman. She's just been given top honurs and a state burial in the states.

FYI - Rosa Parks was a black woman and she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a bus, making people fight for equality.

She was a total inspiration.

You see HP, it takes one person to start and others to follow, so why don't you do the right thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 09, 2005
Why are we wasting or time and bandwidth trying to explain to a buffoon like HP how one person can make a difference? Its not like he will ever understand...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat