Traffic Fine Online

Topic locked
Traffic fine online Mar 14, 2009
I was at an intersection today and the road going straight was closed. I decided to turn right but had already crossed the free right turn.

So I turned right from the intersection instead and I did this on a red light. I'm scared that this would be counted as jumping a signal. I have checked online but no fines are showing up.

Will this count as jumping a signal?

How long does it take for a fine to show up on the dubai police website?

abhi1980
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 14, 2009
You need to pray you were not observed and drive more carefully
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
First of all you need to check if there was camera on that intersection.

It takes appox 2 days for fine to show up.

Good news for you camera wont click if you took a right or U turn. But dont blame me if the fine does eventually turn up.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:First of all you need to check if there was camera on that intersection.

It takes appox 2 days for fine to show up.

Good news for you camera wont click if you took a right or U turn. But dont blame me if the fine does eventually turn up.

You will be OK, unless of course you were observed and reported by a good law abiding citizen.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
On another note, how long does it take for a fine from those new speed cameras to show up? I got flashed 3 weeks ago, doing 115 kph on a road that suddenly went from 120 kph to 80 kph limit. Not sure if RTA has seen the error of their ways, because that camera was still flashing away yesterday.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 15, 2009
gtmash wrote:On another note, how long does it take for a fine from those new speed cameras to show up? I got flashed 3 weeks ago, doing 115 kph on a road that suddenly went from 120 kph to 80 kph limit. Not sure if RTA has seen the error of their ways, because that camera was still flashing away yesterday.

where was it? that would be of a help too...

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
gtmash wrote:On another note, how long does it take for a fine from those new speed cameras to show up? I got flashed 3 weeks ago, doing 115 kph on a road that suddenly went from 120 kph to 80 kph limit. Not sure if RTA has seen the error of their ways, because that camera was still flashing away yesterday.

The road from Al-Ain into Dubai, heading towards Wasl Hospital. The road is 120 kph all along. Then suddenly, there is a sign saying 80 as the road starts to slightly curve right entering Dubai. But then, as you ease off the accelerator, you'll reach a newly-placed camera.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 15, 2009
gtmash wrote:
sharfraz wrote:

The road from Al-Ain into Dubai, heading towards Wasl Hospital. The road is 120 kph all along. Then suddenly, there is a sign saying 80 as the road starts to slightly curve right entering Dubai. But then, as you ease off the accelerator, you'll reach a newly-placed camera.

Yes thats a nasty new one in a very dodgy position, gonna make a lot of money I'm sure.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
Al-khail road down to 100 from 120 :s

I drive on that road everyday and I used to drive happily and pass all cameras on 139KM.. suddenly I got flashed last month to find out the cameras are flashing on 121KM. :(
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2009
quatroporte wrote:Al-khail road down to 100 from 120 :s

I drive on that road everyday and I used to drive happily and pass all cameras on 139KM.. suddenly I got flashed last month to find out the cameras are flashing on 121KM. :(

But it's not the whole Al Khail Road is it? As I saw signs yesterday still stating a limit of 120kph.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:
sharfraz wrote:

Yes thats a nasty new one in a very dodgy position, gonna make a lot of money I'm sure.

That's the thing. The fine hasn't appeared in 3 weeks. It'd be at least 700 bux if it did.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 15, 2009
Got flashed days back on SZR doing 130kph at 2 am; staying under 120 in 6 lane SZR seems like the toughest thing to do specially when its late and near deserted....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
Al Khail road has always been a 100km zone for much of it!

The fines show up pretty quickly online. You don't get any black points or confiscations unless you are 50kms over the speed limit, but the fines are pretty steep.

I'm getting peed off with them sticking a sneaky temp on on the main road out of Mirdiff. I was tempted to go throw the thing in the back of my car yesterday and smash the hell out of it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
quatroporte wrote:Al-khail road down to 100 from 120 :s

But it's not the whole Al Khail Road is it? As I saw signs yesterday still stating a limit of 120kph.

exactly... you start of 120KM limit and suddenly just before the camera the 100KM limit board is placed :(

this is nasty
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:Got flashed days back on SZR doing 130kph at 2 am; staying under 120 in 6 lane SZR seems like the toughest thing to do specially when its late and near deserted....

SZR has been downgraded to 100kph limit before you get to Dubai Marina for quite some time now.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:Got flashed days back on SZR doing 130kph at 2 am; staying under 120 in 6 lane SZR seems like the toughest thing to do specially when its late and near deserted....

SZR has been downgraded to 100kph limit before you get to Dubai Marina for quite some time now.

but why a 6 lane straight-line highway is only set at 100KM?!?!?!?!? :shock:

as a result.. and for the first time in my life I started to use cruse control in my car... :evil:

I got flashed on SZR just because mistakenly i didn't pay attention to my car speed when it got only 122km or something...

the best part... a 2 lane curved road in Khawanij is set on 100KM too????? based on what they set speed limits in Dubai?!?!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

but why a 6 lane straight-line highway is only set at 100KM?!?!?!?!? :shock:

as a result.. and for the first time in my life I started to use cruse control in my car... :evil:

I got flashed on SZR just because mistakenly i didn't pay attention to my car speed when it got only 122km or something...

the best part... a 2 lane curved road in Khawanij is set on 100KM too????? based on what they set speed limits in Dubai?!?!

To be honest I have been using my cruise control for years and it sure makes a difference - no speeding fines.
The 100 limit is ridiculous though.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
I got flashed 10 days ago...checked 4 days after the radar got me and still no fine. Which reminds me i need to check now =/

Wish me luck!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 16, 2009
MC wrote:I got flashed 10 days ago...checked 4 days after the radar got me and still no fine. Which reminds me i need to check now =/

Wish me luck!

Takes a few days sometimes, don't worry it will come.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
hmmm still not there....I was on the third lane...Maybe it was another car??? Please be another car!!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 17, 2009
read this --

UAE: Speed limits to be revised soon
07 March 2009
DUBAI – The final decision on the revision of speed limits in Dubai is expected in two months,
according to the Road and Traffic Authority (RTA)
Meanwhile, an RTA official said that motorists should continue to abide by the maximum and
minimum speed limits on the signboards while driving on Sheikh Zayed Road )SZR)
“The speed limits on SZR are 100km per hour from the World Trade Centre roundabout to the
Fifth Interchange at Jebel Ali and 120km per hour from the Fifth Interchange till Abu Dhabi. The
minimum speed limit on the road is 60km per hour,” the official added.
The revision would come at a time when motorists, including taxi drivers, have been confused by
the speed limited imposed on Sheikh Zayed Road, particularly after the installation of the new
traffic cameras at different intervals of the road.
“It’s very confusing sometime. With so many cameras on the road, we don’t know when we are
going to get clicked,” said Abdul Khatir Rahman, a taxi driver. “Last month, two cameras clicked
pictures of my car on the road, despite my speed being well within the legally acceptable limit. I
really want to know if there has been any kind of revision in the speed limits.” He said.
Meanwhile, the RTA official urged motorists to keep a lookout for the temporary signboards that
have been erected as well.
“There are some roadworks and diversions in progress on Sheikh Zayed Road and the speed
limits near these zones have been reduced considerably that what has been stated, The drivers
need to follow these temporary signs that show the right speed limits,” the official said.
“The roads are constantly monitored for their safety records, and speed limits are being
evaluated for their effectiveness,” he added.
Hussain Al Banna, Director of Traffic Department listed other planned traffic initiatives, which
included taking remedial actions in the dangerous traffic spots, raising the bar for traffic safety
on all new road projects and introducing a road safety assessment system in the city.
trafficlinq
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 17, 2009
trafficlinq wrote:read this --

UAE: Speed limits to be revised soon
07 March 2009
DUBAI – The final decision on the revision of speed limits in Dubai is expected in two months,
according to the Road and Traffic Authority (RTA)
Meanwhile, an RTA official said that motorists should continue to abide by the maximum and
minimum speed limits on the signboards while driving on Sheikh Zayed Road )SZR)
“The speed limits on SZR are 100km per hour from the World Trade Centre roundabout to the
Fifth Interchange at Jebel Ali and 120km per hour from the Fifth Interchange till Abu Dhabi. The
minimum speed limit on the road is 60km per hour,” the official added.
The revision would come at a time when motorists, including taxi drivers, have been confused by
the speed limited imposed on Sheikh Zayed Road, particularly after the installation of the new
traffic cameras at different intervals of the road.
“It’s very confusing sometime. With so many cameras on the road, we don’t know when we are
going to get clicked,” said Abdul Khatir Rahman, a taxi driver. “Last month, two cameras clicked
pictures of my car on the road, despite my speed being well within the legally acceptable limit. I
really want to know if there has been any kind of revision in the speed limits.” He said.
Meanwhile, the RTA official urged motorists to keep a lookout for the temporary signboards that
have been erected as well.
“There are some roadworks and diversions in progress on Sheikh Zayed Road and the speed
limits near these zones have been reduced considerably that what has been stated, The drivers
need to follow these temporary signs that show the right speed limits,” the official said.
“The roads are constantly monitored for their safety records, and speed limits are being
evaluated for their effectiveness,” he added.
Hussain Al Banna, Director of Traffic Department listed other planned traffic initiatives, which
included taking remedial actions in the dangerous traffic spots, raising the bar for traffic safety
on all new road projects and introducing a road safety assessment system in the city.

Yes we know, your point is?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat