Escape From Dubai

Topic locked
escape from Dubai Mar 09, 2009
i spent 4 years in Dubai after i was invited by the chairman of Dubai world, at the begining everything was nice, when they need you, Emirati's are always helping and smiling, i developed a state of the art manufacturing company for Sultan Bin Sulayem, but then they lost interest quickly to move on something else and everything snapped, betrayal, blackmail, my passport was confiscated , i was sacrificed until i reimburse the company expenses! i am not talking about my debts here, i had none what so ever, they blamed me for just normal company expenditures, in Dubai, know that a manager, a CEO are personally and financially can be held responsible for losses caused by their employer's decisions, and jailed with no charges, indefinitely, i had no other choice but to escape on a dinghy and cross the arabian sea for 8 days in order to go back home. There is nothing worth to take the risk to travel or live in this anachronistic and ruthless society, there are so many genuine places and beautiful beaches elsewhere in the world, don' try Dubai, it is a trap, a golden cage, you can lose everything.
my story is on www.escapefromdubai.com

herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 09, 2009
:)
Look on the bright side. Atleast you got to write a book after you adventure...
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 09, 2009
before you ventured into dubai you knew pretty well what you were getting yourself into. simply the money was good so you decided to move in now everything is bad you decide to bad mouth dubai and make money out of your experience. hmmmmm
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:before you ventured into dubai you knew pretty well what you were getting yourself into. simply the money was good so you decided to move in now everything is bad you decide to bad mouth dubai and make money out of your experience. hmmmmm

@ rudeboy:
What do you know about this guy! Don't talk about individual you don't know. If this guy's story turns out to be true, he shows us simply the other side of the coin.

When will you grow up rudeboy and understand the world is not roses for everyone!?

@ herve:
Anyway: I have some scepsis about your story. Why would you head for water in the Gulf, pass through highly guarded straits of Hormuz (Iran, UAE, Oman and US navy patrolls there!!) So tell me, why not travel to Oman and take a dingy from Oman? Much shorteR!!

Awaiting your reply herve.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 09, 2009
you are absolutely right about the heavily patroled straight of ormuz, and it is smart for you to notice, i escaped from fujairah area, on a friday when everybody was praying.
Oman was indeed a good option, even if i would have had to "jump" the fence.
it was not easy, it took me a long preparation, 2 months.
@rudeboy, it is not about bad mouthing, it is about the truth. beleive it or not i went to Dubai with promises and on the shake of a hand with his excellency. i had no idea that 3 years later i would be threatened to be tortured. i got out because they picked on the wrong guy. there is no reason to keep a scandal like that quiet when Dubai claims to be an open society.
many others are trapped or imprisoned without charges, so i will speak out
www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 09, 2009
Since you have an interesting backstory for us to read someday soon. I was wondering if you can explain to me why you have been so badly treated, because I for once don't believe 'his excellency' would decree such a threat like torturing.

Can you explain why this all happened to you. Did you gave them some sort of reason for their behaviour if this is all true.

I'm willing to adhere to the story but I'm having a bit of trouble finding it all plausible. Is this faction of fiction or maybe a combination of that?

Can you share us your reasoning about this?
RobbyG

Mar 09, 2009
The way I understand your story is that the government has nothing to do with whatever happened to you..

It seems like you had a bad experience with ONE individual (who works for the government) but the business you both had was private/personal.

If that is correct, that would mean that you probably had a disagreement between yourself and your employer (maybe partner?) and you got in trouble.. That can happen anywhere not only in Dubai, it can happen in France and/or the US.

Similarly, many UAE nationals trusted expats with businesses and lost everything they had, the expats just went back to their countries and left the UAE nationals in trouble over here.

Unless I misunderstood your situation??
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 09, 2009
hamadl wrote:Similarly, many UAE nationals trusted expats with businesses and lost everything they had, the expats just went back to their countries and left the UAE nationals in trouble over here.

Does the name Steve Trutch ring a bell?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
Del wrote:
hamadl wrote:Similarly, many UAE nationals trusted expats with businesses and lost everything they had, the expats just went back to their countries and left the UAE nationals in trouble over here.

Who was that?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Trutch was at one point one of Mo's right hand men. He would decide which construction firm, for example, would get the brief to widen Maktoum Bridge/build the golf club by the creek etc etc.

But he was either taking a back-hander or would create the construction companies!

He wasn't allowed to join a golf club in England, so he built his own golf course somewhere up north.

Mo sued him for US$100million (it went to the High Court in London) and I believe he got most of it back.

Trutch is banned from Dubai but his wife has a few businesses here.

The joke was Mo only hired Trutch because the guy had a beard!
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Trutch was at one point one of Mo's right hand men. He would decide which construction firm, for example, would get the brief to widen Maktoum Bridge/build the golf club by the creek etc etc.

But he was either taking a back-hander or would create the construction companies!

He wasn't allowed to join a golf club in England, so he built his own golf course somewhere up north.

Mo sued him for US$100million (it went to the High Court in London) and I believe he got most of it back.

Serves him right. honestly speaking this is the time when all the "rubbish" will be cleared out of dubai. ppl like trutch should have been banned from day 1.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2009
herve wrote:you are absolutely right about the heavily patroled straight of ormuz, and it is smart for you to notice, i escaped from fujairah area, on a friday when everybody was praying.
Oman was indeed a good option, even if i would have had to "jump" the fence.
it was not easy, it took me a long preparation, 2 months.
@rudeboy, it is not about bad mouthing, it is about the truth. beleive it or not i went to Dubai with promises and on the shake of a hand with his excellency. i had no idea that 3 years later i would be threatened to be tortured. i got out because they picked on the wrong guy. there is no reason to keep a scandal like that quiet when Dubai claims to be an open society.
many others are trapped or imprisoned without charges, so i will speak out

please provide evidence. if you dont have evidence you will just post your opinion which i dont know whether it is true or not.

honestly speaking i can stand up tommorow and say i was tortured but will it be true?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
@rudeboy bare with me rudeboy and watch it is coming, indeed i am not going to disclose here the proofs , obviously this is not the place, and i dont even know who you are, it will be in the widest exposure for everyone to know that Dubai is a fraud. There is more to come in prime time news. the idiots who threatened me to be tortured did not know who they were dealing with, i can tell you now, that i had a concealed recorder on me, and that i got it all on tape. i think it is pretty good enough. can you only fathom what kinds of balls it requires to walk in a police station for questionning with a wire on yourself.
so yes i can stand up tomorrow, release the transcripts, and the phone number of the moron who threatened me. i can do it not only for myself but for many others who cant speak out because they are trapped.
As far as my little "excursion" i have all the paperwork to prove what i say, trust me when you write a book, lawyers check everything. anyways you want to beleive what suits you, so there are no proof that can go against that.
a last you give me the opportunity to tell about another good one , a little embarrassing for them , the boat i escaped on, i purchased it under a phony name, bill of sale in hand, to HH Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahayan, the royal family helped me out but of course they did not know. my book is full of little surprises like that.
@robbyG of course Sultan would not decree himself torture threats, his people did, which is the same. to respond to your question let me say first i have not done anything wrong or other than what i have been asked by Sultan himself. second when somebody gets robbed, do you ask him if he gave a reason to the robber to be robbed. or if a woman gets raped do you ask her if she gave a reason to be raped? no, of course you go after the morons.
even if I had done something bad, i should have been either fired or sued, regardless nothing, and nobody, can justify passport confiscation, blackmail, coercion and torture threats. by doing so they completely discredited themselves, and i would love to see their lawyers go after me.
www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
Me biased? You are pulling up a smoke curtain by saying that to me.
I'm merely questioning some of your encounters with the Dubai authorities. You should welcome that, as I try to adhere to your story.

You might as well develop a big book writing Ponzi scheme like Bernie Madoff did, only he (Madoff) did it a few years longer and a few billions larger in size.

If you want to be plausible, don't pull a curtain with me. Open yourself and I might buy your book one day...

Think about that reasoning. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 10, 2009
RobbyG, it took me a long time to understand why this happened, and half of my book to explain. it is difficult to explain this here in a few lines, and i dont want to pull a curtain on you. They put me through hell for 9 month. my best advice to anyone when a situation like this begins would be :do not trust ANY Emirati, do not try to understand, RUN ! ignore it and suffer the worst consequences. if you cannot trust someone like Sultan bin sulayem who else can you trust? i should have listened the warnings when i moved to Dubai. i am now warning others.
in short i was sacrificed, blamed for someone else bad decisions and bad business, somebody was looking for a scape goat, and they picked the westerner, like always. it happened to me, like others before, it is still going on and will happen again.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
As you say, we have to wait to see your proof. But regarding UAE sultans, if so, they have a looooong way to go to even get close to the likes of Switzerland’s sultans. They simply took the money from the Jews and let the Germans kill them. That’s why they had to pay several billions in “damages” in the 90: s.

I’m not saying this did not happen to you. I’m saying it happens everywhere and that’s it.

Have you heard about the Syrian arms dealer in US jail? US told him to sell arms to Iraq during IRAN-IRAQ war. Then they told him to sell to Iran to use the money in Nicaragua. He got scared. He told US the Arabs would kill him for this betrayal. US got angry with him and put him in jail in Florida where CBS 60 minutes interviewed him and he told the whole story to them too.

I think he is still in jail. And they took his passport. :(
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 10, 2009
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

He was never actually hired, I believe he was seconded from John Laing Construction
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 10, 2009
herve wrote:RobbyG, it took me a long time to understand why this happened, and half of my book to explain. it is difficult to explain this here in a few lines, and i dont want to pull a curtain on you. They put me through hell for 9 month. my best advice to anyone when a situation like this begins would be :do not trust ANY Emirati, do not try to understand, RUN ! ignore it and suffer the worst consequences. if you cannot trust someone like Sultan bin sulayem who else can you trust? i should have listened the warnings when i moved to Dubai. i am now warning others.
in short i was sacrificed, blamed for someone else bad decisions and bad business, somebody was looking for a scape goat, and they picked the westerner, like always. it happened to me, like others before, it is still going on and will happen again.

Is the book available?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 10, 2009
from June 2009. Little more patience.

Ask his shirt off first :D
RobbyG

Mar 10, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

He was never actually hired, I believe he was seconded from John Laing Construction

Something like that.
Either way, he ripped off Mo something rotten - loss of face and all that.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 10, 2009
Del wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Something like that.

yeh came across an indian top guy in Etisalat who prefers some money before doing any business with you.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
herve wrote:@rudeboy bare with me rudeboy and watch it is coming, indeed i am not going to disclose here the proofs , obviously this is not the place, and i dont even know who you are, it will be in the widest exposure for everyone to know that Dubai is a fraud. There is more to come in prime time news. the idiots who threatened me to be tortured did not know who they were dealing with, i can tell you now, that i had a concealed recorder on me, and that i got it all on tape. i think it is pretty good enough. can you only fathom what kinds of balls it requires to walk in a police station for questionning with a wire on yourself.
so yes i can stand up tomorrow, release the transcripts, and the phone number of the moron who threatened me. i can do it not only for myself but for many others who cant speak out because they are trapped.
As far as my little "excursion" i have all the paperwork to prove what i say, trust me when you write a book, lawyers check everything. anyways you want to beleive what suits you, so there are no proof that can go against that.
a last you give me the opportunity to tell about another good one , a little embarrassing for them , the boat i escaped on, i purchased it under a phony name, bill of sale in hand, to HH Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahayan, the royal family helped me out but of course they did not know. my book is full of little surprises like that.
@robbyG of course Sultan would not decree himself torture threats, his people did, which is the same. to respond to your question let me say first i have not done anything wrong or other than what i have been asked by Sultan himself. second when somebody gets robbed, do you ask him if he gave a reason to the robber to be robbed. or if a woman gets raped do you ask her if she gave a reason to be raped? no, of course you go after the morons.
even if I had done something bad, i should have been either fired or sued, regardless nothing, and nobody, can justify passport confiscation, blackmail, coercion and torture threats. by doing so they completely discredited themselves, and i would love to see their lawyers go after me.

is some1 having me on? is this a bandit :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Del wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Something like that.

yeh came across an indian top guy in Etisalat who prefers some money before doing any business with you.

I guess this thread doesn't need to turn into YET ANOTHER anti-Indian rant. Can I suggest this post is ignored :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Del wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Something like that.

I guess this thread doesn't need to turn into YET ANOTHER anti-Indian rant. Can I suggest this post is ignored :D

OH CUM ON I havent even started yet Guvnor. oh come on :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 11, 2009
Del wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Something like that.

Yeah, it all hit the fan back in 92/93, caused some serious problems for quite a few Companies here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Who was that?

Something like that.

Yeah, it all hit the fan back in 92/93, caused some serious problems for quite a few Companies here.

PM
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 11, 2009
I'm kinda interested in your book Herve. You're website did pursway me to read it so I'm gonna buy your book after June this year.

I'm looking forward to it! Sounds exciting ;) Though horrific for you
RobbyG

Mar 12, 2009
fake stuff.. google it ..

might be a variant of those nigerian email scams ! a loot i say..asking you to buy a book!?

is this stuff in the media or in the papers..

even in wikipedia.. this fellow has posted the same thing as posted in df..i highly doubt it
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
ahamed....what is it that you doubt actually, my escape? what hapened to me, or what? doubt it all you want, just give it time, it is coming in the media and the papers. And when it comes it is going to hit hard their reputation and expose what really is the Emirati society. With the proofs. my full story, how i made it, why it hapened and why Dubai is overrated and should be avoided. Everything is fabricated, from celebrities who are bought hard cash to perfom for advertising dubai, celebrities who bought a villa on the palm island, this is all fake, to lure people to put money in Dubai. i will come up later with names.
i was working for the government, very close to the highest officials, with access to confidential information that i am about to reveal. Dont you think that at this point i have everything to back it up as disturbing as it may be for the Emirati's.
when i was in Dubai they kept me under duress for 9 months, i was living in fear, took away my passport and blackmailed me. but now that i got out, i am going to expose the whole thing.
i am a recognized engineer and inventor, a former navy officer and secret agent, what credentials, or what have you done in your life to accuse me. of course you have the right to question me, be sceptical, and doubt it, but dont you dare accuse me to be a nigerian scam.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
i highly doubt it
i hope that 4 words in my post were clear.

i am doubtful of what you are claiming has happened to you..since you understand that me or anyone who is reading your post has to right to doubt it and ask questions.

if your post is true, then i would love to see it in media and in the papers and acknowledge what the reality is along with a proof against the people with whom you had so said terrible experience.

and If your story has happened in your real life, then i owe you a big applause and would consider the successfull escape you have made.

however, you have to proove it. anything that can back you up & assist you on confronting them.

what you see is what you get..

i ll go through your website..but again.. in your story..citation is needed ;)

best of luck
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat