What's That Smell?

Topic locked
What's that smell? Dec 17, 2007
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 17, 2007
I always knew living in Arabian Ranches was going to be shite!

Its the great smell of MONEY!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 17, 2007
its everywhere now, thats why sheik zayed road has that smell too
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2007
Bleakus wrote:its everywhere now, thats why sheik zayed road has that smell too

Yeah I've particularly noticed it around MOE which is why the article sparked my interest. I thought something smelly was going on.
^ian^

Dec 17, 2007
Could be worse,

Must be them horse's ar$e$
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2007
Dubai Municipality Parks and Gardens Department fertillizes all the flower beds and roadside beautification projects with dried human excrement manure, made available by...wait for it...Dubai Municipality Sewage Department Al Awir!

Maybe that is the smell?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 17, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:Dubai Municipality Parks and Gardens Department fertillizes all the flower beds and roadside beautification projects with dried human excrement manure, made available by...wait for it...Dubai Municipality Sewage Department Al Awir!

Maybe that is the smell?

Knight

no wonder there are lots of flies everywhere!

miss_mel
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 17, 2007
miss_mel wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Dubai Municipality Parks and Gardens Department fertillizes all the flower beds and roadside beautification projects with dried human excrement manure, made available by...wait for it...Dubai Municipality Sewage Department Al Awir!

Maybe that is the smell?

Knight

no wonder there are lots of flies everywhere!

Y? they like the smell?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 17, 2007

Maybe that is the smell?

Knight

how do you know this?
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2007
on SZR same situation. good thing my apt is on one of the upper floors, but when ur walking on the street....uhhhh....its awfull to smell that rotten water they use for watering the grass.

and not only SZR and the areas mentioned in the article. lately whenever we go there is this smell of...well...

of course it has nothing to do with plants or whatever being treated with some solution, its just untreaded sewage water.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 18, 2007

Maybe that is the smell?

Knight

That's shitty!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2007
they are laying grass on the new interchange into the Marina and it stinks like hell here too
arniegang

Dec 20, 2007
gezza wrote:

Maybe that is the smell?

Knight

how do you know this?

I know many things, for I am truly a wise and wordly Knight!

Quite easy really: Move into a villa in Dubai and then ask the gardener to get some fertilliser and 'medecine' for your lawn. It comes in 25kg brown paper sacks direct from the Municipality Parks and Gardens Nursery Department (Sheikh Zayed Road near Al Jadaf and the junction to the new Garhoud Bridge) and is clearly written on the bag!

If he brings 'medecine' in a black bin liner strapped to the back of his bike...run like hell! Its pure potassium nitrate and is an active constituent of TNT!

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat