Topic locked

do you think she should be punished??

No
90%
yes
10%

Total votes : 10

Nov 27, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:There is one small thing I’d like to point out in the whole scenario. The questions of why and who? Surely, any rational person if they feel that their beliefs had in some way been affronted would firstly take up the issue with the teacher and failing a suitable explanation then proceed to the principal to take action. Given the context of the school and the diverse nature of religious backgrounds (it is not an Islamic school and has students from other faiths as well), the teacher or headmaster would simply admit the mistake and rectify the error – failing any course of action the “complainant” could then go justifiably to the police.

I feel the method used was purely self-serving to possibly show what a paragon of virtue he/ she is in the community and to draw attention to their own actions and piety and not necessarily that their religious beliefs had been affronted. You get attention seekers in every walk of life and community; it’s just unfortunate that it has escalated to this.

I know some of the other teachers at the school as well as in the area; theirs is definitely a labour of love and not for financial reward.

Sad

good post

gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:It's because Mohamed didn't believe in idol worship.

That's why you will not see pictures of Sheikh Mohamed or Sheikh Zayed all over Dubai or Abu Dhabi, as to worship or idolise something or someone is haram.

Hehe, you're kidding about there being no pics of Sheikhs all over, right? Can't tell if sarcasm is involved.

:D
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 28, 2007
It was an excellent example of sarcasm GT, the bottom line being "double standards"
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 29, 2007
Totally OTT.

I should imagine the kids wanted to name the teddy Mohammad as it is a boys name and was expressed with a warm friendliness.

Some Muslim friends of mine have a boxer dog called Mohammed after Mohammed Ali.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 30, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Some Muslim friends of mine have a boxer dog called Mohammed after Mohammed Ali.

Was it called Cascius before it moved to the UAE?
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 30, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
jabbajabba wrote:Some Muslim friends of mine have a boxer dog called Mohammed after Mohammed Ali.

Was it called Cascius before it moved to the UAE?

boom boom! :)

No this is in Berks, UK. I asked them once how they felt about Sharia Law in the UK. The answer was 'naaah!, thats some crazy saudi sh1t init?'.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 30, 2007
Just heard on the radio.

She got fifteen days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7119399.stm

Her boss "The school's director, Robert Boulos, told the AP news agency: "It's a very fair verdict, she could have had six months and lashes and a fine, and she only got 15 days and deportation."

What a lip service, party line towing no backbone twat!

One point that strikes me is that no Muslim countries have spoke up on this? Seems like anyone can hijack Islam now and not meet any opposition.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 30, 2007
[quote="jabbajabba".

Seems like anyone can hijack Islam now and not meet any opposition.[/quote]

If only that were the case
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 30, 2007
I think it's ridiculous. One of the children actually said that he wanted the teddy named after him, his name is Mohammad.

So it's OK for hundreds of thousand of people, pets and what not to be called Mohammed, but you can't name a teddy?

Stupid stupid stupid!

Can I call my teddy Jesus!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 01, 2007
Just heard that there have been public protests calling for her execution.

One Cleric said it was a conspiracy by the west against Islam?!? So let me try to understand this..... The MI5 / CIA secret service worked out an ingenious plan of planting a 58 year old school teacher with a 70's style perm in deep Sudan. A cunning plan was then hatched to have her use mind control over some school kids to manipulate them into naming their class teddy bear xxxxxxxx. Dam I did not see that one coming.

Here is a picture of the other infidel (I dare not use his name for fear of my life).

Death to the fluffy kefir!!! Chop off his paws and throw him from the mountain!!!!

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 01, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I think it's ridiculous. One of the children actually said that he wanted the teddy named after him, his name is Mohammad.

So it's OK for hundreds of thousand of people, pets and what not to be called Mohammed, but you can't name a teddy?

Stupid stupid stupid!

Can I call my teddy Jesus!

Someone has beat you to it;

'Christ'mas Teddy';

"A lovely soft white bear for Christmas 2007, Klondike is sure to strike gold.

Klondike from Gund is a gorgeous teddy bear in the style of a polar bear with small two tone brown beads for eyes and a black cotton nose.

This lovely soft white bear wears a red plaid ribbon tied in a bow to show his Christmas spirit and has beans in his bottom and love in his heart.

Surface washable."

http://www.teddybearfriends.co.uk/teddy ... -bear.html

ARRGHH! i BET IT WAS THE JEWS THAT MADE THIS!!!

However - Pan, Thor and Haile Selassie are up for grabs if your quick though.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums