Salik - Payment

Topic locked
Salik - payment Jul 03, 2007
Did anyone manage to log-in to Salik's website to refill your account?

I have received the SMS with account number and PIN code but after trying with account number, mobile number, license plate number, passport number, tag number etc I cannot login.

And calling them is impossible.

Guess we need to ask the guy at the petrol station to fill up our cards..?

Henrik
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Salik - payment Jul 03, 2007
Henrik wrote:Did anyone manage to log-in to Salik's website to refill your account?

I have received the SMS with account number and PIN code but after trying with account number, mobile number, license plate number, passport number, tag number etc I cannot login.

And calling them is impossible.

Guess we need to ask the guy at the petrol station to fill up our cards..?

Thats because you forgot to include:

1. The phone number and date of birth of the last deceased relative from boht sides of the family. If they were both female you need their grandparents permissions (if these are dead then you need another tag).

It's a good thing they are embracing technology otherwise...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2007
Login with the email address you gave them when you bought the card. Password is the PIN number they send you in SMS - if you haven't received it, you can't login. See Salik info for more...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 03, 2007
It seems my MEbank online banking thingy now has a salik option. cool.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 08, 2007
ok. this salik thing really annoys me.

i get sms today saying that i need to add funds to myaccount coz my account balance of 10aed is below the set recharge value.

now, i been trying to login their website but the site seems not to be working and their hotline has been eternally busy!!!

has anyone tried re-charging their salik account??
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2007
According to Gulf News today, the 'recharge' section of their website will be up and running shortly.

In the meantime, you have to top up using your account no and pin at fuel stations or Emirates Bank

Good Luck!
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 08, 2007
I updated it on the emirates bank website - really easy

But also the salik website wouldnt load either
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 08, 2007
guess no better alternative then..

there u go --- new activity has just been added to my stressful life in dubai. haaaayyyyy
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2007
scarlet wrote:But also the salik website wouldnt load either

You need to pay a Salik-website-user toll fee to get the fast loading version
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 08, 2007
If you can't login it's because they haven't actually registered your account on the web yet. I called them with the same problem, and they said it could take upto 2 weeks for the login to be active. And said just make up the difference when it's active.

Bloody load of shit if you ask me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 09, 2007
I know I’m going to regret this but what if you have 2 cars, both with Salik tags on one account but only one cars' tolling charges are shown on the website? Anyone have a similar problem? I really won’t be happy if I get a few thousand in fines on my other car because of someone’s typing or exclusion errors.

I tried calling Salik and after 1.5 hours on hold I gave up. The website is pathetic as well, well maybe not pathetic but way way way underpowered, it takes a huge amount of time to load a page and half the time it gives you a message saying the page is under construction.

Also from what I've been told anybody who has applied for their Salik tag before July 1st should have gotten a text with your pin, if you haven't received this yet you need to call them but good luck with that.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 09, 2007
went to emarat last night to recharge my salik
u need to have ur acct & pin # which they will send u via sms after u purchased salik sticker. in my case, i got the sms after a week from day of purchase. give this to nos to emarat guys and pay amount minimum of 50aed.

they said it will be credited in my acct after 2 days. i asked what if i need to pass through salik from today and i only have 6aed left it my account? they said: its ok madam, u wont get penalty.

can i say that to rta when i get penalty from rta in the end? how can they implement this thing when they arent ready at all????
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2007
gtmash wrote:It seems my MEbank online banking thingy now has a salik option. cool.

Its a good thing that they set up that payment option so quickly
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 09, 2007
^^ yeah theyre excellent at getting payments... but are the payments get credited to ur salik acct on real time? or do u still need to wait for 2 days??
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2007
panaghoy wrote:^^ yeah theyre excellent at getting payments... but are the payments get credited to ur salik acct on real time? or do u still need to wait for 2 days??

How can anyone know anyway? Although I'd assume the money from MeBank goes directly into RTA's account. Petrol stations probably don't have a direct hook-up to RTA, hence the delay.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 09, 2007
most petrol stations are only taking CASH for salik cards

:shock: :shock:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 11, 2007
I also manged to refill my card at the petrol station - but as you say would have been nice to know that apparently there is a policy or unwritten rule that they only accept cash.

It is beyond my understanding how a relatively simple "business model" is made complicated here - assuming we should consider ourselves customers that pay for a service.
Henrik
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat