Driving From Dubai To Fujairah - Most Interesting Route?

Topic locked
Driving from Dubai to Fujairah - Most Interesting Route? Dec 29, 2008
I'm heading to Fujairah for a couple of days next weekend and I'd like to know the most interesting route to get there. I'm sure I could just head out from Dubai and follow the signs but is there any way that is nicer, or has stuff to go and see on the way?

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
The Sharjah Dhaid road (Sharjah Airport Road), is the most common route and relatively boring until you get to Masafi, then it's sort of scenic through the mountains. More interesting is to turn left at Masafi, head up to Dibba and then down the coast to Fujairah but that will add at least an hour to your trip.

The road to Fossil Rock and Kalba has less traffic, is more scenic especially through the mountains (there's a long tunnel also). It's parallel to Sharjah Airport Road on the other side of Sharjah University City. When you get to Kalba, turn left. Is about 20 mins longer than the Dhaid Road.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for the reply.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
bonk wrote:The Sharjah Dhaid road (Sharjah Airport Road), is the most common route and relatively boring until you get to Masafi, then it's sort of scenic through the mountains. More interesting is to turn left at Masafi, head up to Dibba and then down the coast to Fujairah but that will add at least an hour to your trip.

The road to Fossil Rock and Kalba has less traffic, is more scenic especially through the mountains (there's a long tunnel also). It's parallel to Sharjah Airport Road on the other side of Sharjah University City. When you get to Kalba, turn left. Is about 20 mins longer than the Dhaid Road.

thats correct..

to be more specific... take Emirates Road heading towards sharjah... when you get to National Paints bridge... dont drive above it but take the roundabout below it and drive right... drive all the way straight dont turn left or right... one direction... all the way to Kalba (oman cost)

its a very recommended drive and you will enjoy it :)

enjoy the drive,
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks quatroporte, but don't you mean take the right at the National Paints roundabout (from heading North)? Or is it one where a left will take you right? [Edit] You fixed it. :-) Thanks (or I was halucinating)

I should have clarified but I'm staying at the Le Meridien which is up the coast a bit so the first way up over the top and back down would probably be quicker, but I might take your way there and the other way back home.

Also, looking at Google Earth it looks like an interesting drive. Right through the mountain range.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 30, 2008
quatroporte wrote:
bonk wrote:The Sharjah Dhaid road (Sharjah Airport Road), is the most common route and relatively boring until you get to Masafi, then it's sort of scenic through the mountains. More interesting is to turn left at Masafi, head up to Dibba and then down the coast to Fujairah but that will add at least an hour to your trip.

thats correct..

to be more specific... take Emirates Road heading towards sharjah... when you get to National Paints bridge... dont drive above it but take the roundabout below it and drive right... drive all the way straight dont turn left or right... one direction... all the way to Kalba (oman cost)

its a very recommended drive and you will enjoy it :)

enjoy the drive,

interesting .. so basically juss take right from that r.about and it leads all the way to kalba ? hw long would it normally take and are the views great ?
icecube
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 31, 2008
If you go to Dibba (Al Aqah) I don't recommend you to drive via Masafi...
There are a lot of humps on narrow roads after Masafi...

The best route: Sharjah airport road - Dhaid - after Dhaid take left then road to Ras-Al-Khaimah and on the first round-about take right on a highway through mountaines. That highway is the most beatiful part of journey....

Looks a little bit intricate but there are signs everywhere on the route....
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 31, 2008
Yes, I know that road - quite scenic also. I'd prefer the Kalba option though, mostly because it's much quieter than the Sharjah - Dhaid Road.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around