Bed Bugs Gel Killer

Topic locked
Bed Bugs Gel Killer Oct 10, 2006
Anybody knows the gel like insecticide that is good for killing bed bugs????? I saw one in my neighbor's flat, I need to help her eradicate that before it visits my flat! :shock:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Bed Bug? Nov 02, 2006
Try a waterbed....no chance for bed bugs.
My friend just opened a showroom in Dubai.

www.aquasleepsensation.com

take care.
the camper
happycamper1977
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 02, 2006
Bed bugs are not prevented if you have a waterbed!
Sheesh! There is a big difference between a bed bug and a dust mite! You can't even see dust mites with the naked eye.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 02, 2006
lol....let's see you try getting a hundred+ bed bugs out of a spring mattress:-D

nevertheless, try http://www.thepestdepot.com . you have to order online, but they deliver to dubai i believe. i know this because i had the same problem as you once. I ordered it to my house in the states, and it worked miracles.

can't you find that kind of stuff in dubai?

cheers
the camper
happycamper1977
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 02, 2006
What can you do to manage bed bugs?

Refer to the management scheme (flow chart) for more guidance.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/management.html

Before considering treatment, collect specimens and confirm their identity (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/specimen.pdf). Managing bed bugs requires a multi-faceted approach that generally includes cleaning, room modifications, and insecticidal treatments to the residence.

Search for signs of bed bugs. Carefully inspect the bed frame, mattress, and other furniture for signs of bed bugs and their eggs. Although dead bed bugs, cast bug skins and blood spots may indicate an infestation occurred previously; they do not confirm that an infestation is still active. Search for live (crawling) bugs and ensure they are bed bugs before considering treating. To confirm the identity of the specimens, refer to our evaluation form http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/specimen.pdf.

Reduce clutter to limit hiding places for bed bugs.

Thoroughly clean the infested rooms as well as others in the residence. Scrub infested surfaces with a stiff brush to dislodge eggs, and use a powerful vacuum to remove bed bugs from cracks and crevices. Dismantling bed frames will expose additional bug hiding sites. Remove drawers from desks and dressers and turn furniture over, if possible, to inspect and clean all hiding spots.

Mattresses and box springs can be permanently encased within special mattress bags. Once they are installed, inspect the bags to ensure they are undamaged; if any holes or tears are found, seal these completely with permanent tape. Any bugs trapped within these sealed bags will eventually die.

To prevent bed bugs from crawling onto a bed, pull the bed frame away from the wall, tuck sheets and blankets so they won’t contact the floor, and place the frame legs into dishes or cups of mineral oil.

Caulk and seal all holes where pipes and wires penetrate walls and floor, and fill cracks around baseboards and cove moldings to further reduce harborages.

If you own your residence, we suggest you contact a licensed pest control operator who is knowledgeable and experienced in managing bed bug infestations. Ask the pest control company for references, and ask at least a few of their customers about their experiences before you agree to any contract.

If you are a tenant, contact your property manager or landlord to discuss your respective obligations, and to agree on a plan to manage the infestation. Generally, landlords are legally required to contract with a licensed pest control operator.

Request a written integrated pest management (IPM) plan from the pest control operator. This plan should detail the methods and insecticides to be used by the pest control operator, and describe the efforts expected by the building manager as well as by the tenants.

Because bed bugs and other pests may spread through cracks and holes in the walls, ceilings and floors, it is wise to inspect adjoining apartments on the same floor as well as those directly above and below.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

bugs Nov 02, 2006
lol....is that an attempt to refute my waterbed argument? If it is, I stand firm:-)

It takes 1 wipe and 1 washing cycle to ENTIRELY decontaminate a waterbed. Be it bed bugs, bed mites or whatever else:-) Tell me what you want, you have no chance of reaching that kind of hygiene with a spring mattress.

BTW, I find it of great interest that Harvard University would post a flow chart on how to exterminate bed bugs. Are these the guidelines for the dormitories?

take care
the camper
happycamper1977
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 02, 2006
We have this Gel insect killer. We are working on this to launch here in Dubai also. Looking for the feasible partner or distributor.
abdalrasheed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 02, 2006
A waterbed mattress of course is better in the fight against bedbugs, but as far as I know, most beds have frames, and waterbeds have especially deep frames that have lots of crevices for bedbugs to hide in. Therefore, bedbugs can still infest a waterbed, as well as the rest of bedroom furniture and cracks in the walls, or even behind wooden baseboards etc.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 02, 2006
Yes, bed bugs can infest just about anything (waterbeds too). However, it is much easier to remove the bugs out of waterbeds (just wipe em off). I've had the same problem once (and hopefully never again), but it took me about 5 mins to get rid of them.

Having said that, it obviously is much easier to get them out of airbeds:-)

peace
happycamper1977
Dubai Expat Wannabe

try this.. Jan 05, 2007
try looking on http://www.emiratesvillage.com
you are bound to find what you want.
If not, post a free ad stating what you need and someone is bound to get back to you.
mr_mo
Dubai Forum User

Re: Bed Bugs Gel Killer Oct 30, 2010
Try CareEasy Mattress, This is an air and water proof and can be cleaned easily, allergic symptoms are also controlled as it does not let dust mite or bed bugs stay on it. They claim itself antibacterial/anti viral as well. I advise you to visit their office at 905, Damas Tower, Maktoum road near clock tower Deira, Dubai. or call 04-2989662
victor123
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai