Time To 'unban' BM...

Topic locked
Time to 'unban' BM... Jul 30, 2012
Andy, by now you might have realized that banning BM was a mistake. I say that as the forum is now dead (really). Those pushing for her banning have either gone away (or in my opinion have no creativity and are a 'one topic' click - i.e. pick on someone, etc. And have nothing original to contribute...).

I say bring BM back...not jut the alter egos :roll: :roll: :roll: (yes, I know... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Then again, you might think a dead forum is ok... :P

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Time To 'unban' BM... Jul 30, 2012
What do you mean 'bring her back'? She's operating here under various aliases and has been since her original username was banned. The reason most people have disappeared, is becuase they're sick and tired of fighting with these aliases. Bringing her back is not the answer, her disappreaing and never coming back is!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ambassador wrote:banning BM was a mistake

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The mistake was she wasn't banned soon enough and was allowed stay around to contaminate the place. The forum has been around since 2005 and it was arrival of your beloved that destroyed it. Not the other way around.

Instead of vulgar display of BM fanboi-ery maybe you should ask your cherished one and her bunch to finally get the message and leave. The forum is not dead because of her being banned its dead because of her and her minions that continue to be a nuisance. Maybe she'll listen to the lone member of her fan club.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

BM was given umpteen chances to get her act together, but no she went down the psychotic looney route. Members don't want her here, Admin doesn't want her here - get the message and go away.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

People need to stop starting these daft threads.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,BM gets my vote to return.

--- Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm ---

desertdudeshj , Is this a cut n paste from several previous efforts since 2005 to ban those who do not conform to the parnoid 4 thought process.

For example one of the many posts with this one from 2010. So familiar.

Pot kettle black..eh ?

PLZ dont pollute rest of this forum with your trollness. Stay in your play pen. You might not find the mods here as paitent and forgiving as shaf and ban you outright.

P.S: Shaf ! you forgot to leash your pet troll again ! He is crapping all over the place now

Note now 4 and not 5 paranoid trollers as Bora has also posted her "wont be back" resignation post.

@European, "Does someone have a sharp stick to poke Kanelli with? DF doesn't want to miss her contribution to this topic". You will need to post this in FC to get Kinsmellis attention. Big stick required to prise from under the hiding hole rock.

--- Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:24 pm ---

Chocoholic , I agree Chocs but nobody else has anything to add except the word sad, troll, BM and mostly out of view in FC. How newbies look at this and depart on arrival.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

I for one am glad she is gone. DF became a murky pool of chavness with her around!
Dubai Knight

Looks like even the topic has brought the forum to life which has otherwise been dead.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock wrote:Looks like even the topic has brought the forum to life which has otherwise been dead.

Yes, the point of the thread :P otherwise dead.. :P

Speaking of dead; DK, you still alive? How?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:The mistake was she wasn't banned soon enough and was allowed stay around to contaminate the place. The forum has been around since 2005 and it was arrival of your beloved that destroyed it. Not the other way around.

Instead of vulgar display of BM fanboi-ery maybe you should ask your cherished one and her bunch to finally get the message and leave. The forum is not dead because of her being banned its dead because of her and her minions that continue to be a nuisance. Maybe she'll listen to the lone member of her fan club.

Got any posts of your own that you think set the bar for excellence on the forum?

Or just barely literate one liners your two brain cells can churn out?

desertdudeshj wrote:Question : People with certain obsessions can be considered retarded?

Old Bat is obessesed with DF, so yes.

Calling members "retarded". You're certainly God's gift to the forum (and clearly head above shoulders our brightest member to grace our presence).
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Time To 'unban' BM... Jul 31, 2012
European wrote:Two?
And you complain about me calling somebody a moron. The saying goes black pot calls gray kettle black.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Ambassador ,

Are you trying out your diplomatic skills on DF? :)
Anyway, I for one am not in favour of banning anyone. Its counter-productive in the long run on a forum like this.
Considering the sensitivities of the region, however, posters should know what to post and how.
A maximum ban should be for a month. Repeat as many times as necessary.
My 2 cents.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Frequentflier wrote:Ambassador ,

Are you trying out your diplomatic skills on DF? :)
Anyway, I for one am not in favour of banning anyone. Its counter-productive in the long run on a forum like this.
Considering the sensitivities of the region, however, posters should know what to post and how.
A maximum ban should be for a month. Repeat as many times as necessary.
My 2 cents.

Agreed...and have said that before. Anyways, it matters not as there are hardly any posts nowadays - again, perhaps the goal of those advocating 'bans'.

I may check back in amonth or so - hopefully not same, same.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Frequentflier , LOL well sadly the number of times BM was banned and the number of her indescretions, it probably amounts to a lifetime ban anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Frequentflier , Good two cents.

Unfortunatley the squelling piggies we have amongst us would have a full time job squelling to AndyBA.

Oh, this is in General we should repost in FC or nobody will read it or respond. :mrgreen:
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Time To 'unban' BM... Aug 01, 2012
European wrote:While you're on I wonder if you'd like to explain why BM, FD, EH and Herve were banned?
It wasn't you and Kanelli trying to reclaim your forum was it?
Weren't unsubstantiated claims of "Islamophobia" enough?

It wasn't like kanelli could ever show the members she campaigned against had broken forum rules.

Rule breaking - like calling members and their wives "whores" and "kunts", posting Antisemitic statements or PMing members to snoop out personal information on other members - is for her gang of holy rollers to do.

But Andyboy does a heckuva job cleaning up after them.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

BM was primarily banned because she put peoples personal information on the forum - like real names, links to facebook pages and even had one forumers family photo as her avatar! That's why. Kind of a joke really as we all know her 'real' identity, but would never stoop so low.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Whatever, we pretty much all know you're BM anyway. You know exactly why YOU were banned. Why don't you get it that nobody wants you here? You're mentally unstable.

With that last post you pretty much just outed yourself, because there's no way a relatively new poster would know any of that. Well done - so that's another username we can add to the ignore, because she's mental, pile.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

So now you've been outed yet AGAIN you're going to do your usual MO of ranting on every single thread?! So predictible BM and boring and you wonder why people don't want you here. Why can't you act like a 'normal' person.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Hey chocs, et. al.,

I think the fact that BM keeps resurfacing under other names demonstrates how futile 'banning' is.

I was not around during whatever happened regarding 'personal' info, who offended whom, etc. which lead to BM's (or anyone else's ban).

If you think about it, if BM's intent was to reveal personal information about others she could easily do even now. Certainly the banning did not erase that information from her mind. Thus she can just sign in with her new username and repost the info. The fact that she has not is telling me thinks.

Regrettably the forum has turned into 'spot BM' nonsense with insults as to BM's character/state of mind, etc. (she may or may not be all that, I for one don't know or care - on a forum!).

So it appears that BM is 'unbanned' after all..
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

haha maybe what Ambassador means is that Andyba should unban all the ex forumers who were banned before.

For example Concord. Who agrees that Ambassador is Concord?
Look at first posts in these two threads, any similarities? :lol:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/fight-club/please-before-sage-sees-t26557.html#p230224

http://www.dubaiforums.com/dubai-chat/going-breakdown-t45699.html
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Time to 'unban' BM... Aug 01, 2012
European wrote:Is that supposed to be some earth shattering news?

No BM. I asked a simple question. why you getting so defensive about it?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Time To 'unban' BM... Aug 02, 2012
As for me I would say let BM return as herself
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sage you have always been in the BM cheer leading squad, if you would have permanently banned this vile vermin when she first started showing her true colours instead of slap on wrist endless week long bans even when a lot of moderaters in the of the time had voted to permanently ban her. DF wouldn't be in this mess today!
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Sage you have always been in the BM cheer leading squad, if you would have permanently banned this vile vermin when she first started showing her true colours instead of slap on wrist endless week long bans even when a lot of moderaters in the of the time had voted to permanently ban her. DF wouldn't be in this mess today!

Congratulations! Your comment is as coherent as the following poster:

"Too many people money they haven't to buy thing don't to impress people don."
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

desertdudeshj ,

You are simply a fool if you think that BM is the cause of all DF's problems
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No onion, if you read properly I am holding you accountable.
desertdudeshj

The decision on any forum is at the admin(s) discretion, just accept the decision, whats the point in making a fuss about it?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

melika969 wrote:haha maybe what Ambassador means is that Andyba should unban all the ex forumers who were banned before.

For example Concord. Who agrees that Ambassador is Concord?
Look at first posts in these two threads, any similarities?

I hope you realize that you have just supported what Ambassador has been saying all along and that is that it is pointless banning usernames :)

Chocs
Chocs, Chocs.......it takes all kinds to make planet earth go round! So, live and let live Chocs.
How much more culling do you want to do on DF? Next you'd want to ban people that you dont like from Dubai!
Where will it all end? :D
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat