DF Meet Up :D

Topic locked
DF meet up :D Jul 27, 2011
ok, this imaginary idea came to my mind when I was reading some posts, where it is no longer a secret people are attacking each other rather than having a discussion with a point of view....

I just thought, what could it be look like if DF members once meet in reality! how it will look like! imagine if it is in the desert! boat lol !

NOTE: I am not calling for a meeting (hell no) but I want to know how do you imagine such a meeting could be like!
please please don't use names, it is more than enough to give hints and I believe we all will know what you mean ...
PS: to someone, I am sorry if there is english mistakes... :mrgreen:

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: DF meet up :D Jul 27, 2011
Actually, back in the day DFers used to meet up quite regularly. That's how so many of us know each other in real life :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Unfortunately the Ultimate Fighting League event is fully booked for competitors this year!

:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Chocoholic wrote:Actually, back in the day DFers used to meet up quite regularly. That's how so many of us know each other in real life :D

We still do meet up quite regularly! :wink:
Bethsmum

Dubai Knight wrote:Unfortunately the Ultimate Fighting League event is fully booked for competitors this year!

Knight

LOL ! I guess that sums it up.
desertdudeshj

Re: DF meet up :D Jul 28, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Actually, back in the day DFers used to meet up quite regularly. That's how so many of us know each other in real life :D

We still do meet up quite regularly! :wink:

Yes we do! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: DF Meet Up :D Jul 28, 2011
I can vouch for that!!! Just had a meet up tonite and will do so again next week, and then in a few weeks will have a meet up with someone else. Would probably have a meet up with some others if only they were in Dubai!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Unfortunately the Ultimate Fighting League event is fully booked for competitors this year!

Knight

LOL ! I guess that sums it up.

Don't feel left out muchkin! You are here by officially invited by Aunty BM :D I can't wait to give you a right big hug :D
Bethsmum

Having the triad hang out exactly isn't a "DF" meet up. :D
I've read some previous post and there used to be some proper hangouts back in the day. With most active members showing up.

Nowadays...sheesh, imagine the fireworks ! Hope there are enough fire suits in dubai to accomodate that !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Having the triad hang out exactly isn't a "DF" meet up. :D
I've read some previous post and there used to be some proper hangouts back in the day. With most active members showing up.

Nowadays...sheesh, imagine the fireworks ! Hope there are enough fire suits in dubai to accomodate that !

The triad? Look around you! How many regular posters are there? LOL You'd be surprised what goes on behind the scenes munchkin :bounce: You'd have to go to Mauritius for your party LOL Taxi for Two?
Bethsmum

wow, can't imagine how people sound so friendly in this thread :D glad to see that....
a big smile :) to all of you :)
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:wow, can't imagine how people sound so friendly in this thread :D glad to see that....

We're a happy bunch Mahmoud! (when we stay away from religion :twisted: ) (and Chocs! OOOOps!)
Bethsmum

"We" i.e some of us have had a meeting BTW. And charmed! :D

Let the meet-up that Mahmoud is suggesting be on a BOAT! How romantic. And let there be a nice heavy old fashioned wooden oar in my hands for rowing the boat etc. And watch your heads during my clumsier moments :lol:
And dont forget your Life Jackets! 8)
zonker
BANNED

Bethsmum wrote:
Mahmoud04 wrote:wow, can't imagine how people sound so friendly in this thread :D glad to see that....

We're a happy bunch Mahmoud! (when we stay away from religion :twisted: ) (and Chocs! OOOOps!)

No names BM :mrgreen: , Chocs is nice.

I rested my case on that, may be from time to time will write an opinion, but day after day oh no, I would rather watch.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Bad idea :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

@Mahmoud.
I've heard some people like chameleons, I could never see the attraction myself. :D

-- Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:39 am --

Ambassador wrote:Bad idea :P

I wouldn't recognise you Ambassador.
Bethsmum

Yes, a true DF meet up is where a date, time and place is posted and it's an open event to ALL. That's the way we used to do it and people would confirm their attendance via PM.

We've done bowling, ice-skating, shisha, dinners parties - quite a lot of different things actually.

I wouldn't be so low as as to say I wouldn't want to meet someone in real life - because I don't think how people represent themselves here is always a true representation. That's just ridiculous and quite frankly childish. But then I don't think BM would have the guts to meet face to face half the people she's insulted and threatened on here. She'd probably bring along her EX-copper just in case - yeah whatever.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Yes, a true DF meet up is where a date, time and place is posted and it's an open event to ALL. That's the way we used to do it and people would confirm their attendance via PM.

We've done bowling, ice-skating, shisha, dinners parties - quite a lot of different things actually.

I wouldn't be so low as as to say I wouldn't want to meet someone in real life - because I don't think how people represent themselves here is always a true representation. That's just ridiculous and quite frankly childish. But then I don't think BM would have the guts to meet face to face half the people she's insulted and threatened on here. She'd probably bring along her EX-copper just in case - yeah whatever.

Morning Chocs! :D
The good old days eh? sigh.

I've made a suprising number of friends on DF despite my insults and threats LOL. I save those for my very favourite people :D
Bethsmum

:roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote::roll:

Don't be sad Chocs! A party for one can be a lot of fun!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I've made a suprising number of friends on DF despite my insults and threats LOL. I save those for my very favourite people :D

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I've made a suprising number of friends on DF despite my insults and threats LOL. I save those for my very favourite people :D

Yeah kinda tragic isn't it.

It's a nice idea Mahmoud, but I don't think there are currently enough active members.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mahmoud04 wrote:

I'm agreeing with her Mahmoud!
Bethsmum

BM and I exchanged quite a few insults. At one time I was the subject of her psychology write up as she found me to be an interesting subject. :lol: I bet she received an A+ on her thesis. :lol: We did make a very good effort to see who could out insult the other (hidden beneath humor of course), but then we realized we so alike!!! :lol: Since then, we haven't exchanged insults, which I kinda miss. :bom:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Don't lemme stop ya ! :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Don't lemme stop ya ! :D

Is this admission of how much you enjoyed it!?!?! :lol: I think we were very entertaining. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:

Is this admission of how much you enjoyed it!?!?! :lol: I think we were very entertaining. :lol:

Yes, I do miss being called Bowel Movement, Britney :D

Happy days! I do miss Chocs PM's aswell! The ones where she told me how well I was doing LOL
Bethsmum

I WANT TO LEAVE DAS ISLAND, and TRAVEL TO TURKEY AS SOOOON AS POSSIBLE :shock:
I would like to meet other DF members in real life, not a bad idea at all :)
symmetric
BANNED

Well it's possible if enough people want to do it. The only thing we had to be wary of the last times was to have somewhere neutral, bearing in mind that not all people drink or like smokey places, hence the bowling and ice-skating.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Good gawd girl.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat