What Do You Think The Future Holds?

Topic locked
What do You Think the Future Holds? Jun 08, 2011
Sometimes I imagine Planet Earth in the year 2225, say, or there-abouts.
The world has changed. Several countries have disappeared from the face of the earth; and some new ones have come to play their part on the stage.
The Soviet Union was only the first one to implode under the weight of its Weapons of Mass Destruction.
With the discoveries of Quantum Physics, and the understanding that the "reality" that we perceive all around us is but an illusion, a sort of religion, a world religion, has taken hold. People pray to a deity, but the awe and uncertainty is even greater.
If this world is a Hologram, a simulation, then who is playing the game?
Is God a nerdy teenager??
And where does the chain of command end?
Science appears to be throwing up more mysteries than any worthwhile answers.
Other changes have taken place on a social level. For example kissing has gone out of vogue, what with all the AIDS and Infections scare and someone doing research on the 21st Century might be wondering at the crass stupidity of the Human race. I mean can you imagine anything more foolish than people indulging in such a practice, and the dangers that it would expose them to??
What is your take on the future?
Do you think there is hope for the Human race? :roll:

zonker
BANNED

Re: What do You Think the Future Holds? Jun 08, 2011
Well Isaac Newton says the world is going to end in 2060 - so we won't need to worry about it :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: What do You Think the Future Holds? Jun 08, 2011
zonker wrote:Sometimes I imagine Planet Earth in the year 2225, say, or there-abouts.
The world has changed. Several countries have disappeared from the face of the earth; and some new ones have come to play their part on the stage.
The Soviet Union was only the first one to implode under the weight of its Weapons of Mass Destruction.
With the discoveries of Quantum Physics, and the understanding that the "reality" that we perceive all around us is but an illusion, a sort of religion, a world religion, has taken hold. People pray to a deity, but the awe and uncertainty is even greater.
If this world is a Hologram, a simulation, then who is playing the game?
Is God a nerdy teenager??
And where does the chain of command end?
Science appears to be throwing up more mysteries than any worthwhile answers.
Other changes have taken place on a social level. For example kissing has gone out of vogue, what with all the AIDS and Infections scare and someone doing research on the 21st Century might be wondering at the crass stupidity of the Human race. I mean can you imagine anything more foolish than people indulging in such a practice, and the dangers that it would expose them to??
What is your take on the future?
Do you think there is hope for the Human race? :roll:

What?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: What Do You Think The Future Holds? Jun 09, 2011
Kanelli, did you mean to say: What???????!!!!!
or just

What?
:D :D
zonker
BANNED

Re: What do You Think the Future Holds? Jun 09, 2011
Zonker, I don't think about the future much, to be honest. I just care what's happening this month. :wink:

I never think about what I'm going to leave my kids either. I fully intend to spend all I have and enjoy myself until I die. If I go before I intend to, they may get what's left.

I don't care whether they bury or burn me, as long as I'm dead.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What Do You Think The Future Holds? Jun 10, 2011
BM, I agree with you. In fact, I think like you. For me the "present" is the most important. If I am having fun and enjoying myself, then I feel that I am on the right track. My "Philosophy of Life" , and something that has stood the test of time, has been Live and Let Live. I just do not understand religion. I have tried so hard to become a believer, but somehow those ancient texts and stories do not do anything for me. I just do not feel pious enough. Neither can I summon the imagination to picture myself in Heaven because of my beliefs, where others burn in Hell fire because of theirs.
Some scientists are now telling us that there may be a power controlling it all. But that power does not appear to be the benevolent being that the religious books would have us believe. The picture that I have of this Being, if such really exists, is sinister and more devilish than godlike. That would explain all the human suffering and bloodshed.
Thanks for your post BM. :D
zonker
BANNED

Re: What do You Think the Future Holds? Jun 11, 2011
Zonker, you are obviously a deep thinker. I'm only worried where my next glass of Chardonnay is coming from :D
Bethsmum

Re: What Do You Think The Future Holds? Jun 11, 2011
as long as the near future holds a brand new 2012 jeep srt8 for me, am cool with that
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote:as long as the near future holds a brand new 2012 jeep srt8 for me, am cool with that

Excellent general. I wish you luck in the future!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
general_A wrote:as long as the near future holds a brand new 2012 jeep srt8 for me, am cool with that

Excellent general. I wish you luck in the future!

will need some cash to go with luck
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What do You Think the Future Holds? Jun 11, 2011
Hoping that someone will invent and perfect the teleporter before too long.

Fed up with having to cram into little aluminium tubes and fly everywhere really slowly.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat