YOU MUSLIMS

Topic locked
YOU MUSLIMS Nov 06, 2008
SB= My Subconscious
WML=A Western Mid-age Lady
4WTC= A 4-wheel Tinted Car

Driving in the road facing Emirates Palace. Speeding. vvvvvvvvv
Metallica: Drop the hourglass of time
SB: Don't be late submitting your quotation this time. You could lose your chance again. Vvvvvv
Me (looking at the emirates palace VIP gate): That's nice…. Hurry, you need to get that document today
Metallica: Spilling sand we will not find
4WTC flashing the right signal…
ME: Watch it, this 4WTC is taking over your lane
ME: Not with my speed
Metallica: As we gather here today. We bid farewell..
ME: Hurry
ME (Approaching a roundabout): Calm down
4WTC: teeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
ME (looking at the windshield mirror): WHAT!!
Metallica: The slave becomes the master. The slave becomes the master.
ME (looking at the windshield mirror): …
ME: Getting close, u gonna make it
ME (looking at the windshield mirror): Is that car following me?
Metallica: The slave becomes the master. Need more and more
ME (right signal, taking over the right lane, looking at the mirror): Why is that car following me?
ME: You need to wash your car
ME: God I hate construction sites
Traffic red signal… 4WTC behind me.
Metallica: Right now and ever after. Need more and more
ME (flashing the 4 signals. Getting out of my car): Do I need to apologize?
Heading towards the 4WTC…
Driver's window getting down…
ME: Hi. Did I scratch your c…
WML (shouting): %^^^%$%%^%$^% You almost smashed into my car %%%&#@#@#@%^^^ I have children …
ME: I'm sor..
WML (shouting): $$^$&^&^^*###$#@ totally irresponsible $^$&^&^^*###There are children in that car@#@#@%^^ I hate driving in this country…
ME: uh. I didn't… notice…
WML (shouting): $$^$&^&^^*###$^^$%# Yes you did. Everybody notices… What's wrong with YOU MUSLIMS….
ME: Ma'am it has nothing to do with Muslims
WML (shouting): Yes it is &&$#@#@@%%#^^Yes IT IS. You should've #@#@@%%#^^
SB: You're LATE
SB: Why did she mention Muslims? How could she know I'm Muslim?
WML: $$^$&^&^^*###$^^$%#
ME: Ma'am …
Leaving back to my car. Not saying a word
Metallica: Say goodbye. Cause you've reached the end of the line
Metallica: The end of the line

She was taking over my lane. I didn't let her.I didn't touch her car. She freaked out: My mistake. But again, why did she relate that to me being a Muslim? Why can the racist freely express their racism? I wanna sue the B1tch

bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 06, 2008
PMT?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 06, 2008
Bedro, maybe she was just having a bad day.

However, maybe I can shed some light on her attitude. Sadly many 'people' here are well known to drive with an 'Inshallah' attitude, i.e. not caring about other road users because they believe that if they have an accident, kill someone etc etc it's God's will. Now I know this for a fact, as my father once asked one of his local work mates, why so many people drive like idiots here, and his reply was exactly that 'It's Inshallah'.

Just a different perspective.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: YOU MUSLIMS Nov 06, 2008
bedro wrote:SB= My Subconscious
WML=A Western Mid-age Lady
4WTC= A 4-wheel Tinted Car

Driving in the road facing Emirates Palace. Speeding. vvvvvvvvv
Metallica: Drop the hourglass of time
SB: Don't be late submitting your quotation this time. You could lose your chance again. Vvvvvv
Me (looking at the emirates palace VIP gate): That's nice…. Hurry, you need to get that document today
Metallica: Spilling sand we will not find
4WTC flashing the right signal…
ME (looking at the windshield mirror): Is that car following me?
ME (right signal, taking over the right lane, looking at the mirror): Why is that car following me?
ME: You need to wash your car
ME: God I hate construction sites
Traffic red signal… 4WTC behind me.
Metallica: Right now and ever after. Need more and more
ME (flashing the 4 signals. Getting out of my car): Do I need to apologize?
Heading towards the 4WTC…
Driver's window getting down…
ME: Hi. Did I scratch your c…
WML (shouting): %^^^%$%%^%$^% You almost smashed into my car %%%&#@#@#@%^^^ I have children …
ME: I'm sor..
WML (shouting): $$^$&^&^^*###$#@ totally irresponsible $^$&^&^^*###There are children in that car@#@#@%^^ I hate driving in this country…
ME: uh. I didn't… notice…
WML (shouting): $$^$&^&^^*###$^^$%# Yes you did. Everybody notices… What's wrong with YOU MUSLIMS….
ME: Ma'am it has nothing to do with Muslims
WML (shouting): Yes it is &&$#@#@@%%#^^Yes IT IS. You should've #@#@@%%#^^
SB: You're LATE
SB: Why did she mention Muslims? How could she know I'm Muslim?
ME: Ma'am …
Leaving back to my car. Not saying a word
Metallica: Say goodbye. Cause you've reached the end of the line
Metallica: The end of the line

She was taking over my lane. I didn't let her.I didn't touch her car. She freaked out: My mistake. But again, why did she relate that to me being a Muslim? Why can the racist freely express their racism? I wanna sue the B1tch

I was going to highlight specific lines from your post but in all honesty it all makes me shake my head.

My interpretation of your post is that you were speeding along a busy road daydreaming about construction sites, presentations and VIP entrances.
You saw a car trying to change lane and decided "no, not in front of me" so you sped up to block off the car.
It's the innatention and arrogance of drivers that causes so many accidents.
Some people seem to think that the roads were put there specifically for them to use. :angryfire:
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2008
Sadly this happens all the time, I find that's why the majority of people don't indicate, because if you indicate you're moving into a space the bugger behind speeds up and closes the gap - I hate those people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 06, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Sadly this happens all the time, I find that's why the majority of people don't indicate, because if you indicate you're moving into a space the bugger behind speeds up and closes the gap - I hate those people.

and then the person who sped up to block off the lane has the cheek to get out of their car and approach the other person.... just shows what an insular little world they are living in :roll:
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: YOU MUSLIMS Nov 06, 2008
CVB wrote:
I was going to highlight specific lines from your post but in all honesty it all makes me shake my head.

My interpretation of your post is that you were speeding along a busy road daydreaming about construction sites, presentations and VIP entrances.
You saw a car trying to change lane and decided "no, not in front of me" so you sped up to block off the car.
It's the innatention and arrogance of drivers that causes so many accidents.
Some people seem to think that the roads were put there specifically for them to use. :angryfire:

No the road wasn't busy, and I wasn't day dreaming. I was speeding and there was NO WAY I could have lower my speed and let her go. She didn't properly estimate the distance between my car and hers and decided to take over my lane. And I would have definitely let her if I could. But I had to maneuver to avoid her and avoid crashing my car...

She had no right to talk to me the way she did. Especially that I voluntarily got out of my car and kept apologizing to her.

She had no right to call me names or insult Muslims on my behalf.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 06, 2008
What do you mean no way you could lower your speed? er you simply take your foot off the accelerator and let the other person go. Not brain surgery is it?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 06, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:What do you mean no way you could lower your speed? er you simply take your foot off the accelerator and let the other person go. Not brain surgery is it?

There is also a little known driving aid in most vehicles called a brake. It's used as often as the indicator.

really, there was never any intention to let this car get in front was there ?
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2008
:lol:

not being mean by laughing..

next time try it with NIRVANA...

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Bedro, maybe she was just having a bad day.

However, maybe I can shed some light on her attitude. Sadly many 'people' here are well known to drive with an 'Inshallah' attitude, i.e. not caring about other road users because they believe that if they have an accident, kill someone etc etc it's God's will. Now I know this for a fact, as my father once asked one of his local work mates, why so many people drive like idiots here, and his reply was exactly that 'It's Inshallah'.

Just a different perspective.

I really hate it when people try to defend racism. There is no need for a different perspective as her comment was completely out of line, not to mention she had fricken kids in her car. Oh yeah perfect fricken role model.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 06, 2008
MC wrote:
I really hate it when people try to defend racism. There is no need for a different perspective as her comment was completely out of line, not to mention she had fricken kids in her car. Oh yeah perfect fricken role model.

or...to look at things from another perspective.

here's a lady in a foreign country driving along the road with her children when some ignorant roadhog decides to play chicken with her and her childrens lives by ensuring that she cannot change lane.
Not only that, this stranger then gets out of his car and approaches her vehicle.

I'd take the exact exchange of words between the two parties involved with a pinch of salt to be honest.
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2008
CVB wrote:
MC wrote:

or...to look at things from another perspective.

here's a lady in a foreign country driving along the road with her children when some ignorant roadhog decides to play chicken with her and her childrens lives by ensuring that she cannot change lane.
Not only that, this stranger then gets out of his car and approaches her vehicle.

I'd take the exact exchange of words between the two parties involved with a pinch of salt to be honest.

Calling me names wouldn't help me visualize whether that incident was an exception or it would have happened with any other person having the same criteria.

She was literally following me after the incident. And she was behind me on the traffic light. That's why I stepped out of my car and "approached" her, with no intention to b1tch her or any thing. And I was freaked out by the way she spoke to me.

I don't wanna defend myself cuz it doesn't look that being objective and neutral is the norm here. But anyways, I'll say it again: She was too close to my car and it was impossible for me to let her.

Why would I post the story here if I had a doubt that I'm a moron and I deserve what she said? Did you consider the possibility that I'm saying the truth?

Why are you assuming with all that confidence that it's my mistake and I'm a typical a$$hole driver? And why are you neglecting her racist comment?

Lesson learned: intercultural respect is too much to ask!
I will no longer respond on this topic...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 06, 2008
During trouble real person shows up.........

I bet my ass she was a Brit...... They hate muslims in their country and that's why many have come here so they cant be in trouble cos Rascism is legal here. Mind you many younger generation brits with good upbringing are cool but most Brits who have lived here long enough act like colonalists
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 06, 2008
What what what? Well I say old chap that's a bit tough isn't it.

No but Bedro, yes she shouldn't have said those things - however of course you could have let her in, you slow down and make space - simple. You've had ample opportunity to explain WHY you COULDN'T, but as far as I can see there is no valid reason. Of course you can.

But from her, shouting and getting offensive gets no-one anywhere.

DS, tar, brush, feathers per chance?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 06, 2008
you muslims....
funkygibbon
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 06, 2008
Hahaha controversial.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 06, 2008
It's gettin' hot in here...
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:

gibberish, topsy turvy, hag, wtf?
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 07, 2008
desert surfer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

You really have a chip, don't you DS. Suggest you remove it with a chill pill and stop making inflamatory statements such as 'The Brits hating the muslims'.

Being Brit, I can tell you we are the most ecumenically tolerant country in the world. Thats why there are churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and every other denominatory house of worship sitting on the same street. Show me that in Saudi. Or Dubai?

Our open political system, freedom of speech, freedom of thought and respect for the rights of the individual are what allows someone, anyone, to say what they think and feel without fear of retribution. As Jean Paul Sartre once said: "Monsieur, I may not agree with what you say, but I shall fight to the death to protect your freedom to say it."

If you worship your God in peace and with respect for other citizens, then we will respect it. But if you start trying to stir up hatred or spread inflamatory, innacurate and extremist propaganda...we will shoot you down in flames. Muslim, christian, bhuddist or zoroastrian: Makes no difference, just don't try and ram your own personal narrow minded thoughts down anyone elses throat.

Be good. Be fair. Be nice.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 07, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:You really have a chip, don't you DS. Suggest you remove it with a chill pill and stop making inflamatory statements such as 'The Brits hating the muslims'.

Being Brit, I can tell you we are the most ecumenically tolerant country in the world. Thats why there are churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and every other denominatory house of worship sitting on the same street. Show me that in Saudi. Or Dubai?

Our open political system, freedom of speech, freedom of thought and respect for the rights of the individual are what allows someone, anyone, to say what they think and feel without fear of retribution. As Jean Paul Sartre once said: "Monsieur, I may not agree with what you say, but I shall fight to the death to protect your freedom to say it."

If you worship your God in peace and with respect for other citizens, then we will respect it. But if you start trying to stir up hatred or spread inflamatory, innacurate and extremist propaganda...we will shoot you down in flames. Muslim, christian, bhuddist or zoroastrian: Makes no difference, just don't try and ram your own personal narrow minded thoughts down anyone elses throat.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

I would have to reply on DK:

I have Brit business partners, one of them is Muslim who told me: "We have more religious freedom in the UK that all the Arab countries combined!". I trust him and believe that what he said is true.

But some people here think and behave differently from their fellows back home and hence the intercultural indifference. And it's sad that this is the outcome of an immature and biased system that treats every one according to many aspects other than their competitiveness and qualifications.

We use the unfairness we're facing to put every one in a box and disregarding the fact that individual differences are much more than national similarities.

Thank you DK for being fair...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 10, 2008
I'm also from the UK and it was not an issue but my view is biased because I was from an area (east london) where there was plenty of muslims. There are plenty of schools there which do not let muslim girls wear hijaab which to me is B.S but what can you do its their country, their laws.

As for this thread, bro if someone said that to me I would egg the b1tch and drive off lol.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 11, 2008
Waqsy wrote:I'm also from the UK and it was not an issue but my view is biased because I was from an area (east london) where there was plenty of muslims. There are plenty of schools there which do not let muslim girls wear hijaab which to me is B.S but what can you do its their country, their laws.

As for this thread, bro if someone said that to me I would egg the b1tch and drive off lol.

The hijabb issue is one that is all across Europe, its an attempt not to have Muslims 'identified' and therefore picked on. Its the same for Sikhs and Jews.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 11, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
desert surfer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

You really have a chip, don't you DS. Suggest you remove it with a chill pill and stop making inflamatory statements such as 'The Brits hating the muslims'.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

i know there are chruches in dubai just googled it and http://www.google.ae/search?hl=en&q=chu ... ubai&meta= figured that there are roughly 6 to 7 churches in dubai alone. and according to this website http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35510.htm there are 2 sikh temples one more in the way and one hindu temple. I guess you can say Muslims are tolerant as well.

I would be suprised to find a mosque or a temple in the vatican city and i guess thats the same for saudi.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums