Wife Beating In Islam

Topic locked
Oct 07, 2008
AND THE POINT IS..............???????????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

ACCEPT IT THAT YOU JUST LIKE TO POINT FINGERS KNOWING THAT WESTERN CULTURE IS NO BETTER.......AND WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO KNOW UR AND CHOCS PROBLEM WITH ARABS....????????? THANK YOU

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 09, 2008
"Even if a community upholds the idea that a man is divinely appointed head of the household, the man should be expected to use his power in a humane and fair way. He should never feel entitled to physically harm his wife or children - in fact he should feel deeply shamed"
- I think you have made a very valid point here. Its not about western sensibilities vs. islamic/arab culture and its a shame when muslims or arabs get defensive rather than looking into their own back yards. At the same time - it is not necessarily up to developed nations (or people from them) to dictate societal norms and/or look down upon other cultures/religions.

I appreciate that others who are not muslims nor understand whats going on in these cultures take the same approach of qualifying their stance with statements such as 'even if a community upholds the idea ...' - otherwise a lot of the comments come out (whether they were meant to or not) as being aggressive and insensitive against islam/muslims/arabs and a bit of a talk down if you ask me. Given the current global climate and politically charged atmosphere (call it clash of civilisations or not) - we all need to be a bit more sensitive in the way we communicate our viewpoints-regardless of our disagreements.
farhandxb
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2008
Is isn't about "Arabs" or "Muslims" or "Western standards" necessarily. What is wrong with people trying to push for change in a situation that isn't fair? I doubt you'd find any women happy with the way they receive "justice" in a society that supports the men only. Every human being deserves to be protected from violence - equally. If I seem to have a superior attitude because of this opinion, then I am fine with that. Societies progress at different rates - the most important thing is that they arrive at a just and humane destination in the end.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 12, 2008
Well, just read on ExpatWoman that City of Hope will be closing down this month. I am so sad to hear this news. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/message ... icID=42890 Hopefully a new solution is found and there will be a shelter once again.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 12, 2008
I don't have a problem with anyone. Like I said this thread was dead and buried along time ago and FireFingers and I worked out our differences. I have said all I needed to say on the subject.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 07, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:er wrong! I'm anti ANY religion! And by the way you ignorant fool, I've lived in Muslim countries for a third of my life, so I know exactly how things work thank you very much.

And why should I keep my opinions to myself? You get to say what you want why can't I?

Oh and women are sfer here? Hmmmm yes that's why when a friend of mine was out in the desert with his girlfriend and their car broke down, a car with a bunch of locals came by and said they'd only help if they could all sleep with his girl. That's why one of my friends was recently attacked by a local in her own apartment! I have lots of examples, so no I don't think we are safer! You could go out wearing a bin liner and some sick minded guys would still try it on.

Anyway this thread was dead and buried. Get over it.

hehh how did they know they were locals? did they have the word LOCAL written on their forehead :P

sorry but how do we know these scenarios did really happen? sorry but if it was am sure it would have popped up in the news. especially with your friend being attacked in her own house :S.

y would u want to go out wearing a bin liner in a muslim country? when the laws of the country clearly mention "please wear sensible clothing".

I guess they would only do this to protect western women out here from sick guys out in dubai :) am not saying you wear the black pingoo costume. just wear your jeans shirt am sure you wont be pulled in the middle of the road.

But then again women like to do the make up wear the short skirts and happily get into fancy cars.

there are good ppl and bad ppl in uae but its the same for the world.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 22, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Don't lay the blame on Islam, it's not the only religion that is inherently mysoginistic.

Christianity has a fairly poor view of women too. I mean, remember that it's Eve's fault we're not all kicking back, butt naked in the Garden of Eden right now (anyone for frisbee?).

And trust me, England has it's share of wife-beaters too. I think these guys should be named and shamed. I mean how cowardly can you be?!

the european union council for statistics in 1997 published that British mowen was most battered women in entire Europe..
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums