Talk About Double Standards

Topic locked
Talk about Double Standards Mar 27, 2007
:roll: The UAE should allow all foreign investors to to apply for IPO'S and allow all foreign investors to be able to buy any share listed on the DFM and ADSM. How can they ask India to openn up its market when it doesn't open up its own market? :roll: Nearly all new IPO'S that have listed here in Dubai (recently that is) have gone no where but South after listing. Speaking of opening up Markets, they need to list all trading transactions by any insiders as well. We still never know who is selling or buying from the company as nothing on the DFM website shows. Even Yahoo lists everything from Nasdaq and the DOW.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... iness&col=

From the paper here is the quote:
NEW DELHI — The high-level UAE delegation accompanying His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, called for relaxation of India's rules and regulations on foreign investment, especially in stock markets, as well as in the field of IT, telecom, and infrastructure development.

What should have been said:
We have opened up all foreign ownership rules for stock ownership and IPO share applicants to Indians and Foreigners here in the UAE. All foreigners and Indians alike can buy any share they wish and register for any IPO they wish, In return we would like to ask the Indian government to allow equal rights to UAE Nationals in India as we do to Indians in the UAE. :D

Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 27, 2007
good note
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2007
Let's not forget about the regulated market for Telecom that the government gas control over in the UAE where they overcharge users for useage and service @ 3 to 4 times the amount of what other countries charge for ADSL useage,cell calls and international calls. Last but not least is the monopoly of Etisalat to Block Skype,MSN and other VOIP calls. As far as Infrasstucture, most properties are leasehold and freehold in the UAE (not to mention that most properties and buildings can only Be bought by UAE Nationals only). So much for asking India to open up its Telecom and infrastructure section while the other refuses to do so. In Islam it is Haram to not allow competition and overcharge people yet this is what is being done in the UAE. Didn't they recently Ban fish trading to be limited or allowed only for UAE Nationals so they can overcharge?
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2007
U BETTER LIVE IN INIDA
MrClean
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 29, 2007
I prefer Dubai over India as a place to live but their laws have a long ways to go and are not getting any better. This latest law is another problem as it is available only to loca Emirati Nationals which is another discrimination Law:
http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Economy/10114389.html
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2007
^^looks like thats too bad sky
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2007
^^i guess thats just too bad styline
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2007
Bleakus wrote:^^i guess thats just too bad styline

Yeah, you are right. Unfortunately it is a bit on the sad side. This is one of the reasons the Stock Market has been been lagging in its recovery. The more people you have the more money you have and by keeping the people out of the market you are keeping the money out of the market.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2007
Dear Stylinexpat
If I'm not wrong, In India it's only FIIs are allowed to invest in Indian stock market, not foreign Individuals Investors, and it's only from the Year 2000 onwards.
Listed Securitites and Market Cap is very high in India Stock Market.
I think u lost toooo much there and want to make money easily here. he he he
:D
MrClean
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 29, 2007
MrClean wrote:Dear Stylinexpat
If I'm not wrong, In India it's only FIIs are allowed to invest in Indian stock market, not foreign Individuals Investors, and it's only from the Year 2000 onwards.
Listed Securitites and Market Cap is very high in India Stock Market.
I think u lost toooo much there and want to make money easily here. he he he
:D

I don't know too much about the rules in India but am only hoping for the better rather then worse news for Dubai and its expatriates. Let's face it, who do they expect to live in all those apartment buildings being built at $300K USD Plus.? Those expats need to be able to make money locally rather then bring money from abroad to spend in Dubai or Dubai is going to be an expensive place that people will only visit once without a return trip. That was what killed tourism in Hawaii in the past. Hopefully one day they will wake up and do what's best for the people spending because when people spend the economy goes up. I have learned this and seen this here in Asia. This is especially true in places like Hong-Kong and Tokyo along with Taiwan. If life is too expensive for them then they have no money to spend which kills businesses that are paying high rents and are struggling to pay rent for their business and their home leaving them with no money left to spend. Hoping for the best..
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2007
hope everything will end in good
MrClean
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums