Some More Questions For The Muslims

Topic locked
Some more questions for the Muslims May 03, 2005
Ok..I have came across some rather interesting articles.
I am seeking God..so I will hear both sides of the story.
So here goes...and please elaborate on what you think..or else all my research will be meaningless. Be truthful..and God guide your heart.

Articles and statements:

1)The Muslims have never worshipped the God of the Jews and Christians, and any claim otherwise is simply out of ignorance.

Contrary to popular belief, the Arabic word Allah does NOT mean "God," it is the name of an old pagan moon God that was adopted by the Muslims to be the one, true NAME of God. In other words, it was the name of a specific god that much later, due to the monotheistic claims of Islam, was adopted as the ONLY name of God. Muslims will TELL you it just means "god," but this is from a logic twist that insists, "since there is no God but Allah, if a God exists, His name is Allah. So Allah means 'God.'"

The irony is that the famous Muslim proclamation itself uses a DIFFERENT word for "god": "There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is His prophet." That Arabic phrase does NOT say, "There is no allah but Allah...."

This is all pretty basic. Claims to the contrary are either from ignorance or intentional deception. Having read Lon's posts, I don't see any real signs of intentional deception, so . . . .

--------Ok..so the question is..does the word "Allah" means God..or was it truly an ancient name belonging to some other gods?-----------------------

abs
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2005
Honest and open response:

The god of the Jews and the Christians is God the Only God and is so for all Muslims.

The shahada (proclamation of faith) that was in the quote in arabic is (only the first section will be explaned):

Ash-hadu la illaha illa Allah...

Direct english translation:

I proclaim that there are no other gods but God Himself...

Also take note that Arab Christians and Arab Jews (and yes they do exist :) ) refer to God when they speak in arabic as Allah. Direct translation of the word. Thats all.

The moon god of the pre-Islamic period was the Syrian god named Hubal. He was the leader of all the gods.

Do you like books? Read this: http://www.enotalone.com/books/1400062136.html

Also please try and watch the move The Message.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2005
This pagan moon god which some Christians claim is the origin of the name "Allah" is in fact a goddess called "al-Laat". There were also other goddesses.

But this isn't the source of the name. "Allah" is a combination of "Al" for "The" and "Ilah" for "god" (note, it's god with a small g signifying no god in particular).

The word "Ilah" or "Elah" in Arabic for a god is similar to the Hebrew "Eloh" for god as well (plural.. Elohim), and this was used in the Torah. Arabic and Hebrew are both Semitic languages, and so was Aramaic (the language of Jesus), so this proves that the name doesn't have some alternative meaning. Jesus also said "Eli, Eli" for "My Lord" or "My God". "Eli" is the same as "Elahi" which is the Arabic for "My God".

As Liban stated, Arab Jews and Christians also call their god, "Allah".

I've read this article you quoted ages ago. It's completely baseless and should not be taken as a source for information on the Islamic concept of God or Arabic language.
Bazooka
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums