Koran: Positive Or Negative Talk Of Non-believers

Topic locked
Re: Koran: Positive Or Negative Talk Of Non-believers Sep 07, 2010
So, that's a 'no' I can't actually address Kung's findings directly, but will quote someone else'.

BTW - who is this Craig fellow, and why should we believe him over Kung, and (more to the point) has he actually studied the Quran or is he relying on quotes from loon bloggers?

As I stated above, many times, Christian theologians who have studied the Quran and are well versed with the Bible have concluded that the God of the Quran and God of the Bible are the same. This punks your argument, wouldn't you agree? Perhaps that is why you haven't actually addressed this conclusion head on yet?

You've just repeated your argument why YOU think the Quran says God does not love everyone - and haven't addressed the point why Kung et al have reached a different conclusion from you. Perhaps it is because Kung et al have read and understood the Quran, rather than loon interpretations of selected quotes?

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Koran: Positive or negative talk of non-believers Sep 07, 2010
So that's a 'no' I can't actually quote more than one Christian scholar who actually believes the god of the Koran and the God of the Bible are the same.

As I stated above, many times, Christian theologians who have studied the Quran and are well versed with the Bible have concluded that the God of the Quran and God of the Bible are the same.

Who are these Christian theologians ? You've quoted *ONE* theologian who actually makes this claim.

One.

When caught up in one lie, the best thing to do is not to lie some mroe.

You've just repeated your argument why YOU think the Quran says God does not love everyone - and haven't addressed the point why Kung et al have reached a different conclusion from you.

Wow, how ironic.

You haven't addressed the point why five classical Muslims scholars have reached a different conclusion from you.

Really, you must work at being this dumb.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

When you get round to addressing the questions posed, let me know.

You keep going back to the selective quotes and your loon interpretations, but can't address the simple question posed: why is it that Christian theologians who have actually studied the Quran conclude that the God of the Bible is the same God of the Quran?

Just wishing these conclusions didn't exist won't make them go away!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Who are these scholars ?

You've only quoted one scholar, Hans Kung - and he certainly doesn't believe that Islam is on par with Christianity.

So, the better question is why Christian, Atheist, agnostic, Jewish scholars have all rejected Islam.
event horizon

I'm starting with Kung and waiting for you to address his conclusions and the fact he's actually studied the Quran vs Spencer who hasn't actually read the whole Quran but thinks he knows what Islam actually is about.

Why do you want me to quote other Christian theologians as well.. are you playing for time? I stated above that we can move on to other Christian scholars after we've dealt with Kung's conclusions.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Speaking of someone playing for time, I've asked you repeatedly for quotes from 'scholars' and you have only provided one scholar who actually holds the view that the god of Islam is the same god of the Bible.

Also, I refer you back to the previous post where New Testament scholar, William Lane Craig, explains that the god of the Koran cannot be the same God of the Bible.
event horizon

I refer you to my questions about Craig's knowledge of the Quran and his credentials in this regard and point out that Kung's conclusions are clear and are from a Theologian who has indeed studied the Quran.

I await your comments and trust you won't just try and find another quote to divert attention away from this simple fact.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You can watch Craig yourself to see if he can hold his own against a professional Muslim apologist:

point out that Kung's conclusions are clear and are from a Theologian who has indeed studied the Quran.

Should it be too obvious to point that for every Hans Kung (so far you've only quoted one), there are hundreds, if not thousands of Christian theologians who have seriously studied Islam and reached the conclusion that the god of Islam is vastly different from the God of Christianity ?

If you're such a Hans Kung fanboi, why not address Hans Kung's views that contradict your own regarding Islam rather than only highlighting the bits where you agree with him on ?

That would be the obvious choice. Unless, of course, you're not into a serious evaluation of your religion.
event horizon

Sorry, what was your argument against Kung's conclusion that God is the same?

I asked what Craig's credentials were in relation to his study of the Quran - and why we should believe his view rather than Kung's conclusion?

I never said I agree with all of Kung's views (he's a practising Catholic after all), so I guess this diversionary tactic can be brushed aside as well. However, he HAS studied the Quran and does know the Bible.

When you decide to address this point, let me know.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Koran: Positive or negative talk of non-believers Sep 08, 2010
Let me quote the argument again:

I believe that this moral difference between the God of the New Testament and the God of the Qur'an is just as important as differences over the Trinity, for it strikes at the very heart of Who God is.

A very simple argument - Koran god is morally different from New Testament God.

So, they must be different gods.

And we don't need WLC to have extensively studied the Koran (although he clearly has), no Muslim can dispute what he says about allah !
event horizon

Re: Koran: Positive Or Negative Talk Of Non-believers Sep 08, 2010
Have you any evidence that WLC has studied the Quran, or is this another one of your 'trust me, I'm a loon' moments?

As I said, I await your refutation of Kung's conclusion (who has indeed studied the Quran) and certainly knows his Bible. How do we know that WLC isn't getting his info from Spencer - perhaps the blind are leading the blind? Spencer certainly hasn't read the whole Quran.

I asked a few posts ago, why should we listen to Craig and not Kung?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums