What Is The Last Movie You Saw ??

Topic locked
Nov 07, 2009
I just saw Boewolf, A beautiful fantasy about warriors, well not a great movie, but I enjoyed it.

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 07, 2009
melika969 wrote:I just saw Boewolf, A beautiful fantasy about warriors, well not a great movie, but I enjoyed it.

I actually loved the movie. Jolie was Hot! And those war songs were so vulgar, I actually downloaded the whole script. :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2009
and I watched "public enemies" right now.

Now I love johnny depp even more than before...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 08, 2009
I've seen "Enemy of the State" today with Will Smith and Gene Hackman.

Heckman is realy good regardless his age. I have loved him from "Runaway Jury".
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 09, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I Love You Man

Light, fun filled caper. Had quite a few laugh out loud moments and throughout the length of the movie I had a smile on my face.

Quite funny, especially the scene of the first meeting in the open house. Bora would be delighted. It's her favourite topic :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 16, 2009
Watch "Love Happens" recently. Good storyline but bad storytelling...
alisonwhite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 16, 2009
I've just seen "The Understudy". Rather interesting movie about how difficalt or probably impossible for definitely talented actress works in the World of Stars.

I just remember another interesting movie "Tne Center of the World." Student, I think for some reason it would be interesting for you. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
Hey RC, thanks for the recommendation. Will try to check it out.

On the recommendation of another DF'er I watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona the other night. The nostalgia, the sync sounds,the spanish guitar and not to forget the charming rustic countryside of Barcelona, all made this movie as delightful as sweet red wine....one simply can't have enough!
Apart from the stunning cinematography the story itself was delightful. Xavier was every bit perfect for the role as wes teh stunning Penelope Cruz. The two American tourists played by Scarlett Johansson and Rebecca hall blended in well too. All in all a delightful movie!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2009
^^^yeah MCL, This movie kinda changed my life!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:On the recommendation of another DF'er I watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona the other night.

Who it might be? He he. My recomendation wasn't enough. :wink:

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 pm
I've just seen "Vickie, Christina, Barcelona" by Woody Allen. Rather interesting in terms of theme. The main one is ménage à trois. Realisation is rather schematic. So overall impression is mixed
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Who it might be? He he. My recomendation wasn't enough. :wink:

RC is jealous again! ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 17, 2009
Not realy. I think it was misunderstanding again because I look at my post and understand that my review on this movie was rather negative.

Anyway I just wonder how the movie changed your life. Are there three people in your family like in Swede one?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
It gave me courage to do things that I was afraid of before.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 17, 2009
melika969 wrote:It gave me courage to do things that I was afraid of before.

Is it the straightforward reply on my question about three people in your family? :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Is it the straightforward reply on my question about three people in your family? :wink:

no, it is straighforward to your question how did it change my life. ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 17, 2009
melika969 wrote:[
no, it is straighforward to your question how did it change my life. ;)

He-he, darling, It could be "straightforward" in Farsi, Dari or Arab languages, but we use English here and in English it sounds rather evasively I must say. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
As tempted as I am to sit out and watch ur conversation Melika and RC....it's a fascinating subject and Melika is being mysterious...RC say's evasive...:wink:

I just wanted to say RC I just watched the trailer of Center of The World.. and I see it's yet another movie based on relationships. It's evident to me that ur fascinated by the complexities of relationships so I just wanted to ask are you by any chance are you a psychologist or are you interested in the subject? Personally thanks to my financial and economic leanings I prefer sociology!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2009
Well I like being mysterious MCL, and I didnt get RC's point honestly!

hey there was another movie I watched recently, " The visitor", I pretty enjoyed it. I so could feel all the nostagy, does any of you guys watch that movie?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 17, 2009
Wow Melika you have taste. Just checked out the visitor trailer...looks like a real nice movie!

Going back to the chiefster...well when you say a movie essentially revolving around a menange a trois changes ur life, the Russian in him can't help but be excited and curious at the same time.... :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I just wanted to say RC I just watched the trailer of Center of The World.. and I see it's yet another movie based on relationships. It's evident to me that ur fascinated by the complexities of relationships so I just wanted to ask are you by any chance are you a psychologist or are you interested in the subject? Personally thanks to my financial and economic leanings I prefer sociology!

Not so easy, dude. You have to see the movie in a whole. It's nothing about Psychology but rather being virgin in the age of 25. :wink:

As for Sociology here is the lecture (33Mb) I was interested in recently:
http://www.bath.ac.uk/lmf/download/069- ... /34535.mp3
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Not so easy, dude. You have to see the movie in a whole. It's nothing about Psychology but rather being virgin in the age of 25. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You cheeky Russian!

well from what I gather it's also about being a whiz and a multi millionaire. I'll take that. :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2009
Yes. Story of your life, probably. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2009
last movie, it's called 2012.
just a another WOW movie, you have to see it on the big screen...

greets:
Claus
area51events
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 22, 2009
watched Little Miss Sunshine

First reaction FU%$#@g B@s^%d what a worthless movie. Who the hell makes such crappy movies? They say this movie is a glimpse of realism in modern day America, where families are suicidal, cold, empty, drug addicted and well broke! The setup itself such a depressant, was not enough for the director. The depressants keep on compunding throughout the movie, with characters (except for Abigail) so retarded you just which you could smack them.
All in all one of those depressing art house movies, do watch if your in the mood to feel low. I can't believe this movie got a 90% rating on rotten tomatoes. Give me GI Joe anyday!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 23, 2009
"Mar adentro".

film based on fact. Moving story about the problem of the euthanasia. Repeatedly I cried, even though it is hard to reduce me to tears.
Parisienne
Dubai Forum User

Re: what is the last movie you saw ?? Dec 13, 2009
"Inglourious Basterds"

Such a great movie, with my lovely Brad Pitt.
But in comparison with Tarantino's other movies, It was my last favorite.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: what is the last movie you saw ?? Dec 19, 2009
The Lives of Others, a German movie on the Stasi and such. It was excellent! Go watch it.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: what is the last movie you saw ?? Dec 19, 2009
"The usual suspects"

"Kavin Spacy" is brilliant, and my favorite qoute from the movie was: "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him..."
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: what is the last movie you saw ?? Dec 21, 2009
I second "The Usual Suspects". I rarely watch a movie more than once, but that is one movie that I have watched more than once.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: what is the last movie you saw ?? Feb 12, 2010
The Princess and the Frog (2009)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780521/

Great animation, with happy ending...

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190590/

Coen Brothers' triumph, with George Clooney
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules