Bounced Cheque

Topic locked
Bounced Cheque Dec 12, 2013
Hello Friends ,
Please I need your support .

I have rented an apartment in Dubai and agreed with the Landlord on 2 cheques .

I have paid the first cheque for the first 6 months . Couple of months before the second cheque due date , I got a job offer in another country .
I informed the Landlord 2 months before the second cheque due date ( in order to get a new tenant ) and I have closed DEWA , DU accounts , paid all my bills , withdrawn what I have in my bank account and left the apartment before the second cheque due date .

However , the second cheque is still with the Landlord (AED 20K ) and asked me to pay the penalty and cooling in order to return the cheque .

Now , I am out of Dubai and of course the cheque will bounce , what could they do ? will I be arrested at the airport if I came back ?

Please help . Thank you

Rogerr
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Bounced Cheque Apr 24, 2014
u will get arrested upon return. do you have a reciept for when you moved out? then he will add one more year to the case. yes one more year of rent for the whole year.
gregory863
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Bounced Cheque Jun 20, 2014
The right thing for you to do was to find a tenant yourself, get the landlord to cancel your lease contract, return your check, and make a new contract with the new tenant. But since you didn't and you didn't arrange to have the contract cancelled and your check returned, you will face penalties. It's possible you will have gotten blacklisted from the country altogether. If you want to return to the country, contact the landlord and see if you can make amendments by repaying the rent due and any consequential damages.
Radeya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

undefined Jul 08, 2014
Hello Guys and thank you for your responses ,

It could be possible that he found another tenant and did not raise the case to the police. I have been in touch with him for couple of months after I left Dubai and he did not show bad intentions. He only asked to pay the cooling+penalty in order to return the check which was supposed to be for the next 6 months .

Is it possible to blacklist someone for such case ? I mean , it is not related to government nor unpiad loans for banks or unsettled credit cards or huge debts ?

I think the best thing to do is to contact the LL before I travel back ....
Rogerr
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Bounced Cheque Aug 07, 2014
Hi guys please can you tel what you mean by Rental agrement?
msialnoman
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai