I know this is a Dubai forum but I hop you don’t mind me posting. The people that set up this kitchen and most of the kitchen is expat Dubai staff. It is a great opportunity for those currently in these types of positions in Dubai looking for a chance to grow and change scenery. I can vouch for the guy you’d be working for, a good friend of mine who strongly encourages his staff to grow. If you are hard working, adventerous and committed in your career development see below.
Start dates: immediate preferred, up to 15 October at the latest
JOB 1: Kitchen Steward / Kitchen Assistant USD500 per month after tax (equal to 1835 UAE dhs or 18000 Thai baht per month)
(2 steward positions available. A couple or 2 friends or colleagues will be considered)
Must speak English
JOB 2: Chef de Partie (CDP) USD$1100 per month after tax (equal to 4030 dhs, or 150,000 Thai baht per month)
Must speak English
For both positions, company will provide:
• Air ticket to Almaty to start contract, and to return to home country at end of contract
• Visa for work in Kazakhstan
• Annual return airfare to home country for vacation
• Furnished shared accommodation (2 persons to a room. each room has own bathroom & toilet)
• Transport to & from work
• Meals provided daily at work
• Social insurance
• Salary paid monthly in cash
the restaurant is an 80 seat lounge restaurant specialising in live mud crabs and contemporary global cuisine.
Our clients are the top end of Almaty's business, government and social stratas.
Focus is on quality, freshness and perfect end product.
For the kitchen stewards, main qualification is a great work ethic, and a desire to succeed, and grow further. Possibly to learn to be a chef. promotional opportiunities exist.
For the CDP, this is a full, hands-on position with full a-la-carte menu.
Skills in all sections of a quality restaurant required, with an interest in modern food & presentation.
reply by email with CV to: email@example.com
Ideally would suit:
• staff currently working in Dubai
• 2 or 3 colleagues or friends looking to relocate together to a new career
• Thai, Filipino, Chinese, South African, African, Indian, Pakistan nationals will find this an attractive country with good working conditions and attractive salary compared to Dubai
• People with good humour and good attitude. Small kitchen team, and we all get on well, so we want people who are polite, hardworking, and professional. But also friendly nature and a sense of humour so we don't all go troppo.
Kazakhstan is a beautiful country with 4 distinct seasons.
The weather is great, with warm climate Spring & Autumn, Hot but bearable summer, & snow in the winter.
Almaty is a financial capital, with great people, and a calm peaceful city centre.
I've been here for 3 months & feel very safe & comfortable & have nothing but praise for the place and the people.
Further details, photos etc provided by return email to applicants for the above positions.