ACCA Students + Job

Topic locked
ACCA students + Job Jul 25, 2008
Can ACCA students study as well as work?

Is there any company willing to sponsor in return for a contract for 6 or 7 years?

Please tell me.

Yahya Bhai
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 10, 2008
Hi this is Asadullah from Pakistan. I am currently enrolled in ACCA and completed Knowledge Module. I have also completed CA foundation and B.Com. Currently looking for suitable position in the fold of finance. Besides, I have a working knowledge of business planning and analysis, operational risk management, taxation services and internal audit.

I have pasted my resume below.

ASADULLAH

G-21/11  Amlani Town Houses  Block 8 Clifton  Karachi – 75600  Pakistan
Contact: + 92 345 2060933 or +92 21 5363597  Email: agha.asadullah@gmail.com

 A B.Com graduate currently pursuing M.A. (Economics) and the ACCA Skills Module with over 1 year of professional experience in the accounting and banking industries.
 Disciplined with proven abilities to manage multiple assignments efficiently under tight delivery deadlines.
 Proficiency in streamlining working procedures, formulating cost-effective solutions for enhancing the accounting operations.
 Excellent interpersonal skills, comprehensive problem solving abilities and a highly analytical bent of mind thus being able to comprehend and explain complex financial data easily.

CORE COMPETENCIES
Operational Risk Management  Risk Assessment  Share Issue  Filing of Returns
Budgeting Analysis  Taxation  Appeals before Appellate Tribunal and High Court

TAMEER MICROFINANCE BANK LTD., Karachi, Pakistan Since February 2008
Operational Risk Officer
 Reviewing Operational Risk Management’s Internal Control Reports
 Ensuring branch compliance of Operational Policies and reviewing products’ Operational Processes
 Identifying Risk factors in day-to-day operations and devising policies to mitigate them
 Conducting reviews of Human Resource, Central Operations, Administration and Information Technology
 Ensuring KYC/AML Policies are operative and coordinating with departments in Risk Assessment
 Assisting CS in alteration of authorized share capital, filing of various applications and annual returns

NIB BANK LTD., Karachi Nov 2007 – Jan 2008
Budgeting Officer – Business Planning (CSEG)

KPMG TASEER HADI & CO., CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS, Karachi May 2007 – Jun 2007
Tax Trainee

 Currently pursuing ACCA Skills Module; Certified in ACCA Knowledge Module, 2008
 Currently pursuing CA Module D; Certified in CA Foundation, 2005 from School of Business Studies
 M.A. (Economics), Results Pending, from University of Karachi
 B.Com, 2005, from University of Karachi

COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: MS Office, Windows OS and Internet Applications
SEMINAR ATTENDED: Audit & Internal Controls (Branch Operations) by Institute of Bankers, Pakistan

Relocation Preferences: UAE (Dubai or Sharjah) or other GCC countries
References: Available on request
agha.asadullah
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai