Visa Ban

Topic locked
Visa Ban Apr 20, 2013
Good Day!

Greetings to you.

I currently work as a Relationship Officer at Mashreq Bank. I have been on the bank's roll for the last 7 months and I am on a limited contract for two years. I have just been offered a job in the Free Zone and my salary has been advised as anything higher than 5000 AED. The position I am being offered is that of a Relationship Manager.

I have a lot of worries right now considering my contract with the current employer. It would be very kind of you to help understand how to go about resigning on good terms with my current employer. I do understand that a labor ban is not applicable in my case since my new job is going to offer me a better salary, a free zone visa and a better position, all of which defy the labor ban under any circumstance. However, what worries me right now is if I resign saying that I found a better job, will my current employer be in a position to impose an immigration ban on my passport across the UAE? I need to figure out what I need to in order to avoid an immigration ban if it is being applied in my case. I have been on very good terms with my current employer and have been an excellent performer since the day I joined. But you never know when they can change their mind about making it hard for me.

Also,

In order for them to relieve me on good terms I want to see if I can tell them that I am resigning due to a family emergency and would like to get the visa cancelled. Would it be okay for me to tell them this? Or would that create complications? Or can I just tell them that I've found a better job and would like to quit? If I say this I am afraid they would want to impose a ban (Immigration?) since it would probably be hurting the ego of the employer?

It would be great if you can just advice me what is the best way to resign if I HAVE to switch jobs in the UAE. Say family emergency and go to exit the country and then come back on the new sponsor's visa (since they might not impose any ban (immigration) being considerate towards family emergencies). Or would it be best to just tell them that I am switching jobs which is why I want to quit.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

zubinsufi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Visa Ban Apr 21, 2013
Hi and welcome to Dubai forum,

I removed your name from the post, it's not a good idea to ask this kind of questions in a public forum and provide your real name. :)

Anyway 5000 AED or even 7000 AED is not worth the risk of a ban, and there is a risk.
Think long term. The fact that you left after 7 months of working as a relatioship officer in a bank doesn't look nice in your resume.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Visa Ban Apr 21, 2013
Andyba wrote:Hi and welcome to Dubai forum,

I removed your name from the post, it's not a good idea to ask this kind of questions in a public forum and provide your real name. :)

Anyway 5000 AED or even 7000 AED is not worth the risk of a ban, and there is a risk.
Think long term. The fact that you left after 7 months of working as a relatioship officer in a bank doesn't look nice in your resume.

Thanks for your promt response. All I am worried about is, does my employer have an authority to put an immigration ban on me based on finding a better job?? And what is the best thing to tell while resigning so I can avoid complications. Many thanks. And thanks for getting the name removed!! :)
zubinsufi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Visa Ban May 29, 2013
i will do plz call me 0553096446
naeembaloch52
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Jan 16, 2014
how u issu is resolved kindly tell me because i had same problem with my brother

farrukh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Feb 01, 2014
i have the same problem.. can i have assistance with this matter? my friend back in Dubai checked my passport number status but nothing is showing from ministry of labour and immigration. i want to know how and where i can find out about this ban, i am sure though because when i had my passport stamped for exit one arab guy said i am 1 yr ban and i cannot enter Dubai for 1 year.. pls. help. any response would be appreciated..

--- Feb 01, 2014 ---

i have the same problem.. can i have assistance with this matter? my friend back in Dubai checked my passport number status but nothing is showing from ministry of labour and immigration. i want to know how and where i can find out about this ban, i am sure though because when i had my passport stamped for exit one arab guy said i am 1 yr ban and i cannot enter Dubai for 1 year.. pls. help. any response would be appreciated..
jmmvs
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Visa Ban Mar 22, 2014
Hi!
Good day to you! My friend wants to come here so I applied her a visit visa at agency. unfortunately she has a duplicate name with a lifetime ban at the immigration. (just to let you know that this is her first time to get her passport and first time to travel.) is there any possibilities that i can do just to make her name cleared and in the future she can be here? many thanks!
tariray21
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Visa Ban Mar 17, 2015
Hi
i want to know is danatta accepted the Laybour ban or not plz inform me urgently?
Boomkhan
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Apr 18, 2015
Andyba ,

--- Apr 18, 2015 ---

Andyba ,

--- Apr 18, 2015 ---

naeembaloch52 ,
malikismail
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Visa Ban May 28, 2015
With laber ban can we joint with freezoo

--- May 28, 2015 ---

Sorry for mistake, I was in abudhabi now I am working in dubai more than four months but my company they not revenue my visa now I already fine not only me in my place so many people, and my labour card canceled. I have offer in my previous company its freezoone visa , so I am goin to pay my fine my side and cancel visa. So my question is if I do like that its proper way or when I cancel visa without any problems can I get new visa?

--- May 28, 2015 ---

silva
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa