The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide

Topic locked
Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Sep 17, 2014
Nice reply above, thanks Radeya. I have confirmed that the above posting is actually still in affect. Once your contract is lodged with the MOL, you are still subject to the ban even if you are still within your probation period, with the above exclusions in place to have the ban lifted.

dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Sep 17, 2014
Ok. Thankyou very much for your help.
Shahid123
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Sep 21, 2014
Hi,

I need advice about my situation. I am in limited contract and i already finish 2 years and my employer renewed my contract last May. It says in labour law that "if the contract is made in writing for limited period and continues to be applied by both parties after lapse of its period without a written agreement between them." (Ch3, Section 1, Art 39) Is my contract now is converted to unlimited?

If that so, i am now working in unlimited contract in 4 months. I filed my resignation yesterday Sept 20. Do i get a ban for this and do i have to pay my employer for 45 days of my salary?
iwi
Dubai Forum Visitor

You need to check your contract, it is printed on the document (whether is is limited or unlimited).

You say you have completed 2 years, but the contract was renewed in May; this does not necessary mean that it is now unlimited, the employer may simply have issued you with a new (2 year limited contract) at the end of the previous one.

Yes, if it is limited and you break it early (resignation) you are liable to pay him 45 days and may face a ban.

Get your contract and check it - right at the top of the page.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Thank you for the reply dbxsoul.

Isn't it that if the employer renewed the contract mutually and without me knowing it, it is automatically converted to unlimited according to the labour law. I still have the old contract and that is limited ,only my labour card date was changed. And when my employer renew or extend my contract I ddnt sign anythin from them.

--- Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:31 am ---
iwi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Sep 22, 2014
Can anyone give ideas on lifting a Ban on the E-gate?
rowseecheeks
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Oct 01, 2014
Hello All.

This seem to be a nice discussion forum, I am not getting any help and
information over internet for my problem other then yahoo forums. My name
is Haroon Malik, I am 33 years old from Pakistan, I am an Architect by
profession, stay and works in Ghana - West Africa.

I seek your service regarding my black-list ban which I got 14 years ago in
UAE. I was born, raised and studied in Dubai. When I was around 20 years old, I
was working part-time for a video store, who were also selling adult movies
(hidden), they got reported, being a worker there, I got involved too,
causing me a 6 month jail and life-time ban exit from Dubai (when I was only a
lad, it was so cruel by Ajman govt).

Anyways, I am not interested in working in Dubai, I just want my-self cleared for
visit as my family members are in Dubai, also my father is buried there. Its
really emotional for me not to be able to visit his grave.

Anyone can give any suggestion about hiring any proper lawyer is most welcome,
any other suggestions as well. As I said I don't want a permit visa, I just
need open visits so I can visit my father's grave when I miss him.

Best Wishes
HaroonM
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Oct 13, 2014
Hello friends

Since most people participating in this thread are already
working in UAE, I wanted your kind guidance to a fellow aspiring worker.

I am expecting to receive a job offer soon. Whilst
interviewing I did not declare one of my previous employers. The employment was
only a few months and I didn’t leave on good terms with that employer.

I wanted to know what
information on past employers does the UAE government request as part of the
work visa/residency visa process
. The reason I ask is that I have also
applied for Australian immigration and was afraid that the Australian
immigration department in its background check on me would compare employers
with the UAE government. I am afraid since I have declared all my employers
(including this one) on my Australian immigration application. So when they see
the difference, they might use this as grounds for rejecting my application.

Thank you dear friends very much
shah12
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Oct 30, 2014
I am working in a company under same sponser 2 and half years. on period is already finish. and they made a new contract on this may. Now i got a good offer from on company. they offer me 5000+ salary and i have a diploma certificate. if i cancel the contract from current company can i get ban. if so , have any other way to change the visa. Please reply.
vinee
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Jan 12, 2015
Hi,

I have been working with an LLC based in Dubai for the last 7 months.

My contract is an unlimited contract automatically renewed after every 2 years.I have been offered a job by JLT/DMCC freezone company. If I am to resign from my current employer (after serving required notice period) and accept the offer from the JLT freezone company:

(a) Will there be a ban imposed on me?

(b) Can I still get a freezone visa from the JLT/DMCC immediately after previous LLC visa cancellation?

Other details:Visa Designation: Financial Analyst

Education: Post Graduate

Salary in LLC: AED 15,000+

Expected Salary in Freezone Company: At least AED 5,000/- higher

All help will be very much appreciated.Regards
Blitzkreig
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Feb 01, 2015
Dear Friends,
I have a serious issue with my job changeover. I am working with a Dubai Airport Free Zone Company which deals in Aviation Spares. I worked here for 4 years now. I am planning to change over this job. I got an offer from another Free Zone Company based in Sharjah Free Zone. This new company which is offering me a job is actually a COMPETITOR to my current company.

My Dubai Airport Freezone Contract states the below clause:
"After termination, an employee shall not join or assist any competitor for the duration of 2 years in UAE."

I checked with several labour departments regarding this clause, and they all guided me to contact DAFZA Authorities. I checked with DAFZA Authorities, they advised me that I am free to join the competitor unless I disclose any facts and figures of my previous company. The old company should not be able to prove it.

Moreover, I checked with many other friends and colleagues, but everyone suggested that there will NOT be any problem and the old company cannot impose a ban on you.

My new company has told me to resign the current company, and exit Dubai. Furthermore they will give me a fresh new visa to join SHARJAH AIRPORT FREE ZONE company. - In this case, will i be in trouble in anyway if my previous company gets to know that I have joined the competitor.

I have already informed my current employer about my decision to leave the job, but I have mentioned that I am going to join an IT Company, a different profile (Fake Name).

My Current company will get a bond signed from me that if i disclose any information, I will have to pay a fine of 1 MILLION DIRHAMS to he company.

Looking at the above situation, can you please advise me whether this is going to work well, whether I will be safe to work with competitor under the above clauses? Please help me...

Thanks in Advance.
Sonicwaves
sonicwaves
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Jun 02, 2016
Hello there, I was working with a small company in Dubai and I was given a limited contract visa. Due to some partners issue and less business, I was asked to find another job but my visa was cancelled during the probation period. Now that I have a labor ban of 1 year, how do I get it lifted? I have an NOC from my previous employer and I really look forward to an option to go about. Please help me
prinsjoe
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: The Ultimate Dubai BAN Guide Jun 07, 2016
Hello Dear Prinsjoe,

Yes We will be able to help you in lifting your ban, could you pls call me on my number mentioned below.

Regards,
Pushpa.M
Legal Advisor,
0528129632Whats App)
Dar Al Hekma Lawyers and Legal Consultancy
Dubai, UAE
PushpaAdvisor
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa