Prospects Of Finding Western Woman To Marry, For US Guy?

Topic locked

How bad is the dating scene in Dubai, for a Western guy to find a Western woman to marry?

Forget about it. Almost no chance.
25%
One never knows, love can happen anywhere, all you need is one.
50%
For a well-heeled professional, it's OK, not like NYC, DC, or SF, but there are plenty of eligible, responsible, attractive single Western women here.
25%
Forget what you've heard elsewhere, the dating scene for professional Western men here is great! Lots of choices (NOT hookers).
No votes
Other, I'll write a comment below. **&&^^ = flag
No votes

Total votes : 4

prospects of finding Western woman to marry, for US guy? Sep 21, 2008
I'm from the US, and I have a great job offer in Dubai -- nice salary, perks, meaningful work.

But I'm 50, single, and would like to find a "catch" of a Western (Christian or post-Christian) woman in her 30's to marry and start a family with. I happen to like blue or green eyes. That's my biggest concern about moving to Dubai -- that I'll be stranded socially, lonely, alienated and return two years later. In the US I have no problem getting dates, gf's, etc., and I'm very selective. But I read these Forums (and others -- admittedly full of low-paid guys who seem clueless) and it sounds grim. Dubai has: tons of prostitutes (which repulse me), otherwise only 3% of the population is Western, a 3:1 ratio of men to women (many of them married or hookers), etc.

Is it as bad as it sounds? I'd hate to turn down this amazing job offer, but I want to take all aspects of life into account.

Many thanks for any thoughtful replies. :D

DDave
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 22, 2008
DDave, its how y-you f-find it and w-what y-you m-make of it.

If your decision is based solely on your potential to meet a marriageable 30 something WASP...I'd stay in the land of the free burger.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 22, 2008
troll?????
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
Sad and lonely troll...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
erm well I'd had to say that while the majority of thirty somethings are running round like uni students, the chances of finding someone would be slim. And I'd have to say, that probably they'd be interested in people their own age. I mean what would you have in common? Actually it's kinda creepy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2008
well dave if u have dated many women u know if u have it in u u wont have roblem attracting females. Women here are desperate for real man and since u r old it will be plus for u. Exhibit the qualitites which are attractive to women and they wont give damn abt ur age. As far as marriage is concerned, you may find some women here who are ready to settle down.

One of a brit friend I met who is 40 yrs old laid 17 women in 2 weeks. So be the judge but dont expect the quality to be the same as US.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 25, 2008
desert surfer wrote:
One of a brit friend I met who is 40 yrs old laid 17 women in 2 weeks. So be the judge but dont expect the quality to be the same as US.

Probably cost him a whole months wages...I heard the rate for hookers had gone up!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 25, 2008
what a total man whore - now that's not attractive to the ladies!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 25, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
desert surfer wrote:

Probably cost him a whole months wages...I heard the rate for hookers had gone up!

Knight

I dont know about u Knight , just dont assume every man who is good with women is a hooker-lover. He was easy interesting laid back fellow unlike 90% of creepy dudes u see in bar using creepy lines or staring creepily. It's amazing to see how many women are so desperate to meet that social interesting real man. Most men here I cant believe chat about stuffs (sports, money, their career etc) which is a turn off to women (independent).

This guy talked abt her likes , dislikes , horoscope (women are so into it), his interesting stories (very good story teller), he isnt into blonds so he was non chalant and introduced the blond to his rich ass friend who she felt boring and ran back to him straight to home. He did this numerous amount of times and he now has girls calling him even they know he sleeps with other women.

P.S- Chocoholic, I dont know if u dated a man who has been with 10+ women (non-hookers, sophisticated) but according to my experience women are attracted to seducer who already has women around him . It doesnt matter if he is midget or butt fcuk ugly or amputated she is hardwired to choose a man who has been already been pre-selected by other women.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 25, 2008
Erm yes I have actually. And I can safely say it's not a pleasant experience, don't forget if you are sleeping with someone who has multiple partners, then you have to also play safe, as you're effectively sleeping with all of them.

It's not nice to be one of many, not something I certainly like.

To me your friend just sounds like someone who has got to learn the tricks he needs to get women into bed, wouldn't work on me and I can spot it a mile off.

I like a mans man, not soppy new age stuff that sucker girls fall for.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 25, 2008
Awwww so the quality of men actually drifted off lower than I thought.

I really hate men who feels "like a real man" (consciously or subconsciously) by having a lot of women around him. I view it as more of an inferiority complex.

Come on, for once, atleast BE A MAN!

Women who are attracted to men who are taken, or desired so much by other women around, awww another shallow reason. Grow up.

Ok, to prove that one is better than the other? That you are more attractive than someone else? That you can win the game? FOR WHAT? Not unless you within yourself is not self-satisfied.

Not unless one is just up for a game, fine enough. That's acceptable. But act like one and not like an arshloch (sorry for the word) who would pretend that he's such a catch. CATCH MY As$ :lol:

Sorry, this is just my point of view.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 26, 2008
A 30 year old dating a 50 year old isn't creepy. A good number of 50 somethings look good and are funny.

17 girls in 2 weeks is a turn-off. Yuck!!! STD written all over unless the poor guy is a prostitute saving money for his mom or kid then hopefully he used protection. :(

I want a guy who shares my humor, someone I can talk and be myself around, loves traveling, ambitious, smells good, and is the most handsome man ever even if he's 'ugly.'
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2008
Maybe the guy was just good at playing the numbers? If you ask enough girls to sleep with you, by the law of odds, eventually one will say yes. He just had a good 2 weeks run!

OK girls, you can explain this to a cynical old git like me: Why do really hot attractive women like to go out with short, fat, ugly, grumpy, guys? (Don't say it doesn't happen because I will throw Bernie Ecclestone at yah!)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 26, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Maybe the guy was just good at playing the numbers? If you ask enough girls to sleep with you, by the law of odds, eventually one will say yes. He just had a good 2 weeks run!

OK girls, you can explain this to a cynical old git like me: Why do really hot attractive women like to go out with short, fat, ugly, grumpy, guys? (Don't say it doesn't happen because I will throw Bernie Ecclestone at yah!)

Knight

...Ok, this discussion is getting more interesting.

First Assessment (Without Material Wealth Consideration):

Normally, "short, fat, ugly, grumpy guys" as you describe above are "short, fat, ugly & grumpy" :) That makes it a disadvantage.

Therefore, they work really hard on other strong points that they "might" have, such as:
1. Intelligence
2. Social Skills
3. Special Treatment of Women
4. etc, ect, etc...

...something that would compensate their lack of physical attractiveness where one would actually be lost and forget how short, fat, ugly & grumpy he really is.

Once they focus in these things, they end up mustering it until they get really the highest confidence level and ending up "forgetting that they are short, fat, ugly & grumpy."

Conclusion: He ends up having a really high confidence & acceptance towards his own self and releasing the same to other people. This is attractive, I must say, because he achieved something exceptional. Not only would he attract really hot and attractive hookers, he would attract intelligent, dynamic, smart, independent, rich, "hot" ladies out there as well.

Second Assessment (Material Wealth Consideration):

There is one fact in this world, and that is "money talks". Women likes to be seen and be flauntered upon -- especially the really attractive and hot women who cares way too much about their physical appearance.

Women as such takes care of themselves "to be seen". There is nothing wrong with it, it is normal to feel "appreciated for their physical high maintenance efforts".

In this regard, as the desire is way above all their priorities, they compensate their thoughts despite the fact that he is "short, fat, ugly & grumpy". They don't see him as such, they see him as their way towards achieving their higher desires which makes them happy.

Women will always be women. We have the heart to all the men outthere who would want to gives us our desires. It's just a matter of priorities in each and every individual.

:queen: Women are the queen of the universe especially for emotional-driven desires :lol: :lol: :lol:

*me-thinks*
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 26, 2008
Ok...that told me!

Basically, you are all high maintenance and we had better try and learn the rules or we don't stand a chance even if we look like Brad Pitt with the bank balance of Bill Gates!

Being quasimodo is better...just be nice!

I do have a chance still then...

Anyone out there want to come and polish my hump?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 27, 2008
Hahahhaha not to that extent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's try to decode different kinds of women, hahahaha, a good learning stage!

Most men ask me a lot of questions all the time about women.

This gave me a real impression that they could not understand even something that, in our perspective, is so simple.

i.e. Some women likes to run after men who doesn't give a damn about her despite the fact that she's got 10 more suitors who's dying to have her. The more he doesn't answer her call, the more she gets frustrated and call non-stop. The more he ignores her, the more she runs after him. Experience showed me that majority of these women who acted even once in their lives this way are intelligent & successful but no emotional control. Now the question is why? It's the challenge. It's the feeling of seeing this person and running after him not because she really loves him (although she thought she does), but because subconsciously, she could not understand how a lady like her -- say, beautiful, smart, funny, successful, strong, kind (almost perfect) -- could not have this average guy. I had seen the same reactions with guys who were ignored by women. Damn I tell you, exactly the same. I can show you proofs of an Austrian guy who ran after one woman for 3 years (almost turning it to obsession) :lol:

Another type I've seen are those who are really strong emotionally & intellectually. These are the types that could be a real controller at home, but a perfect gentle wife in public (meaning, she shows that her husband is the BOSS in public). At the end, she's still the boss (she just knows exactly when to be the boss) :lol: but the husband loves her bigtime because of this. Normally, if the woman is a good person but got these traits, it is a reflection of the saying "Behind every great man, is a woman."

There are the other ones who are just the average women type thingy who relies on their emotions all the time. The begger. The SO-SO nice lady. No voice. Meaning, the boring ones.

The real bitches exists ofcourse, and they are the ones who's very difficult to predict to be playing around, especially if she's smart. She can turn the world over the guy.

Well, the above is just my observation. If you know something in addition to this, or if you have another perspective, I would like to be enlightened.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2008
[quote="farthestpoint"]Hahahhaha not to that extent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's try to decode different kinds of women, hahahaha, a good learning stage! quote]

I got this far then it all fell apart! It is not possible to 'decode' a woman! You have completely different operating systems to men.
Once a month your drive crashes.
When we try to turn you on, we have to wait a long time for you boot up.
Sometimes your software is just too hard for us to work out how to get into.
When we do finally get into your software, sometimes we find it is hard to control using just a nipple, particularly if you are using a ThinkPad...
When we finally get our hard drive up and running, it is often frustrated by all the layers of anti virus protection.
When we try anything even remotely different, you freeze on us!

Essentially: women are PC's...men are Mac's!

When you get a PC it is complicated to get out of its wrapper, has lots of peripherals and often leaves a lot of stuff around on the floor. Getting into its box needs a lot of screws.

With a Mac, it is simple to understand, smartly presented, stands up on your table and is easy to turn on.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 27, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:Hahahhaha not to that extent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's try to decode different kinds of women, hahahaha, a good learning stage! quote]

QUOTE - Comments in Blue

I got this far then it all fell apart! It is not possible to 'decode' a woman! You have completely different operating systems to men.
Once a month your drive crashes. - Manufacturing Defect (Out of Our Control)
When we try to turn you on, we have to wait a long time for you boot up. - Like in fully automatic coffee machines, it's called Pre-Brewing which is basically needed to produce a great quality and enjoyable cup of coffee where all your senses are satisfied
Sometimes your software is just too hard for us to work out how to get into. - Specifications vary from one system to the other.
When we do finally get into your software, sometimes we find it is hard to control using just a nipple, particularly if you are using a ThinkPad... - Like any new software, it needs getting used to to get the feel of it
When we finally get our hard drive up and running, it is often frustrated by all the layers of anti virus protection. - It's better be safe than sorry. You may sometimes find a brand new system that doesn't have anti virus protection installed yet!
When we try anything even remotely different, you freeze on us! - Shocked! Huh! System Reset Needed

Essentially: women are PC's...men are Mac's! - Therefore, we always like to show off our Mac's hahahahha :)

When you get a PC it is complicated to get out of its wrapper, has lots of peripherals and often leaves a lot of stuff around on the floor. Getting into its box needs a lot of screws. - At the end we throw the garbages :P

With a Mac, it is simple to understand, smartly presented, stands up on your table and is easy to turn on. - That's why we love the Macs despite the fact that we're PCs

UNQUOTE

:D :D :D

Knight

In conclusion: MEN doesn't have PATIENCE hahahahhaa :lol: :lol: :lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2008
Patience? Oh we do! All those hours of begging prove it!

As it is our patience can end up with us being patients!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 02, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Patience? Oh we do! All those hours of begging prove it!

As it is our patience can end up with us being patients!

Knight

Al Amal Hospital is just nearby!! Hahahhaha :)
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 02, 2008
Oh no!!! I use MACs. Am I transgendered? Lesbian?

This is only theory. I think lots of women like ambitious or powerful men. It's not necessarily money. For example.

Guy #1 Uber rich. Inherited. Billionaire. Jet-setter. Socializes. That's it.

Guy #2 Makes $300,000 US a year. Has assets. Has material things but not like jetsetting number 1. Continues to grow. Not lazy. Has employees.

Guy #2 is more appealing. Yes I like the $$$$ of # 1 but # 2 has more substance and as long as he doesn't have six kids and supports his mother, he's stable enough.

Lastly there's the creative guy. Starving musician aka philosopher, deep thinker, maybe occasional substance abuse etc. Why do women go for him?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 02, 2008
puppypup wrote: Why do women go for him?

I have had a dog 'go for me', I got a nasty bite on the leg!
...does that count?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 05, 2008
Well, I remember seeing lots of 50 year old men with 20-30 year old Filipino wives and young children. You could likely find a lovely Filipino woman who is Christian - just get her some green or blue contact lenses if you simply must have a light-eyed lady. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 05, 2008
kanelli wrote:Well, I remember seeing lots of 50 year old men with 20-30 year old Filipino wives and young children. You could likely find a lovely Filipino woman who is Christian - just get her some green or blue contact lenses if you simply must have a light-eyed lady. :D

Hahahahaha! SO true K!

A bottle of peroxide is a bonus.

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance