Dating An Arab Man

Topic locked
Jan 18, 2009
well well, I have been watching and learning, and I wonder why non of men has ever asked about "dating any nationality (Filipino, Arab, white, black,etc..) woman"
and it only came to my mind that women doesn't trust men of all nationalities (men in general) or they are racist.
I wonder what would be your answers if I asked about, dating a European woman?.
go on guys its your chance for a revenge :D:D.
M.
by the way I don't like fight talks...so try to smile while typing...

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

nah Jan 19, 2009
guys. are we going so far from the main subject. lets talk about Aisha only.
howdy

Jul 12, 2009
it looks for me like he is a measurable guy looking for a girl, nothing more

but its up to ur heart

btw most comments about arab guys are not correct, alot of them are very good, whether u like it or not :D
eyad84
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 19, 2009
no one can say his intention is bad towards u or good.

but dont start it with a deep relation and b exposed 2 public as others said.

for me my only advise is: never trust and never be extra extra good 2 whomever this person is. (nationalities doesnt matter)

coz then watever bad happens will not put a load on u.

f he is good or bad u always should becareful.
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Dating an arab man Aug 11, 2009
Why not visit Dubai as a tourist and check in to a hotel and then meet him for lunch and get to know him in real life? Behind the computer screen a person can be who ever they want to be, but don't forget that words only stand for about 7-8% of the communication between two people, the rest is bodylanguage, so my point is, it's hard to know his intentions by plain words over the Internet.
Nicholson
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 11, 2009
I totally agree with you...
D74
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 11, 2009
Look sweetie! dn be confused. if u want to hv a month of fun wd that guy, then come over. he wl enjoy wd u for a month. Might get u a sub rented flat. After a month ur visa will be over and u wnt hv an option but to go back. And he wl hv an addition to his list of conquers.
rest is upto you.
Aamir111
Dubai Forum User

Aug 12, 2009
Aamir111, very smooth!

I'm impressed.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

A view from an Arabic guy Oct 24, 2009
aisha7 wrote:update: i answered his calls, explained to him why i ignored him. he didnt get angry. i thought we were ok then. the calls that came after that talk were kinda different. he always act like he doesnt trust me or jealous when he hears voices of other people in the background. i was like...whats up wid that? then shifts back to being nice and sweet. moody huh?

Hi, I know this a very... very late answer

But for the record, I am from Syria... (i.e. Arab :) ) and I have to say that in general, arabs only look at friendship and girlfriends before marriage as a "walk on the wild side" or an experiance before marriage... but they don't usually get married to their girlfriends and go for an arrianged marriage at the end.

It's not that THEY're bad! but their families usually highly, highly object to this (ask me, my family almost disowned me when I told then I am thinking of marring a non-Syrian girl!--- she was Japanese, by the way!)

In the west, people can easily go against their parent's will because being very close to your family isn't a big thing in the west, they see them twice at year most... but we are expected to stay close to our immediate family and non-immediate ones as well... so there

Of course, I do have a friend from Yemen who got married to a Filipino girl... but that's the only exception of the rule... (plus, she did get convert to Islam... on her own, btw)
samsam007
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 27, 2009
Take this from an arabic lady, 1. If he is really serious about what he saying let him come to you.. you never know what he will end up doing when you come to him. 2. Most of them are players and just few are decent. 3. look for the signs, he can talk alot and build a dream castle but you need to see the actions. Start will making him visit you and please dont let him stay at your place , if he said something about you living in a villa I am sure he can afford a hotel to stay at.
Arabian.Rose
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 01, 2009
I suggest, do not even think about this.
shabir2AA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 01, 2009
Good option if you have known the person for long, may be couple of years. not in months. Do not go for it. Arab males are famous of their fire.
shabir2AA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: A view from an Arabic guy Nov 01, 2009
samsam007 wrote:
aisha7 wrote:update: i answered his calls, explained to him why i ignored him. he didnt get angry. i thought we were ok then. the calls that came after that talk were kinda different. he always act like he doesnt trust me or jealous when he hears voices of other people in the background. i was like...whats up wid that? then shifts back to being nice and sweet. moody huh?

Hi, I know this a very... very late answer

But for the record, I am from Syria... (i.e. Arab :) ) and I have to say that in general, arabs only look at friendship and girlfriends before marriage as a "walk on the wild side" or an experiance before marriage... but they don't usually get married to their girlfriends and go for an arrianged marriage at the end.

It's not that THEY're bad! but their families usually highly, highly object to this (ask me, my family almost disowned me when I told then I am thinking of marring a non-Syrian girl!--- she was Japanese, by the way!)

In the west, people can easily go against their parent's will because being very close to your family isn't a big thing in the west, they see them twice at year most... but we are expected to stay close to our immediate family and non-immediate ones as well... so there

Of course, I do have a friend from Yemen who got married to a Filipino girl... but that's the only exception of the rule... (plus, she did get convert to Islam... on her own, btw)

Excuse me but for someone who does not live in the west you seem know alot about western family ties.

I can only speak for the US and England, which are very similar in culture. I'm talking about the culture that developed hundreds of years ago. In the west we are what is called "open minded" and accepting. The majority have no objection to "mixed" marriages. As a matter of fact, it really isn't something that is given much thought. Those who migrated to the west and have "trouble" with cultures crossing over are those who migrated to the west one or two generations ago that hold onto their native cultural ways. These people are a very small minority, not the majority.

As for family ties, westerners see families more than two times a year. Many westerners have strong family ties, the difference is that each family is a family unit unto themself.

The majority of western parents, well I should correct that, the Mother, which is usually the case, does not interfere with their childrens marriage. We may not see our family every day, but there is always a phone call at least once a day.

I have seen mixed marriages marriages where Momma was intrusive and disruptive and in most cases it was the husband's mother. The fathers seem to stay quite because the Mother broke them along time ago.

I know many westerners who married into families of another culture and suffered from the husband putting Momma first and from Momma dictating to sonny on what he should and should not allow his wife to do, as well as badmouthing the wife. This behavior generally came from the fact that Momma didn't approve of sonny marrying "outside". This came from westerners marrying Arabs and Indians. I have even seen Arab and Indian couples where the husbands put Momma first.

Having close family ties is a good thing, but in moderation. Too much of anything is not healthy, and that includes immediate family and extended family.

As an Arab you know only Arab culture. I'm western and my husband is Arab so I am familiar with both cultures. I have been blessed with wonderful in-laws who are not intrusive or disruptive, but always welcoming and loving. Maybe that's because they live in another country.

I believe you made my point when you wanted to marry someone you loved, but didn't because your family came first. I'm sure that your mother is still looking for the woman she wants you to marry. Seeing that you are the good son, I'm sure you will silently accept it, even if it kills you, because it's all about pleasing Momma and what she wants that makes her happy isn't it?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 04, 2009
don't do it it's risky you haven't seen him before. just look for a people around you you will find intelligent people around you there is a lot nationals in dubai good luck
samios
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 23, 2009
from my observation and conclusions taken out from conversations with Arabs I think that they have very inquisitive look at reality largely. I think that because I have Slav roots [completely different culture], but so far I came across no bad Arab. Perhaps I am lucky. I don't know. From my point of view Arabs are handsome if it is about an appearance. Largely. Inside these are good persons, in spite of prevailing stereotypes in many places in the world.
Parisienne
Dubai Forum User

Re: Dating an arab man Nov 30, 2009
Maybe he is grooming you for prostitution. !!
Out you up in accommodation for what reason????

It makes no sense that he would be trying to date a Filipina online overseas when there are so many in Dubai and other nationalities too that are willing to take part in a quickie or relationship
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dating an arab man Apr 13, 2010
Aisha, i think you have already took your decision and for the moment being you are looking for someone to approve it for you...listen Aisha, you are the one who talked to him, who knows him more than any one here (or maybe not), but sincerly never take a decision in a virtual world, wait for the landing that you reach teh real world then believe me you will find teh answer out...be patient and mature.Good luck
royality
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dating an arab man Apr 13, 2010
royality wrote:Aisha, i think you have already took your decision and for the moment being you are looking for someone to approve it for you...listen Aisha, you are the one who talked to him, who knows him more than any one here (or maybe not), but sincerly never take a decision in a virtual world, wait for the landing that you reach teh real world then believe me you will find teh answer out...be patient and mature.Good luck

:roll: :roll:

I really think she has moved on seeing as how the last post was November 2009. Ya think????
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Parehas lang Aug 05, 2013
xero_ wrote:
global_headhunter wrote:
xero_ wrote:but thats upto you, kakahiya kseh minsan kababayan d2 kasama ibang lahi, they look pretty cheap to be honest.

wag makitid ang utak mo kabayan, mas nakakahiya yata na pinoy nga ang kasama mo pero me pamilya na naiwan sa pilipinas tapos yung pera na para sa mga anak eh ginagastos sa babae nya sa dubai o di kaya sa sobrang kapal yung ipapadala sa pamilya eh nanggagaling sa bulsa ng babae. meron ding pinoy na nagkukunwaring walang asawa at nanliligaw ng kabayan na kahit matino at galing sa maayos na pamilya eh walang pakialam para lang makagamit. o sabihin na nating single nga ang lalaki pero 3 naman ang kasintahan.

wag kang ipokrito, kaya ka nagagalit sa mga pilipina na me kasamang ibang lahi dahil di ka pwede sa ibang lahi.

kapal muka mo kabayan, pamilyado akong tao at sa dinami dami ng nakita ko dito sa dubai, eh totoo ang experience ko. kung may kamag anak ka man na babae na may boyfriend o asawang dayuhan eh dapat talagang mahiya ka. dahil sa kahirapan, nauuto ng mga dayuhan ang kapamilya mo nag magpagamit ng katawan nila. nakakahiya talaga ang mga kababaihan naten na pumapatol sa ibang lahi, at feeling pa nila eh naka-jackpot sila pag umasta sa mga mall kasama ang mga mababantot na dayuhan haha.

Alam mo kabayan kahit ibang lahi bf mo me family din yan at walang pagkaiba sa mga lalaking pinoy na bf ng ibang kabayan natin. Huwag defensive magpakatotoo ka naman. Mas malinis pa ang kabayan natin kesa ibang lahi karamihan mabaho! Natiis mo un? Tama ka nman practical lang sa panahon ngaun magdumi ka naman lang sa sarili mo kailangan me bayad. At ang ibang lahi babayaran ka talaga kaysa pinoy na sobrang kuripot. Ang hirap naman sa iba nating kababayan iba ibang lahi na ang pinapatulan me pang accomodation, pang padala sa Pinas, pang luho, pang load! Yucckkss! Pag uwi sa pinas parang mga anghel at di makabasag pinggan kilos pero di alam ng pamilya na ang pinakain sa kanila galing sa pawis at paggiling sa ibat ibang lalaki. Ok yan kabayan i career mo sana dika magkakasakit after 10 years!!
Darna
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dating an arab man Oct 26, 2013
challenge him to meet his parents first. well sa nangyari sakin nagpauto ako. tumiwala ako. yet mahal nya ako, d nya kayang disobey parents nya. nahospital daw nanay nya nun sinabi nya n pakakasalan ako. drama ever ng lola mo.
rimehedar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dating An Arab Man Nov 02, 2013
aisha7 , some of them are good people, some are just looking for good time. Either case, most Arabic socieites and families are so traditional and strict and marrying someone foreign is most of the time out of question for most Arabic guys
desertgirl335
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dating An Arab Man Dec 02, 2013
There is something that i learnt in this life, if you find the one, everything will work out so do not 'wait' to know him better, people hide their character and at the end of it all, they change. As for the fact that he is an arab man, why let it bother you? People have their own opinions and it is okay, just learn that man and find out if you can trust him against all the world.
jordannabird
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance