Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia Or Propaganda

Topic locked
Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia or Propaganda Oct 23, 2011
Herve, caps, gertrude all desperately want to believe an internet hoax that 450 child brides got married in Gaza in a mass wedding. This just didn't happen - the photos of the grooms with bridesmaids was presented as proof of paedophillia in Islam in a number of blogs and edited youtube clips.

A Sky News reporter was there and reported on the wedding. He also, in no uncertain terms, addresses the hoax:
Oh and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.
The best response was on a site run by a Debbie Schlussel . The guy who posted it said he wasn't interested in the detail. The detail being the fact that the girls weren't the brides.

It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it re-inforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do. But Hamas, and the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up about them. Most of the stuff I read was outright, unthinking, gleeful, Islamophobia from people who clearly knew nothing about Arab popular culture. It's as is they really beleive that because there are examples of child brides, it means all weddings are with child brides.

Full article here:
Islamophobia. Ignorance Or Propaganda?
Tim Marshall
August 04, 2009 8:26 AM

So, I've gatecrashed a Hamas wedding party in Gaza, as you do.

The party is for 450 grooms, the brides are elsewhere, some among the 5,000 or so guests. It's the way things are done here, Personally I'm for the mixing of the sexes, but I'm not about to argue, I'm outnumbered.
Up on the stage there's music and dancing. Everyone's having a good time, even me, although the Hamas robocops are making me a little nervous. Sure Hamas have cold blooded killers among them, sure they support the murder of children in Israel,sure they are cracking down on women's rights, but many of their supporters are just ordinary people. And they need a break.

The men and women are sitting, Most ignore the speeches, some even ignore the prayers. Then the fireworks
explode, the cheering begins, and in march the Hamas scouts, bashing drums, looking every inch the future Hamas fighters many will be. Then the grooms, aged about 18 to about 28. They are holding hands with their young nieces and cousins, little girls aged from about 3 to 8, made up to the nines, wearing white wedding dresses.

Up they all go to the stage, the cheering and music grows ever louder. The girls were having the time of their lives, but, getting a little bored after a while, came down off the stage to dance with each other and play games.

Our report on this put it into context saying that it took place just a mile from the Israeli border and was a message from Hamas about its strength confidence and future fighters. Oh and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.

Dozens, and I mean dozens, of websites took the video of the event and wrote lurid stories about Hamas mass paedophilia with headlines about '450 child brides', and endless copy about how disgusting this was, how it showed how depraved Islam is, et al, ad infinitum. Site after site jumped on the story, linking from one totally wrong load of rubbish to the next . I'll give credit to Tundra Tabloids who at least took down the video, but most sites just ploughed on regardless.

I spent a few hours visiting websites and leaving comments where I could. To little avail. Instead I received a steady stream of vitriol. The best response was on a site run by a Debbie Schlussel . The guy who posted it said he wasn't interested in the detail. The detail being the fact that the girls weren't the brides.

It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it re-inforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do. But Hamas, and the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up about them. Most of the stuff I read was outright, unthinking, gleeful, Islamophobia from people who clearly knew nothing about Arab popular culture. It's as is they really beleive that because there are examples of child brides, it means all weddings are with child brides.

Some sites went so far as to complain that the mainstream media were complicit in paedophilia because they had reported the mass wedding but failed to mention that little girls were about to be raped that night. And so it went on, and on.

Perhaps I was making up the fact that the brides were elsewhere. It's possible. But who would you believe, the reporter who went to the event, or a desperately poor version of citizen journalist, sitting at home, making things up, not checking anything, and either unknowingly or deliberately, writing hysterical anti Islamic nonsense.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/foreignmatter ... 1135ba6417

And yet, as he says - so many even here desperately want to believe the lies.

And yet, the facts are clear - and indeed, the evidence is on the videos and in official denouncements of the hoax:
Jarbour, like two other top officials contacted by WND, was offended by the suggestion Hamas would marry off little girls.

He explained the minors seen in the video were family of the bride or groom. He said it was tradition for little girls to dress in gowns similar to the bride. He said the little girls walking down the aisle with the grooms are family members of either the bride or groom.

A WND review of the video found some of the little girls, speaking in Arabic, state they are at the wedding of a family member. The girls interviewed do not say anything about themselves getting married.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=106002#ixzz1bZS1khwm

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia or Propaganda Oct 23, 2011
Are you sitting on your repeat button this morning?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia Or Propaganda Oct 23, 2011
Please don't troll this thread BM, there's a dear.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well I guess that's what you get when you feed a troll.
Bethsmum

Indeed, my thoughts exactly. Now, can you please either stay on topic or start another thread. I'm asking politely. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thanks for putting it in a nutshell there Shaf. It won't get through to the Islamophobes though - they want to believe that those photos are of 450 forced child marriages.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I think he already said that about 50 times on two other topics.
Bethsmum

Or they will just make inane comments...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

what's inane mean?
Bethsmum

kanelli wrote:Thanks for putting it in a nutshell there Shaf. It won't get through to the Islamophobes though - they want to believe that those photos are of 450 forced child marriages.

As opposed to those who wanted to believe the story of the Israeli court ordering a dog to be stoned after it was retracted by the media?

The only thing desperate in this thread is the thread itself.
event horizon

Ahh, a whataboutery argument - totally irrelevant to this thread, but I guess eh couldn't quite come and defend herve and caps for believing in the hoax. Whataboutery is always a sign of desperation - especially funny ones lie eh's attempt here.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia Or Propaganda Oct 27, 2011
event horizon wrote:
kanelli wrote:Thanks for putting it in a nutshell there Shaf. It won't get through to the Islamophobes though - they want to believe that those photos are of 450 forced child marriages.

As opposed to those who wanted to believe the story of the Israeli court ordering a dog to be stoned after it was retracted by the media?

It is foolish for anyone to believe in a hoax. If someone falls for it without checking the truthfulness of the story, and then admits it was a hoax after seeing proof, that is different than someone continuing to believe in the hoax because it suits their ideologies.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia Or Propaganda Oct 28, 2011
kanelli wrote:
event horizon wrote:

It is foolish for anyone to believe in a hoax. If someone falls for it without checking the truthfulness of the story, and then admits it was a hoax after seeing proof, that is different than someone continuing to believe in the hoax because it suits their ideologies.

Did you not read my post?
event horizon

Maybe you didn't comprehend mine. If Shaf still believes that an Israeli court ordered that a dog be stoned even after media retracted the story, it is just as foolish as you guys still believing that those photos are of a mass child wedding even after it has been proven false.

Understand?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia or Propaganda Oct 28, 2011
Really? What's the amount of time for someone to believe in a hoax before they're considered a nutjob? Why does shafique still need to believe in the made up story before he becomes just as foolish as other posters?

Do you hold the same criteria for the other posters you're referring to - do they need to believe in the pedophile story for several months before you'll comment on them?

Try to prove to the rest of us you still have some grey matter left.

The story was proven to be a hoax almost as soon as the story broke and our resident Antisemite continued to believe the story after BBC and other news outlets retracted their reports.

I have no idea what you mean in saying that I believed in a story I did not comment on other than an attempt by a dimwit to poison the well.

You're not very smart, but FD has already painstakingly established that.
event horizon

LOL - I think eh is trying to say that anyone still believing this hoax is a nutjob. Herve and the gang were very insistent that it was real - and are really, really gutted that it's all a hoax.

As for the dog story - note that eh doesn't give a link and is spinning this for all his worth. Ultimately a fail though - this thread is about loons desperately wanting to believe a hoax.

And let's not forget, eh has also presented a complete hoax as fact too (come to think of it, it seems to be a trait to present hoaxes as real news.. hmm):
dubai-politics-talk/fox-news-let-down-t42289.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Then why not provide the link for us to read you desperately insisting the story was real after the reports had long been retracted?
event horizon

LOL - stop spinning eh, keep on topic. Whataboutery is not going to help herve and the gang.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

FD and you haven't proven a single thing about my intelligence except shown that when you are intolerant of others' views you attack their intelligence without the goods to back it up.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:FD and you haven't proven a single thing about my intelligence except shown that when you are intolerant of others' views you attack their intelligence without the goods to back it up.

The fact you can't coherently respond to simple questions is more than enough for me to make determinations about you.

Really? What's the amount of time for someone to believe in a hoax before they're considered a nutjob? Why does shafique still need to believe in the made up story before he becomes just as foolish as other posters?

Do you hold the same criteria for the other posters you're referring to - do they need to believe in the pedophile story for several months before you'll comment on them?

The story was proven to be a hoax almost as soon as the story broke and our resident Antisemite continued to believe the story after BBC and other news outlets retracted their reports.

I have no idea what you mean in saying that I believed in a story I did not comment on other than an attempt by a dimwit to poison the well.
event horizon

eh - try and keep on topic. This thread is about herve etc and their belief in this hoax - even after all the facts about the hoax were revealed.

Spinning the story about the dog won't change what actually happened in that thread, nor does it help herve and the others that desperately insisted the hoax was true.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

a
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

You're wrong again herve.

This thread is about the hoax you desperately believed to be true, but wasn't. Check the facts to avoid future embarrassment.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia Or Propaganda Oct 29, 2011
shafique wrote:You're wrong again herve.

This thread is about the hoax you desperately believed to be true, but wasn't. Check the facts to avoid future embarrassment.

Cheers,
Shafique

You've been keeping your head down since you embarrased yourself about child marriages.
Bethsmum

LOL - you really must seem somebody about these strange delusions you're having BM.

But back to this thread - herve realised his error and deleted his post above, so that's a good baby step. Now, how long will it take for him to realise his other errors?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Paedophillia Hoax: Islamophobia or Propaganda Oct 29, 2011
What error.? another lie of yours?
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve - really, are you serious?

Above, you initially wrote 'this thread is about Islam..' and I had to correct you. My post is still there, you've deleted yours!

Who is lying? Who has no credibility? Name calling is all you have left, and you're not very good at that either. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk