Muslima Liberated

Topic locked
Muslima Liberated Jan 31, 2012
Hi BM, I am back, fora short while.
Shakila, the ex-Muslim living in a Muslim country has a new post up about Muslim men, Muslim women, the burka and forced marriage.
“It breaks my heart to see a woman being treated worse than an animal. On top of that, they actually feel they are doing the right thing by subjugating themselves to the tyranny of their husbands or fathers.”
“So many of my friends have been forcefully married off against their will to their cousins or other men chosen by their families. These women have been suffering for years and probably would stay in a loveless marriage for as long as they live, mainly because they do not have a a choice. Period.”
http://liberatednow.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... nd-me.html

herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Muslima Liberated Feb 01, 2012
herve wrote:Hi BM, I am back, fora short while.

Hi Herve. Welcome back to DF. It's nice to see you back.

--- Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:57 am ---

herve wrote:“So many of my friends have been forcefully married off against their will to their cousins or other men chosen by their families. These women have been suffering for years and probably would stay in a loveless marriage for as long as they live, mainly because they do not have a a choice. Period.”

I think many women are now brainwashed into thinking they are choosing their own husband when in reality the husband is still chosen by some Aunty in Pakistan. These women will never know what it is to meet a man and have the thrill of falling in love.
I can't imagine what it must be like to meet your husband for the first time on your wedding day and be expected to consumate that marriage with someone you have just met.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Muslima Liberated Feb 01, 2012
Welcome back from here too Herve, it's good to see a balanced forum once again instead of the usual suspects constantly trolling for attention.

There are signs of the liberation of the female population here in Dubai, especially among the younger generations, it will all come with education and time.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk