China And Women (WJ TY)

Topic locked
Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 15, 2010
Deal. The winter will be very long but pay attention that we have an enormous import duty for vodka. Our genuine product with a price tag 3 euro per liter cannot compete with cheap Western immitation. :wink:

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:Deal. The winter will be very long but pay attention that we have an enormous import duty for vodka. Our genuine product with a price tag 3 euro per liter cannot compete with cheap Western immitation. :wink:

Agreed. I'll bring Euro's instead and support the local economy. Do I need a gun? 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

RobbyG wrote:Do I need a gun? 8)

Sure. To intimidate brown bears on the Red Square. They like genuine vodka too. Why are you asking?

You don't watch Fox News regularly. Right? :idea:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Do I need a gun? 8)

Sure. To intimidate brown bears on the Red Square. They like genuine vodka too. Why are you asking?

You don't watch Fox News regularly. Right? :idea:

:D I was thinking about a little protection against these warriors. After a long winter I might get ravish appetite for a chicken leg... or is that included at your cottage?

RobbyG

If I were you I would rather surrender. :oops:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:If I were you I would rather surrender. :oops:

If only it was that easy. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Yep, my friend. After THAT winter you might be alive and even have some desire. I am not sure about ability though. :sign10:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Are you challenging me? Wanna bet I swim faster than you...? :twisted:

Not sure about endurance though. :lol:
RobbyG

Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 16, 2010
Where are you going to swim? Just name of the person. :oops:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:Where are you going to swim? Just name of the person. :oops:

Tatjana Simic. :wink:

RobbyG

Mmmmm.... Slavic type. Rob, you have a good taste I must say. However, you gotta have tons of money to decorate this jewel owing to a few appearances in Playboy even though she looks even better without any.

Well... I'd rather surrender previous Tanya. Her blond hair looks more natural. :wink:

Keep dreaming.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:Keep dreaming.

Wide awake once again: See US Debt Clock in real time >>> http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The financial bomb.
RobbyG

Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 17, 2010
Well Rob,
We chaoticaly discussed a few topics: nuclear winter, Tanya twice (very interesting topic) and bloody America (I cannot disagree) but let's return to your "religion" and its "prophet" von Hayek.

I mean an assumption (in my view rather dangerous one) that prices automaticaly regulate everything, including employment. I believe that you gave up too easy. Although there has been no a pure experiment, the barroness Thatcher tried to follow Hayek's ideas as stricktly as possible by distroying trade unions and ineffective industries. Before the credit crunch the UK had relatively small debt and good balance sheet.

What do you think? I guess Sir Shafique has something to add.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

As enjoyable as this discussion is - it is so off topic now (as RC implies), please could you start a new thread.

I'll happily join in where I've got something to add or clarify - but you knew that anyway, didn't you. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I have always appreciated your view as an insider. :lol:

Unfortunately the format of DF is not very suitable for that.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

New topic created in Politics section: The Business Cycle Theory - Economics

Add your questions and lets continue the discussion in a more structured manner.
RobbyG

Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 20, 2010
No background check on the reporter; Some figures are provided with no sources, but for those who might be interested, this is something readable:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas ... genumber=1

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas ... genumber=2
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 24, 2010
WhiteJade wrote:No background check on the reporter; Some figures are provided with no sources, but for those who might be interested, this is something readable:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas ... genumber=1

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas ... genumber=2

When you look at China and the problem it faces with demographics...amazing.

One child policy = unbalanced males/females ratio, economic growth problem from retirement boom 15-20 years from now, clean water shortages etc

No child policy = runaway population growth, extreme water shortages, unemployment

Headache... :roll:
RobbyG

Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 25, 2010
Two of Google Inc.'s partners in China have reportedly announced they will stop working with the search company in light of its decision to stop censoring content there.

The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that Tianya, which runs online forums has plans to continue operating without Google (NASDAQ:GOOG).

The Financial Times reported that China Unicom has also said it will take Google search off of its new handsets that were developed with the Mountain View company.

"Though Google left, we still need to continue offering our services to our customers and meet our clients' requests," the Journal quoted Tianya CEO Xing Ming as saying. "There were many fields we were planning to cooperate on, such as online video, and though we just got a license to provide online video, Google has left. So we will run the video business by ourselves."

Tianya has reportedly also taken full control of Tianya Laiba, a social-networking service, and Tianya Wenda, a question-and-answer service.

The Financial Times quoted Unicomm's President Lu Yimin as saying, "We are willing to work with any company that abides by Chinese law . . . we don’t have any co-operation with Google currently."

Google this week stopped censoring its Web sites in China and began re-directing users to a Chinese language Web site in Hong Kong, where free speech rights are more tolerated.

That action came after Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) said in January that a cyberattack originating from China targeted human rights activists and broke into more than 20 companies' systems.

The announcement triggered an international debate over Internet censorship and espionage. China has strongly denied any involvement.

http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjose/ ... ?ana=e_pft

WJ, You can watch my video's now. The ones I planted earlier on! :wink:
RobbyG

Re: China and Women (WJ TY) Mar 30, 2010
But now you can't view them anylonger...

BEIJING—Google Inc.'s search sites suddenly stopped working in China on Tuesday, fueling speculation that the government had blocked the sites in what would represent a sharp escalation of its battle with the U.S. Internet giant a week after it stopped obeying censorship rules.

Users in China are reporting no access to Google searches. Although the Chinese government has not taken responsibility for the actions, they may be behind it, Aaron Back reports from Beijing.

Users in cities across China starting late Tuesday afternoon reported that all searches—even of terms as mundane as "happy"—on Google's Hong Kong site produced an error message saying the results page couldn't be opened. Google stopped operating its self-censored Chinese search site on March 22 and began routing Chinese users to the Hong Kong site, which Google doesn't censor. Searches by Chinese users on Google's main global site, Google.com, also returned error messages Tuesday.

Users in some cities said they couldn't access Google.cn, the mainland Chinese Web address Google has long used, which since last week has automatically sent users to the Hong Kong site. Google's music search service also appeared to be inaccessible.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 31700.html
RobbyG

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk