Hi-Speed Internet In Dubai

Topic locked
Hi-Speed Internet in Dubai Feb 27, 2013
Here are the current top speed internet connections for home users.

Etisalat - 100 MB/s
Du - 24 MB/s

Dose anybody know if there is a higher than 100 MB/s internet connection in Dubai?

In US with Google fiber, they offer 1 GB/s (1024 mb/s), can you imagine if we have that much internet speed in Dubai? :roll: :roll:

voxlon
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Hi-Speed Internet In Dubai Apr 08, 2013
Whats the maximum speed Etisalat offers with affordable price range?
udebei
Dubai Forum User

Re: Hi-Speed Internet In Dubai Apr 10, 2013
MB is the notation for megabytes not megabits.

Etisalat provides speeds of up to 100 megabits per second which is 100 Mb/s not 100 MB/s

100 megabits is only about 12.5 megabytes
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Hi-Speed Internet In Dubai May 30, 2013
voxlon , I am looking for BTV HD IPTV Receiver, you have any idea where should i get it.

Thanks
Judij
BANNED

undefined Jul 26, 2014
8 bits = 1 byte so 8 mbps is 1 megabyte per sec but i tried through a vps using 80 mbps it appears that it downloads 50 megabytes in 3 -> 5 seconds
i think internet is 8mb/ tick which is i guess less than the second and make sure that every device connected to the internet provide its own speed

as for downloading and gaming you may reveal to your self that cables have a faster connection lower ping you get as usual of 4 3 ms because of wifi connection I prefer using the cable but I actually don't use them.
For hosting, website managing i prefer you buy a dedicated or a virtual private server to host your own things they provide you with a huge amount of upload speed such as http://locationvps.com/ i tried it, I think its the best decision yet but if UAE also provide a dedicated servers and high speed internet with lower prices that would be good
because google fiber is actually 38$ in US which i checked a website that explains me that and 38$ is like 150Dirhams
which can be much affordable but seems like the location of UAE is not the right place to have that fast internet.

Check out http://www.speedtest.com/ to test your internet speed, inform us with your results if you like to share it.
hamoodi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Aug 01, 2014
Etisalat has a package of 500 megaBYTES per second fr 5000 aed a month...thts wht i am using and its superfast
AKSHATMADAN
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Nov 25, 2014
5000 aed thats around 1370$, well google fiber is for 70$ with double speed
Etisalat are just too expensive in everything
omar123
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Hi-Speed Internet In Dubai Dec 06, 2014
guys i am having etisalat 10 Mb/s and when i download things from u torrent or bit torrent the download speed it never reaches above 1 mega byte is that normal? and what should i do in order to make my internet reach its highest possible speed???????
7akee97
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Feb 18, 2015
cuz 10Mb = 1.25 MB
so its almost normal , i have the same thing too .. basically theres a difference between a megabit and a megabyte it goes like 8 megabit = 1 megabyte :D
S3xyKitKat
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk