Rdbss.sys And Blue Screen On Comp, Help!

Topic locked
rdbss.sys and Blue Screen on Comp, Help! Apr 19, 2007
saalam
I have been getting the rdbss.sys blue screens for months on the computer, and I don't know how to fix it.
saalam

SheikhOnDeRun
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 19, 2007
can you give us the exact error code you get when the blue screen appears? and what operating system are you running with which service pack?

Also, do you have any USB devices you recently installed?

You can try the following:

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode (if it lets u get there) by pressing the F8 key
2. Rename the rdbss.sys and copy a fresh copy from your OS CD. I'm guessing ur running Windows XP and have the Windows XP CD
3. Restart machine.

if you still get the BS, then

1. unplug all USB devices
2. go into bios and disable usb devices
3. go into safe mode, un-install all usb drivers and re-install them. your manufacturer's website will have the USB Root hub drivers. Make sure u download the drivers before un-installing it
3. Restart machine

Still BS,

1. Try running Windows XP Repair

If all this doesn't work,

1. Remove your hard drive and use an USB to SATA/IDE drive and copy the data on it to another computer
2. Put the hard drive back and Rebuild your machine. Don't forget to load all Updates and don't forget your latest service pack
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2007
Just some information on what the rdbss.sys is

Full Form: Redirected Drive Buffering SubSystem Driver

Description: File rdbss.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 174592 bytes (88% of all occurrence), 163328 bytes, 170112 bytes, 163840 bytes.
The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. File rdbss.sys is a Windows system file. The program has no visible window. It is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. rdbss.sys seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 0% dangerous.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as rdbss.sys, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the rdbss.sys process on your pc whether it is pest.

And I almost forgot, go into safe mode, click on START, RUN, type MSCONFIG

check all the tabs for the rdbss.sys file. If you see it anywhere, uncheck it, apply and restart your machine
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk