Is Etisalat Smart Or Google..

Topic locked
Is etisalat smart or google.. Sep 17, 2006
Heheh..

I really cant guess who is smart here. Etisalat or Google.

I searched for something while the domain name was google.ae & was suprised to see that the 'Cache' button has vanished.

I ran the search again on google.com & there it was the cached button.. right there...

Now, i suspect one of the idi0ts who requested the proxy bypassing :evil: documentation from me must have been from etisalat or google Or perhaps google must have by itself removed the option.

but how come they are available when viewing from "google.com" ..

Now thats it..no more proxy bypassing, no more tips & tricks..i am actually loosing my own resource(s)

any comments ??? :evil:

ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
Ahamed thats a good observation. Google will conform to the local rules and laws in each country specific domain. For example when you do searches on Google.cn which is the chinese domain you will find that google censors the searches and will remove entries from your searches which is conforming to what the Chinese goverment has asked. So lets say one day Etisalat decides to block google.com google.ae will still work and it will follow the rules of the country. Did this make sense to you ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
If that is the case, then here is another one.

3CX is a VOIP Dialer and a Phone System IP-PBX.
Etisalat has blocked www.3cx.com

Now this company has a domain www.3cx.ae & that Site is unblocked.

If etisalat guys say VOIP is completely blocked then why did they allow the 3cx ppl to register this domain which has a lot to do with VOIP + 3cx.ae is accessible.

But unfortunaetly, majority of the links are blocked coz they link to 3cx.'com'

I dont understand this. What does these people want.

Wasnt internet supposed to be free & open to all !! God Gracious. This is crazy.

If they dont allow VOIP, why did they allow this domain under their TLD.

Someday they are going to block our hotmail & we will be doing nothing !
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
I Doubt Maaad is workign for etisalat !! :evil: lol ... :lol:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
If VOIP is blocked,

how come Microsoft Uses VOIP in DIC to route calls to agents in U.S ??
And why are the permitted.

Dont give me the reason that they are giants n shhhhhhhhh!ts
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
ahamed wrote:I Doubt Maaad is workign for etisalat !! :evil: lol ... :lol:

No i don't work for Etisalat, do i sound that stupid ? :D

(no offense to anyone who does work for them)

as for the company you are talking about seems like Etisalat dont review the sites that are hosted on the .ae domain. Anyway if you do anything illegal on a .ae domain it will be very easy to catch you and castrate you since you cant register a domain unless you give them a copy of passport/trade license AFAIK.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
ahamed wrote:If VOIP is blocked,

how come Microsoft Uses VOIP in DIC to route calls to agents in U.S ??
And why are the permitted.

Dont give me the reason that they are giants n shhhhhhhhh!ts

No the reason is that they are using it over there own network and not on public infrastructure.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
thanks dude,

atleast now i can use VOIP through VPN. Are you sure that using it in own network segment is not restricted by them ???

Any reference ?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
ahamed wrote:thanks dude,

atleast now i can use VOIP through VPN. Are you sure that using it in own network segment is not restricted by them ???

Any reference ?

Yes you should be fine. I dont have any references but if your on VPN its encrypted then there is no way in hell they can even find out what traffic is going thru.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
Hmm.. have to consider that

I am sure even if i change the ports while hosting a SIP Server & a gateway here, they can track out the VOIP Packets...
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
ahamed wrote:Hmm.. have to consider that

I am sure even if i change the ports while hosting a SIP Server & a gateway here, they can track out the VOIP Packets...

How will you be connecting to the server via a VPN ? then no way its all encrypted and all the traffic looks the same to the ISP. THats the whole point of a VPN.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
i know that ..

i was speaking about having a SIP Server publicly ( no VPN ).

Lets speak about the speed. I think i have to wait a minute or so before i can hear the opposite party .. ? VPN is going to be slow.

Any suggestions ?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
ahamed you plan on setting this up on a public network (the internet?) or on your own corporate private internal network ? What are the lines connecting your branch offices or sites ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
I have 2 plans :

Plan 1 : Host an open SIP Server for everybody (This will be run privately)

Plan 2 : I want to host a SIP Server / VOIP Gateway for the company i work, through VPN. We already have the VPN & i got all the devices i need to connect the POTS/PSTN Lines of our office to other branch outside U.A.E.

Everything is going fine, what left is configuring the router for NAT/Firewall.

My only fear is that it is going to be slow if through VPN, i.e. First i speak, then the person speak after hearing me.

If i host it publicly for professional use, etisalat may block it, and impose a fine
Now, as you say, if it is allowed to use within our internal networks ( let it be VPN ), i want it to work fast. Using a STUN wont be good, messed up the internet line yesterday for 15 minutes because of it.

On a ADSL 2MB in Dubai, outside branch will be around or more than 512. Other branches on 1MB & 512 within U.A.E
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
Ahamed

your knowledge and help you have given people here in DF is fantastic and very much appreciated.

Could i ask that any information or knowledge you have, be restriced in "open forum " please mate.

You have already suspected what i suspect in that, i dont care what anyone thinks, these sort of forums are monitored by the "powers".

cheers
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 17, 2006
Oh .. Ok !! :x
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
this is another reason why i feel another more selective forum be set up.

It will keep this sort of conversation for our ears only.
arniegang

Sep 17, 2006
Hello again folks.. i've been off-board (overboard?) working too hard for a while, but:

I've been running Skype through an L2TP VPN tunnel to my office in the UK ever since they started blocking it. I'm on 1MB DSL here and the UK office is on a 2MB leased circuit. I was originally using a PPTP tunnel but that crapped out on me too much although I have a suspicion it may have been down to over-large MTU sizes. Either way, moving to L2TP solved the problem and it's been absolutely fine for all my Skype voice and low-framerate video calls since. I'm using the standard OSX client and the VPN host server is the standard one that comes with Win2k3 server.

SDB
shinydiscoballs
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 18, 2006
hey Shiney

welcome back matey

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Sep 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:this is another reason why i feel another more selective forum be set up.

It will keep this sort of conversation for our ears only.

I feel it too.....guys keep pressurinthe admin and smartd abt it :wink:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
Yo Shiny..

So you mean to say that if i use L2TP it is going to be faster ?

What about the MTU Packet size ? Wont it be overloaded, but just a lil bit lesser than the default (PPTP) ones?

Well as i posted in one of the threads earlier of a possibility of using webredirection/port redirection to connect to Skype. That can be an alternative to this solution of using VPN.

But once again, they are going to sniff the voice packets.

I was just wondering, if someone could write up a protocol or a TCP Stack of some sort to integrated with skype & the packets wont be sorted by etisalat.

I seriously have to try it over VPN & Monitor the transfer rate.

Another problem is, we get charged. The more bandwidth on Business One Connection.. the more you pay. ( * Above 25 Gb per month ) and i assume its going to go beyond 25 GB if we use VPN for voip & connecting branches.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2006
and by December 02 - 2006, i hope to make a total post of 200, right after 3 years
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2006
ahamed wrote:

Another problem is, we get charged. The more bandwidth on Business One Connection.. the more you pay. ( * Above 25 Gb per month ) and i assume its going to go beyond 25 GB if we use VPN for voip & connecting branches.

*sigh*. i know what you mean. I worked in DMC a few years ago and didnt know that they charged for bandwidth used. No1 in my company even knew. To make a long story short, I had to pay Dhs. 36,000 for 1.5 months usage. :(
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2006
hahahaah .. lol .. ahahahha .. :kermit:

Dude.. thats huge !!!

Now thats the only reason your company IT Admins, restricts you from downloading movies & mp3's..so respect them !
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:
*sigh*. i know what you mean. I worked in DMC a few years ago and didnt know that they charged for bandwidth used. No1 in my company even knew. To make a long story short, I had to pay Dhs. 36,000 for 1.5 months usage. :([/b]

man that sucks but how the hell did they prove it was you ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
they came.. they saw.. they conquered..

they saw 80 GB OF MP3's and another 100 GB of movies.. you know what i am talking about :roll:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2006
ahamed wrote:they came.. they saw.. they conquered..

they saw 80 GB OF MP3's and another 100 GB of movies.. you know what i am talking about :roll:

then they got a peice of goodies (mp3, moves and p0rn) and blamed indeea
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006

okay but how do they prove it was employee A not employee B and even if they did how can they prove it was actually him and not a virus and/or a trojan horse on his computer ? I would say unless they have an advanced infrastructure with user accountability its hard to prove.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

okay but how do they prove it was employee A not employee B and even if they did how can they prove it was actually him and not a virus and/or a trojan horse on his computer ? I would say unless they have an advanced infrastructure with user accountability its hard to prove.

easy she admitted
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
firstly.. might have found it on His/Her computer. Trojan/Viruses will never install bearshare of limewire.

And viruses/trojans are not s3x addicts
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk