Custom Gaming PC Shops In Dubai ?

Topic locked
Custom Gaming PC Shops in Dubai ? Aug 23, 2014
My 5 year old gaming and multi-purpose PC is about to die, which I custom built in a shop called Golden Systems Middle East (GSME) http://gse.ae/ located in http://www.alaincentre.com/ Computer Plaza in Bur Dubai. I am not sure if I should use the same people for my next powerful PC.

My current old setup:
-Windows 7 64 bit professional
-Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
-8GB DDR3 RAM
-Motherboard X58A-UD7
-I have 2 way SLI Nvida GTX 280
- A very dusty COOL MASTER HAF X
- Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 LED
- Keyboard: logitech keyboard g110
- FUNC.net original orange mouse pad
- Cheapish but good speakers.

Back then, I found GSE to be the most professional, but a bit pricey. However, with bargaining and scouting all shops and spending over 2 week at the computer plaza, I ended up buying a few things from other stores, but GSE assembled everything.

I don't know if Dubai's market is up to date with the latest technologies TODAY.
Usually everything comes late, and stays expensive for a long time and not all, but many of the IT geeks have no idea about what was just released abroad, in most cases they would have knowledge on what is available in Dubai..

I had thoughts of creating a custom build PC through online websites like originpc.com or cyberpowerpc.com , but I will be paying much more for labor and fake premium and shipping, they mark up on everything.

Below is what I have in mind for my next PC, and I am kinda looking for a one stop shop, or a computer geek I can trust.

Any suggestions, help and advice on price and locations, or anything else is much appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW setup:
((((( PC SPECIFICATIONS )))))

Case Options: -Full or Mid Tower -Dust proof with those dust filters I can pull out and wash with water easily -Sound Proof to an extent - I am looking for a Simple and Minimal case design

examples that I like:
- Fractal Design, their DEFINE series, but not sure if my motherboard would fit/

- NZXT is also ok
http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/137- ... -case.html

-----
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition (Bluetooth 4.0 / WiFi Onboard)
or ASUS Rampage V Extreme X99
-----
Processors: Haswell-E i7 - 5960X
-----
Graphic Cards: Single - 6GB NVIDIA GTX Titan Black
-----
Memory: DDR4 ?
Looking at 32gb or 64gb because I also do heavy 3D work, Video editing, and Large Photoshop editing files.
-----
Operating System: 7 professional, since windows 9 is still not out, and 8 sucks.
-----
Operating System Drive #1: 1TB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD
Operating System Drive #2: 2TB, 3TB or even 4TB Solid State Hybrid Drive or 6 TB seagate at 7200
-----
Media Card Reader: 40-in-1 Media Card Reader, looking for a good brand
-----
Audio card: ?
-----
Power Supply: 1200W (Silent) (Not sure of the best brand or if the power watt is good)
-----
Blue ray 16x ?

What else?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

((((( ADDITIONAL )))))

Monitor: ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q G-Sync
[or]
Monitor: BenQ XL2720G G-Sync Gaming
both have TN panels.
I cannot find any new/good IPS monitor with less than 5ms
-----
Keyboard: Logitech G710+
or
NEW - Das Keyboard 4 Professional
or
NEW - RAZER CHROMA

(and somewhere to lazer engrave Arabic letters properly)
-----
Mouse: Steel Series: Sensei or ...

Thank you :)

bdr47
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Aug 25, 2014
hello have you tried gear-up.me or pcstore.me? i got my parts from both of the sites and to be honest with you gear-up.me has the best prices i have a ever seen in dubai and its limited options in computer parts, also i tried desertcart.com they also have amazing prices but they take about 2 to 3 weeks to deliver trust me build your own so you can upgrade it later without being scared to touch it

--- Aug 25, 2014 ---

also if you have any questions i can answer whatever you want and don't be fooled about the prices here always check the prices on newegg.com or amazon.com and compare them to dubai prices its ok to be 100 aed or 200 aed more because of the shipping and stuff
abstiffler
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Custom Gaming PC Shops In Dubai ? Aug 31, 2014
i7 - 5960X was just recently released.
Also DDR4.
I really doubt you will find all this in Dubai at the moment, have to wait a little imho.

Regarding monitor with less then 5ms response time. As a 3d artists I really do not understand all the fuss about this.
When doing 3d you have to spend much more computing resources to create motion blur effect so that the final rendering looks more realistic.
In real life if you look forward and turn your head fast you will notice that everything is motion blurred. Motion blur is something natural.
Why this is not appreciated in games is beyond me.

I would go with an IPS screen like Dell UltraSharp U2412M or Asus pa279q
DFT
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

undefined Sep 13, 2014
Why do you say your current rig is "about to die"? I'd wait a few months to a year if Haswell-E and DDR4 is a must. If your current rig can still last that long (with a little hardware cleaning and a software reinstall), better, as the new tech would be mature with some of the bugs weeded out by the time you purchase. Latest and greatest has the disadvantage of paying premium price and the risk of being the informal testbed for bugs, but comes with bragging rights.

Regardless, my thoughts on the other specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition (Bluetooth 4.0 / WiFi Onboard) or ASUS Rampage V Extreme X99
- Nice high end boards. Do you overclock? If you're running stock, I'd get a WS class board with the right bells and whistles, instead of a gamer/OC board.
-----
Processors: Haswell-E i7 - 5960X
- You could go for a Xeon instead. It is basically an i7 without the video, which you won't really use since you'll have a discrete card. It comes with more cache, too, which gives more grunt for your processing/editing needs. This will save you a few hundred.
-----
Graphic Cards: Single - 6GB NVIDIA GTX Titan Black
- nice monster of a card with a monster price tag. Not the best in price/performance ratio, but, your preference. You could also opt for workstation drives, but those are pricey, too, for the mediocre output it brings.
-----
Memory: DDR4 ?
- as noted above. 'Will need a compatible mobo; I''m unsure if the one you listed above are.
-----
Operating System: 7 professional, since windows 9 is still not out, and 8 sucks.
- totally agree.
-----
Operating System Drive #1: 1TB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD
- do you really need 1TB for an OS drive? Unless you have about 50 or so heavy progs, a 256GB will suit you well, or 2x 256GB. This capacity is the best priced today.

Operating System Drive #2: 2TB, 3TB or even 4TB Solid State Hybrid Drive or 6 TB seagate at 7200
- I'd go for the slower 5400 or 5600 mech drive for pure storage. Performance difference is negligible, consumes less power and runs cooler, which usually means longer life.
-----
Media Card Reader: 40-in-1 Media Card Reader, looking for a good brand
- These are all pretty even, regardless of brand, and costs less than AED 50
-----
Audio card: ?
- if you're going for a premium board, it usually comes with premium sound. Then again, if you're an audiophile...
-----
Power Supply: 1200W (Silent) (Not sure of the best brand or if the power watt is good)
- check your parts' total power consumption then set that at 50-60% of your total PSU capacity for the best efficiency. You don't need more. Gone are the days of power hungry components, well, except for that monster graphics card of yours. Read reviews.
-----
Blue ray 16x ?
- BD has been around for years but I've never really found much use for it, TBH. Flash drives, baby!

HTH.

- L
leonetu
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Oct 27, 2014
if you need gaming parts, pre built gaming systems you can check www.computerpad.ae
5thdawg
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Custom Gaming PC Shops In Dubai ? Dec 07, 2014
Cheap Computer parts, gaming parts, all about computers Services, repairs please visit our online Computer StoreAmazing prices and Deals

www.computerpad.ae

computerpadae
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Feb 17, 2015
do you need high end gaming machine? I have bought from ARG at Computer Plaza it is working perfectly, for pre built gaming systems or customize you can contact www.argdistribution.com
bzsaleem
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Apr 22, 2015
Hi you can
go with the http://www.bariumtechnologies.com , they have all the gaming components with good brands like Antec for gaming system and PNY for Gaming card.. You will get best prices along with I you wish to buy another products like Samsung SSD, keyboard, gaming mouse so you can by there.. They have all the best brands and latest technologies..

I usually contact them to buy gaming products for me or my friends..

Contact person is there Arsh 0569246685.. He is as well nice guy and can suggest you best thing..

Regards
TOM :D
singhjabbal
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jul 06, 2015
i want to sell my computer where can i sell it?
saifbh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk