What Do All Expats Do After Working Hours, Social Network In

Topic locked
What do all expats do after working hours, social network in Feb 09, 2009
Hi All,

I am planning to come to Dubai, even though the times are clearly not better there than anywhere else... but nevertheless..

My question is, what do you do in Dubai on weekends and after work. How´s the culture like in the city, it is not like going out for a drink after work I suppose? drink converted to coffee maybe?

I lived in a few countries in Europe and there when you socialize it is often with other expats only.... not so much with the locals sadly...
Perhaps Dubai is different? Do loacs like the expats?

and one more question, do expats bring their pets with them?they handle the heat?

Nivine79
Dubai Forum User

Feb 10, 2009
What do you mean no drink! Of course there is!

Yes, most of us terrible westerners can be found in a drunken state at the weekends.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: What do all expats do after working hours, social networ Feb 10, 2009
Nivine79 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to come to Dubai, even though the times are clearly not better there than anywhere else... but nevertheless..

My question is, what do you do in Dubai on weekends and after work. How´s the culture like in the city, it is not like going out for a drink after work I suppose? drink converted to coffee maybe?

I lived in a few countries in Europe and there when you socialize it is often with other expats only.... not so much with the locals sadly...
Perhaps Dubai is different? Do loacs like the expats?

and one more question, do expats bring their pets with them?they handle the heat?

Are you a bandit?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum