Traffic Between Sharjah & Dubai Creek Area

Topic locked
Traffic Between Sharjah & Dubai Creek Area Feb 20, 2009
I've heard different stories, some people say not to stay in Sharjah because it takes hours to travel out of it.

Can someone give me a perspective about how bad traffic is and if it's not practical to stay in Sharjah?

Thanks

compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 20, 2009
Different stories? Is there anyone who says it's quick to travel from Sharjah to Dubai?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Traffic Between Sharjah & Dubai Creek Area Feb 20, 2009
compevo wrote:I've heard different stories, some people say not to stay in Sharjah because it takes hours to travel out of it.

Can someone give me a perspective about how bad traffic is and if it's not practical to stay in Sharjah?

Thanks

Traffic to and from Sharjah is bad during peak times, if you can afford to stay in Dubai that is the best.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 21, 2009
seriously, you live in Sharjah only if you work there or Fujairah (not a bad commute actually), or love spending 4 hours in a car each day travelling to/from Jebel Ali, or can't afford to live in Dubai/Jebel/Ali.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2009
When I look at the road system through the eyes of Google Earth, there are more ways to Rome than simply via SZR !!

Is that not an option or are you all so focussed on SZ road?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 21, 2009
To get from Sharjah to Dubai it's Emirates Road actually. You can take a long way round, out waay past Sharjah airport then back in via Khawaneej, I do it coming back from the bottle shop because I can't bear sitting in the traffic, takes maybe the same time as (or a bit more than) the hell that is Emirates Road but at least you're cruising along. :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2009
Theres a monorail planned from RAK to Dubai/AD as far as I read. Can't remember where I read it though...

edit: http://zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAWYA20060914043448
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 23, 2009
wistech wrote:I believe its worthy to pay double price to live in dubai, if you are working in dubai. Going and Coming Sharjah means, you destroy yourself in trafic.

You understand that a lot of people can't afford Dubai rents hence the decision to live in Sharjah.

Either that or they hate being at home with their families so much they prefer spending four hours in a car each day listening to Hit 96.7, Radio 1, etc :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum