Shopping For Expats

Topic locked
Shopping for Expats Mar 12, 2007
I'm thinking of starting a personalised shopping service for expats living where perhaps it might be difficult to purchase specific or everday items (anything). Do you think this service would work?

NicNac
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 12, 2007
i think anybody would want to have that service

sounds like a good idea dude, good luck
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Shopping for Expats Mar 12, 2007
NicNac wrote:I'm thinking of starting a personalised shopping service for expats living where perhaps it might be difficult to purchase specific or everday items (anything). Do you think this service would work?

It will work depending on your strategic location. There are some personalised shops in dubai for grocery items etc. There are sections in carrefour, choithram, Lulu for specific expats only.

DAISO is here for Japanese. There's Korean shop in jumeirah, De Belchoir for Filipinos, and Lulu for Indians & South Asia? (i am not sure).
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

NicNac wrote:I'm thinking of starting a personalised shopping service for expats living where perhaps it might be difficult to purchase specific or everday items (anything). Do you think this service would work?

Absolutely not!

There isn't much to do here for expats than go shopping. And many expats have maids or non-working spouses!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:

Absolutely not!

There isn't much to do here for expats than go shopping. And many expats have maids or non-working spouses!

Entreprenuers are risk-takers, innovative and optimistic. Let him conduct a study first, instead of just giving a straight answer of absolutely not!

I am an expat, don't have maids and i have more things to do (except this week). I would be glad to have more personalised service. It's easy, convenient and save time from shopping and not finding what i need & want.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:

Absolutely not!

Entreprenuers are risk-takers, innovative and optimistic. Let him conduct a study first, instead of just giving a straight answer of absolutely not!

I am an expat, don't have maids and i have more things to do (except this week). I would be glad to have more personalised service. It's easy, convenient and save time from shopping and not finding what i need & want.

I'm just trying to save some time, money and aggrevation for NicNac. But if any other fool (other than you) thinks this is a good idea then...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:

Absolutely not!

I'm just trying to save some time, money and aggrevation for NicNac. But if any other fool (other than you) thinks this is a good idea then...

than....

Giving an absolutely NO answer without considering its viability really saves time for a pessimist like you.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:

Absolutely not!

than....

Giving an absolutely NO answer without considering its viability really saves time for a pessimist like you.

the word is "then" as in "then...he/she can decide". Not "than"!!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:

Absolutely not!

than....

the word is "then" as in "then...he/she can decide". Not "than"!!

that's why i wrote the word "THAN..." if ever i will continue your sentence then it will be moved to games lounge. Complete the sentence game!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 12, 2007
I think the main market would be the high earners.

If you are talking just bits and pieces then you will be competing with small grocery outlets who have a small fleet of bicycle riders who will peddle through traffic for no more then 100 DHS a day (if that).

Another point you have to factor in as the traffic.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum