Nursing Jobs In Dubai?

Topic locked
Nursing Jobs in Dubai? Aug 18, 2007
Hi, I am hoping someone can give me some advice.

My Wife is a UK registered nurse. If we relocate through my job to Dubai what are the job opportunities for my wife in Nursing?

Is there a registration process? which are the best hospitals / GP's to work at? What salary should she expect? What other benefits are there?

We also have a 6 month old daughter. Would Hospitals have a creche? Alternatively what child care options are there?

Thanks
Andy b

Andy b
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 19, 2007
Would start on expatwoman.com or whatever it's called.

Yes, there's loads of nursing positions, however, they're often 6 days a week, 8 hour a day positions. This is negotiatable, but it may mean your wife has to enter in to the Arabic game of a lengthy negotiations so only do if if you can afford to live from one income for a while.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 19, 2007
Oops, on other topics.

Wages are OK but not exceptional (depending on what your wife does, think UK after tax equivalent), though again are negotiable (though usually they won't offer more money, they may offer more benefits or less hours as compensation).

Day care not provided, but loads of nurseries about, again take this in to account in your negotiations, if your wife needs to finish for 4pm then make this clear from the start and walk away if they won't give in (some will come back to you as they are a bit desperate, giving you a good negotiating position).
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 21, 2007
Hi, thanks for the information.

Is this the same for the International / Western Hospital?

We see many adverts in UK nursing magazines advertising very well paid jobs.

Thanks
Andy b
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum