I Need To File For A Divorce But I Don't Know Where He Is.

Topic locked
I need to file for a divorce but i don't know where he is. Apr 25, 2010
I'm here reaching out for help, I can explain in short so you can better understand my need for your help.

I am a chinese nationality and my husband is USA citizen. I have been worked in Dubai, UAE for about 8 years.
I met my husband online and he came to Dubai and we got married on April, 2005. We issued our marrieg paper through fom church and verified from local goverment, but we did not registed from both of our embassy in Dubai. He left Dubai to USA as soon as we receive the marriage paper. since that time I have had no contact with him despite my numerous emails and telephone calls to him.
I would like to get our marriage annulled and start divorce proceedings. I have no children, property or financial commitments and I have never domiciled with him as husband and wife

I seek no financial assistance in the form of any alimony, nor too do I seek to make any claim against him, I only seek a divorce from this person and have the marriage annulled.

I came back to china on July, 2006 from Dubai till now. I have been trying for the past 4 years. And thought i found a lawyer willing to help. But in the end i just lost a lot of money and did not get a divorce. It seems i cant find some one honest to help me. I just want my life back and i feel trapped with this marriage.

The truth is I am having a relationship with another american guy in china. We are together for four years now. We truly love each other and wants to get married in USA. and we want to apply the fiancee visa to USA in china. I am not sure if you know the rules on fiancee visa to USA or not. I have to be single before i apply this visa with my boyfriend.
The fact is I applied a visiter visa twice two years back in China with my present boyfriend. It got turned down. and I also did a stupid thing and mentioned on the application form that I married with another american man in Dubai. and the USA embassy in china also had my finger print. So i belive they do have my record on the computer.
thats why i want to annul my marriage or get divorce in Dubai. Thats what i have been fighting for the past four years. I truly need your help on my situation.
I want to thank you for your time in advance, Your advise and information will be appreciate.Thx again!!!

vincci
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I Need To File For A Divorce But I Don't Know Where He I Apr 25, 2010
Hes back in USA your back in china, the marriage certificate is here is Dubai, as per your story none of your embassies know about it. I dont see the problem. It never happened. Trapped in this marriage ? What marriage ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: I Need To File For A Divorce But I Don't Know Where He I Apr 26, 2010
thx for the reply. but i thought the same like you at begaining, I dont think there will be problem for me to get married in china and start my new life. The truth is I am having a relationship with an american guy in china. We are together for four years now. We truly love each other and wants get married in USA. and we want to apply the fiancee visa in china. I am not sure if you know the rules on fiancee visa to USA or not. I have to be single before i apply this visa with my boyfriend. thats why i want to annul my marriage or get divorce in Dubai. Thats what i have been fighting for the past four years. I truly need your help on my situation.
Your advise and information will be appreciate.Thx again!!!
vincci
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I need to file for a divorce but i don't know where he i Apr 26, 2010
The fact that neither of you registered the marriage in your respective Embassies it would appear that, for all intents and purposes, you are married in Dubai and that's as far as it goes. There is no record of the marriage in China or the US, so I would say consider yourself single. Move forward, apply for the visa, go to the States, get married, and live a wonderful life!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: I Need To File For A Divorce But I Don't Know Where He I Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the reply, Bora. The fact is I applied a visiter visa twice two years back in China with my present boyfriend. It got turned down. and I also did a stupid thing and mentioned on that application form I married with another american man in Dubai. and the USA embassy also had my finger print. So i belive they do have my record on the computer. thats why i am scared to apply the fiancee visa now. Dont know what to do with this messed up marriage. really hate it so much for what i have done. I am also looking for a way to get annulled the marriage in Dubai. Does anyone know the procedure to annulled the arriage in Dubai? Appreciate with the reply and advise.
vincci
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I Need To File For A Divorce But I Don't Know Where He I May 11, 2010
I'm Bumping your old post here and deleteing your new one as its a cut and paste of the OT here
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

undefined Jan 22, 2014
Thanks to this great man of spirit called Dr. Akuobisi which I don't
know how to thank him for the good work he has done for me and my family
which I want to share my testimony to you all, I was married to Ninoen
and my name is Julie for six years my husband left me with our two kids
without any reason, and i was so confuse that I don't know what to do.so
one day i cam across an old friend of mine, who I exposed my pain to
about my depression which I have be looking for who to help me out with a
good solution. Then she told me about Dr. Akuobisi, how this great man
help her out when she was also having the same problem with her boy