Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint?

Topic locked
Loud Mosque Speaker, Where to Complaint? Jun 24, 2012
Well I'm a Muslim and really tired of this Ultra Loud Speaker of Mosque right in front of my Building. Apparently the Imam broadcasts the whole Prayer on speaker and it is so loud that it is impossible to have a phone conversation even inside my room when the prayer is in progress. Can someone please suggest where can I file a complaint about it? Is it possible to file a complaint over the phone or through some website?

Groundfalling
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jun 24, 2012
Have you tried speaking with the Imam first?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

No I did not and I would prefer to follow the official procedure, if there is any.
Groundfalling
Dubai Forums Member

Just as you do with any neighbour, you speak to them directly to solve the problem first. After that, if the problem is not solved, you go to the relevant authorities. Have you called the Dubai municipality and asked if there are regulations on the volume of Mosque speakers (e.g. cannot exceed a certain number of decibels) and if someone can come and check that the mosque in question complies?

EDIT: Found this on a quick internet search. These are the people to contact - http://www.iacad.gov.ae/EN/Pages/ContactUs.aspx
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jun 26, 2012
There are regulations as to how loud mosques are allowed to be. The section dealing with Cultural affairs at the Municipality is who you need to speak to - be very humble and apologetic when you do! Bear in mind you are in a muslim country and many take offence to expats moaning about the volume. However, there are regulations governing it. They'll ask you which mosque and they will send someone round to check the levels and ask them to turn it down if it's deemed too loud and a disturbance. The call to prayer is not meant to deliberately disturb people. Be aware that they generally are louder during the Holy month of Ramadan. If it still bothers you - move!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jul 02, 2012
Chocoholic ,

The dempartment that is responsible called "The Department of Islamic Affairs" just for clarification. Their number is 04/2663535.

Hmm, if it's really too loud, you can talk to the Emam first, or ignore it and try to get used to it as it's only for a few minutes for each pray, and don't forget it's a muslim country. :)
Lyaliuae
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jul 03, 2012
ear plugs help ... beside listening to adhan is one of the most sweetest thing....
Cerberus
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jul 04, 2012
Cerberus , Not when you've got three of them within earshot all 'screaming' at the tops of their voices trying to prove who's loudest.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jul 27, 2012
come on - speaker volumn should be regulated by law !
Webster
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jul 29, 2012
What you could use is some sound proof windows if all else fails and you do not wish to move. These sound proof windows really do work. I live in Taipei and had sound proof windows installed. The amount of sound that is reduced is amazing but be prepared to spend some money on these windows. With proper windows the speaker can be right outside of the window and you won't hear jack****.. The windows that they use in the UAE are of very poor quality. They are practically paper thin with nearly zero sound insulation so the sound from the outside goes right into your house and bedroom or where ever you are in the house. If you are half deaf,don't mind any noise,or if you are religious and love the sound of the Imam doing prayer calls 5 times a day then these poor windows are of no concern but if you like being in your home and being isolated from all the outside sounds then you need properly built windows which are soundproof.

I doubt complaining to the local authorities will get you any where. They will see this as an foreign expat complaining who is not used to living in an Islamic nation. Arabs in general are not very quiet people. If you want to live in peace next to quiet people you could consider Japan. The Japanese are very quiet and respect the privacy of others. Arabs in general don't care much about others (Not all but generally speaking that is..)
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where to Complaint? Jul 29, 2012
If someone is noisy just right in front of my proprerty why I have to spend money to avoid noise?why we can regulate speakers?
Webster
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Jul 30, 2012
There are regulations governing how loud they can be as I previously stated. If you contact the relevant people, they'll send someone round to check it and have it turned down if it's deemed too loud.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Loud Mosque Speaker, Where To Complaint? Aug 05, 2012
Webster ,
In America or Europe you can complain and chances are quite high that it will be resolved. In the UAE you can complain but I doubt anything will be done or resolved. If you are still not happy they will ask you to move back to your own country or move else where. This is the same in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia as well. I'm an expat here in Asia as well and the noice pollution in Taipei is bad as well. Certain noises are regulated and other noises are not regulated while sure enough the most annoying sounds and noises are never regulated!
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

undefined Sep 09, 2015
Does anyone know where to source soundproof windows. I have checked the directory and google and don't seem to find any reputable companies doing this.
soundcheck
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 06, 2016
bunch of stupid racists wasting thier time in forum, instead of talking directly to the regulatory persons to resolve if thats really an issue.. :)
dxbstraydog
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum