I lost my driving license, what can I do? Help me~~

ziyi
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 04, 2009
Are you a thief?
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 04, 2009
I'll try to find it for you. Where did you lose it?
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2009
Go to the police department and tell them you need a replacement as you have damaged your previous one. They will ask you for you old one, pretned you have it in your wallet, Then shuffle through it, look surprised and tell them its in your other car which is at home in Ajman, and would be real inconvinient to go back and get it. It has worked for a some people I know and within 20 mins they were issued anothe one.

If you tell then you've lost it. Then you have file reports and wait around for a few weeks, They will check emirates wide with all the police stations if someone has turned it in. Then maybe file a few more reports. Maybe even take out a ad in the lost sections if the classifieds ( I dunno if this still happens )

So better option is give the first method a try.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 05, 2009
thank you very much for your warmly advice. :) :) :)
ziyi
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 10, 2009
I lost mine a while ago.

Just went to Al Rashidiya police station with 4 photos, passport and all this usual paperwork. I told them I lost it and didn't know where.

They create a sheet that probably (I don't have a clue about arabic) confirms that you lost it, then you just go to City Center (or if there is another place to do this, I don't know), pay them for a new one and you have it in a few minutes.

What took most times was the normal habibi business, that you have to wait, smile and show that you are happy that they take care of you so good.
The issuing was no problem at all, in the end it just took a few hours of my day and a couple of dirhams..
Christofer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 26, 2009
Hi Christofer,
Can you list what all things you took to police station ? was passport necessary or your labour card was enough ? did u also carry photo copy of your lost license ?

Did you carry an NOC from your employer to get a new license ?

please advise.
Thanks
sajmad
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum