Living In Sharjah And Commuting Daily From Sharjah To Dubai

Topic locked
living in sharjah and commuting daily from sharjah to dubai May 29, 2006
I came to know from an article that there are many people commuting from sharjah to dubai daily as cost of living is lower in sharjah than dubai.
Can anyone tell me..
1. Distance between sharjah and dubai
2. Rent of 1BR with dining kitchen flat in sharjah.
3. Is their good public transport facility from sharjah-dubai-sharjah?.
4. What can be the cost of living difference between sharjah and dubai?.

Sanjeev2211
Dubai Forum Guest

May 29, 2006
1. 5-50 km depending on start and finish points.
2. Not sure, 25k (rubbish) - 50k (good) dhs per year? Compares to 40k-65k in Dubai (unlikely to find similar apartments in Sharjah to the ones that are 70k+ in Dubai).
3. Hardly. Taxis - and there may be a minibus service from Dubai Transport.
4. 15k-25k per year minus traffic jam costs - extra petrol, taxi fares, stress-relieving drugs, time costs.

You didn't ask how long it takes? During rush hour 1-3 hrs each way (the 3 hrs bit I don't believe but someone who does the commute daily told me it sometimes takes that long).
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2006
All commuters from Sharjah coming into Dubai should be taxed about 10K AED annually....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
i second that
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 29, 2006
i also third that
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 29, 2006
:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
fouth it

Liban take this proposal to the government on behalf of DF.

8) 8)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 29, 2006
arniegang wrote:fouth it

Liban take this proposal to the government on behalf of DF.

8) 8)

All the way to the top... Hey M, I got a proposal for you....

Shoot whats up with all the sirens and CID goons near my place?? :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
You can probably commute by plane to a neighboring country by plane and get there sooner (and the cost of living would be cheaper). Provided you live next door to the airport (otherwise add another hour)!

How much is aggrevation and time wasted inside a car worth to do. I suggest that with that in mind Dubai may be "cheaper".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2006
Liban wrote:All commuters from Sharjah coming into Dubai should be taxed about 10K AED annually....

Yeah true, but they should tax the people with Dubai visas who go to shj cuz of lower rents and screw up things for everyone on that highway. I heard someone saying that the guv wants to impose a rule that people with Dubai visas should be forced to live in dubai only.. that will make traffic nice in Dubai eh?? And push rents up higher, good for landlords..! But quite tough to implement..

I have relatives in shj who i visit regularly and it is a pain, but mostly caused by Dubai workers who cant afford Dubai rents.. feel sorry for the people who actually work in shj getting screwed by the Dubai workers.. just last week i was stuck in some traffic so i looked at the plates.. more than 70% were dubai plates...
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 25, 2006
jag wrote:I heard someone saying that the guv wants to impose a rule that people with Dubai visas should be forced to live in dubai only.

Well, I heard (actually I read) that the UAE is signatory to some international document which says residents have freedom of movement within the country i.e. you can live where you want.

And now I'm not sure if it was residents or citizens. Hmmm....

Which government were you referring to - UAE or Dubai?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 25, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
jag wrote:I heard someone saying that the guv wants to impose a rule that people with Dubai visas should be forced to live in dubai only.

Well, I heard (actually I read) that the UAE is signatory to some international document which says residents have freedom of movement within the country i.e. you can live where you want.

And now I'm not sure if it was residents or citizens. Hmmm....

Which government were you referring to - UAE or Dubai?

Was the Dubai guv I was referring to... The way laws are being changed here on the fly, wouldnt surprise me one bit. I think you are referring to is for citizens, maybe not residents...
jag
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum