How Long Does It Take After A Successful Interview?

Topic locked
How long does it take after a successful interview? Jun 28, 2007
Hi people,

I was in AD for an interview recently and my direct boss (to be) called to informed me that I have passed the interview with their CEO and the HR director will be contacting me shortly. But after two weeks, I've nothing hear from the HR guy... do they typically move at this pace in AD or is there something amissed. Any advice or views would be very much appreciated.

cheers,

chubbyhubby
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How long does it take after a successful interview? Jun 28, 2007
chubbyhubby wrote:Hi people,

I was in AD for an interview recently and my direct boss (to be) called to informed me that I have passed the interview with their CEO and the HR director will be contacting me shortly. But after two weeks, I've nothing hear from the HR guy... do they typically move at this pace in AD or is there something amissed. Any advice or views would be very much appreciated.

cheers,

Call them: "Shortly" should be about 2 weeks. Of course depends on the job and how but you want or need the job. Don't want to sound desperate but they should also know that if they do not move quickly they might loose you as an employee. Your call...I would.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
email them and tell them that you'd just like to advise tham that you are also considering another option; and you need to notify the second party
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 28, 2007
Sometimes it can take a while... I had a friend who recently had to wait a month for his offer from the successful interview, and he had bugged them several times.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 28, 2007
Thanks folks for your kind advice and opinions.
Yes, I sent them an email and gave them a polite call to inform them I've a pending offer that is sitting beside me for a while - that is the truth. They seemed keen but was unable to provide a firm offer hence my dilema. Just wondering if this is the normal pace of things over there ;)
chubbyhubby
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 28, 2007
consider this part of the bargening strategy... force thier hand a little, but give them some room to manuver
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 28, 2007
I have a buddy who got a civilian job with the AD military. So he went to Kish for the visa change. He rotted there for a week and then went to his home country. Came back a month later to take up the job.

Another buddy got a job with the RTA. Heard from them almost a year after the positive interview.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 29, 2007
omg... hope my situation will not take a year! it is incredulous that it even take two weeks... my typical experience was under a week and they will make a firm offer... but my experience is mainly in USA and Asia. Nothing beats experiencing the culture in ME first hands! Thanks guys and keep the advice and comments coming in...

gtmash: hope your friend is loving his job by the minute else the one year wait maybe ridiculous :P
chubbyhubby
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 29, 2007
chubbyhubby wrote:...hope your friend is loving his job by the minute else the one year wait maybe ridiculous :P

Well. he too went back to his country as he waited. Now he works "government" hours. 8 to 2. :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 30, 2007
Hello forum members,

I got shortlisted for a Dubai job 2 weeks ago and got called up 1 week ago saying that they would like me to come for an interview, but would get back to me regarding the date after checking with the employer since its a "headhunting company" doing the hiring.

Now a week has passed since the last contact and I sent an email inquiring whats was happening and they said they would get back to me ASAP.

They also stated that they wanted to fill the position URGENTLY.

So perhaps the process is slower than some of us are used to! Hope it van help you
swe77
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum