Getting A Driving License...

Topic locked
Getting a driving license... Sep 03, 2006
Well now that I've arrived I have so many questions. :-)

I come from Croatia, country that is not yet part of EU so we don't have international driving licenses.

I went to a driving school, have about 50 hours of driving and just have to take exam when I come home for Christmas.\

Do I need to go through all the driving school again in Dubai or can I just show them that I passed all other exams as well as 50 hours of driving and then take like 5-10 hours and go on the exam ??

Thanx a lot!

L.

Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Sep 03, 2006
For sure you will still be going to a drive test here BUT it wont be that long hours compared to what youve been thru before. Just make sure to bring your license (may it be not international) and have it authenticated here in Dubai. Try to use the search option in this forum, I saw couple of posts in the past about license....goodluck! :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Getting a driving license... Sep 03, 2006
Laydee wrote:Well now that I've arrived I have so many questions. :-)

I come from Croatia, country that is not yet part of EU so we don't have international driving licenses.

I went to a driving school, have about 50 hours of driving and just have to take exam when I come home for Christmas.\

Do I need to go through all the driving school again in Dubai or can I just show them that I passed all other exams as well as 50 hours of driving and then take like 5-10 hours and go on the exam ??

Thanx a lot!

L.

Hi Laydee,

Driving Licenses are accepted from many countries by the Dubai Police, when applying for a licese and they will simply issue one based on your home country license. I am not sure whether Croatia is on of those Countries, you can go to a Police Station and ask. If they are not, I am afraid the fact that you have taken many driving lessons will not mean anything to them.

Also be aware you can only (Leagally) drive on an International Driving permit in the UAE if you are on a visit visa.

Regards,

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
Laydee,
You will need to do the test here as your driving license is unfortunately not valid in the UAE. You'll need to take your home driving license with you to a local driving school , that way you will be exempt from the parking exam and you'll only need to go for some classes not the whole 20 I think they normally as you to go for. You will need to do a theoritical and a driving test though then set the final test. Like I said before you'll only be exempt from the parking bit if you show them that you already have a drving license. God luck.
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum