Dubai To Ras Al Khaima

Topic locked
Dubai to Ras al Khaima Aug 30, 2007
Hello
We are moving to Dubai in December.

We just came to know that my husband will hv to go to Ras Al khaimah for work atleast 2-3 times a week. If we stay in Bur Dubai..how long does it take to drive to Ras al Khaimah. On the net it says 45 mins on Emirates Road..and someone else told us that there is lot of traffic in Dubai..can u give a realistic time and also since we are more city people, which wld be an ideal place where we shd live in, given the circumstances..also we have a daughter who will go to school..so we dont want to live too far away from the city.

megha
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 30, 2007
If you haven't got the place, I'd recommend the other side of Dubai like Deira or even better Al Ghusais. Lots of good schools there and the rent rate also is slightly lower than Bur Dubai. Though your husband would still to beat Sharjah's traffic, but you would avoid the traffic of Maktoum & Garhoud bridges. That'll save you about one hour time per trip or 2 hours per day.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2007
45mins - 1 hour on Emirates road is correct. I do the journey on a regular basis and it never takes more than an hour.

However, I have easy access to Emirates Road - approx 10 mins, it will take you much longer to reach Emirates Road from Bur Dubai.
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 30, 2007
I used to be able to do Oud Metha (Wafi city / American Hospital) to RAK in just under an hour.

You also go against the main traffic flow which is a bonus.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 02, 2007
Thanks for the info....But someone told us that Al Ghusais is not a good area ..more for labour camps...is that true??? Are there new good buildings with facilities in Ghusais??

hey Major & jabbajabba where do u guys live??
megha
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 02, 2007
Burj Residence - Downtown Burj Dubai
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 03, 2007
RAK to Dubai on Emirates Road has a bottleneck at National Paints roundabout in Sharjah. There is a long way around - exit at Umm Al Quwain and find the 611 Road. Or even longer past RAK Airport to Dhaid and then Dubai.

Al Ghusais a bit cheaper for rent but you'll be stuck in traffic anytime you want to go to Dubai - Bur Dubai, Jumeirah etc. Not much happening in Ghusais. More here - where to live in Dubai
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 03, 2007
bonk wrote:Al Ghusais a bit cheaper for rent but you'll be stuck in traffic anytime you want to go to Dubai - Bur Dubai, Jumeirah etc. Not much happening in Ghusais. More here - where to live in Dubai

It depends on the priority.

Ghusais is considered good location for: families (lots of schools), frequent travelers (very close to airport), workers with offices in Deira and surroundings (with slightly cheaper rent).

For happenings (for singles), maybe not (as much as in Bur Dubai/Jumeirah), though it's not that far from Deira City Centre for shopping.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 03, 2007
xty wrote:Ghusais is considered good location for: families (lots of schools), frequent travelers (very close to airport), workers with offices in Deira and surroundings (with slightly cheaper rent).

Ah. Good points.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum